Gable at Olympic Trials

I hope so. He is only 23, the age at which JB started his international career and 5 years younger that DT in his first.  His potential as a wrestler is unlimited.  Is there talk of him going to MMA since UFC is now owned by WWE?

As a WWE performer, he is awful.  It has been obvious since the beginning that it wasn't working, and WWE is burying him and refusing to even put him on TV.  

Gable isn’t a natural actor or stage performer. He can do flips in front of a wrestling crowd but he doesn’t have “it” when it comes to drawing the eye.

He looks like he’s trying too hard. It’s super awkward and it makes me uncomfortable to watch him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

This latest thread claimed Steveson scrubbed WWE from his social media status. That’s unclear to me.

X - nothing about WWE in his profile or feed

Instagram - WWE in profile along with wrestling, but feed is everything but WWE

Facebook - WWE in profile but not active since 2022

I don’t follow TikTok

I don’t know if he recently scrubbed anything or never really got started promoting WWE on his personal social media in the first place. Maybe he’s being told to leave it to WWE’s marketing.

Yeah, he never took WWE off of his profile.  In fact, it is the first thing mentioned in his bio on Instagram.  I don't follow it too much, but friends who do tell me he is not cut out for it.  I'd rather just see him go into MMA and stop wasting the time time of both parties.

• Bob 1

10 hours ago, Le duke said:

Gable isn’t a natural actor or stage performer. He can do flips in front of a wrestling crowd but he doesn’t have “it” when it comes to drawing the eye.

He looks like he’s trying too hard. It’s super awkward and it makes me uncomfortable to watch him.

While I support anyone chasing their dreams, I totally agree with this...just never saw it in him as a WWE guy.

I sure hope he makes another run or two or three at Oly gold!

Edited by Bigbrog

11 hours ago, BloodRound said:

Yeah, he never took WWE off of his profile.  In fact, it is the first thing mentioned in his bio on Instagram.  I don't follow it too much, but friends who do tell me he is not cut out for it.  I'd rather just see him go into MMA and stop wasting the time time of both parties.

WWE was briefly removed from his profile but is back on now. Furthermore, he recently posted videos of him wrestling in Minnesota's room with a WWE shirt on. On numerous occasions, he has stated his desire to go for a second Olympic gold, so it would be disappointing for the wrestling community if that didn't end up happening. Totally agree with the previous post that Parris can get bronze, but we all know there is no HWT that moves or has the explosiveness of Gable.

PNWfan

While I support anyone chasing their dreams, I totally agree with this...just never saw it in him as a WWE guy.
I sure hope he makes another run or two or three at Oly gold!

Yeah. I’m not saying he shouldn’t pursue it. He has a chance to earn generational wealth if he can make it happen. But I just don’t see it.

20 hours ago, Le duke said:

this is exactly right. Steveson got away with it because he was so good, but his antics came off as cheesy in forced even as a college wrestler. He's not that big, hes not captivating to look at, and he's just not funny, which is an underrated part of pro wrestling. They're not HAHA funny all the time, but theres a note of irony to every character that I don't see him carrying.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 minutes ago, MinnesotaMustang said:

I’m telling you guys - he’s not in. It’s not even close. He is living in Orlando and not wrestling. 

Hanging out with the Ferrari bros?  😉

On 3/7/2024 at 5:06 PM, Le duke said:

Yeah. I’m not saying he shouldn’t pursue it. He has a chance to earn generational wealth if he can make it happen. But I just don’t see it.

Based on statistics, he's much more likely to cause generational drug addiction by joining WWE than generational wealth.  And elite wrestlers like Taylor are making very good money when you factor in endorsements, clinics, training centers. Gable is just as good as Taylor and there is zero reason he can't also make generational wealth from wrestling. He also happens to be really awful at WWE acting.

On 3/7/2024 at 4:10 AM, MinnesotaMustang said:

The rumors that he is out at WWE couldn’t be more wrong. He is still training with them in Orlando. 

I mean, they can't be THAT wrong seeing as he has been part of the company for years now and they refuse to put him on TV.  And it's not like the training he's doing matters, because Logan Paul and KSI are now WWE superstars. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Fire 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:28 PM, PNWfan said:

I noticed Gable Steveson has scrubbed WWE from his social media and has been seen in wrestling rooms recently. Any chance he is gearing up to compete at Olympic trials and go for another gold?

I heard he's decided to wrestle his Sr year and has transferred to Oklahoma State to pursue a future in human/cow relations. 

• Bob 1

While I think he would definitely medal for us I do not think he can beat Zare and if he is struggling to get his feet wet in the WWE I don't know that he wants to hurt the idea that he is an untouchable wrestler. Personally, I think he should have just wrestled continuously for two more cycles won 8 or 9 golds and gone to the WWE as the most dominant wrestler ever. I think Zare is too good though to take the better part of 2 years mostly off and hop back into it for 5 or 6 months.

• Bob 1

Guys, it's cool. Everyone has HEW. He has different goals and is doing his best to accomplish his goal of getting generational money by becoming famous through the venue he views as most likely to achieve his goal. Stinks for wrestling junkies but we gotta let this one go and be glad we saw an all-time run along the way that will be replayed forever. He will likely be back anyways at some point, just not on the time line any of us wants and it's darn sure not up to any of us to tell him what to do.

It is his life - let him live it.

i am an idiot on the internet