3rd Annual Themat.com Memorial / Intermat Invitational NCAA Fantasy wrestling league!

VakAttack

Update following Session 5. 

• With a 26-point lead, three finalists and one guaranteed champ (Ayala and Haines/Teemer), @steamboat_charlie cannot be beat. 
  • @nhs67 (one finalist: Figueroa) appears to have a lock on 2nd place, but @jajensen09 (two finalists: Welsh & Davison) can take 2nd with a couple bonus wins in the finals (and a Fig loss).
  • @VakAttack (one finalist: Plott) and @jajensen09 are battling it out for the third trophy.

image.thumb.png.523a688f6ac52d70190c2045514bf13c.png

@Antitroll2828 @MPhillips @MizzouFan01 @flyingcement @JvStateChamp1 @Truzzcat @Gage @Idaho @Perry @RockLobster

Edited by lu_alum
  • Bob 1

56 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Beard had a very underwhelming performance this weekend. NATO was the star for me. Fighting now just be be an All-American. 

Actually if you go 2-2 in the finals even if Kerk wins you can pass me 

1 hour ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Beard had a very underwhelming performance this weekend. NATO was the star for me. Fighting now just be be an All-American. 

I had an 8 seed (wolf) who went 0 and 2 lol got to be berge's first match on his backside tear at 184

There might not have been a perfect 125lb bracket out there, but I had the finals nailed.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Correction to my previous final chart.  My "Champs" count was wrong.  No changes to standings - just an error of my logic to count the number of "1st" winners in the Place column.

image.thumb.png.5bae9e248223e2e123bbf607bfe08a0b.png

8 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Correction to my previous final chart.  My "Champs" count was wrong.  No changes to standings - just an error of my logic to count the number of "1st" winners in the Place column.

image.thumb.png.5bae9e248223e2e123bbf607bfe08a0b.png

If i had gone with my head and picked Kexkeisen as my first pick....

Alright, most of the monies have been disbursed.  @steamboat_charlie, our vaunted champion, check your Venmo, sir!

OUr esteemed runner up, @nhs67 has asked that his winnings be disbursed differently, so @MPhillips check your Venmo also.  @lu_alum get back with me in the DMs.

Congrats everybody on a great season.  I think next year I might bump the buy in t o $25.  Great tournament, thanks everybody for playing!

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie said:

@VakAttack @lu_alum

Thanks to you both for organizing and putting this on.  Terrific work, smooth from start to finish.  

Shout out to Kasak and Berge for fighting all the way back on the back side and winning it for me.  

Thanks and congratulations.  I thought the three finalists and picking Teemer as your WC drove it home for you.

Your Kasak/Berge comment made me go back and look at your picks.  Pretty damn impressive.  The winner of last year's contest (15 participants) had 109.5 points.  The winner in 2022 (9 participants) had 138.5.  You had 128.5 in a 15-person competition.

• Ten of eleven scored points.
  • Seven of eleven made All-American.
  • Six of your AAs placed in the top four.  
  • I think, like PSU, you just set a very high standard for future contests. (sorry, @VakAttack)

image.png.d817575474b56e233efe6ec02554acdd.png

Edited by lu_alum
  • Bob 1