Who wins Pan Am Championships?

57kg Spencer Lee spends a full minute on the mat to win twice by 10-0 scores. He has Venezuela in the final.

65kg Nick Lee is the slower working of the two Lees, taking 2:02 to finish his pair of 10-0 wins. He faces Destribats of Argentina in the final.

70kg Alec Panteleo faces Biabani of Canada in the final.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

23 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

97kg Kyle Snyder goes pin, 11-0 to make the final against Cuba's Torres.

125kg Mason Parris goes 10-0, inj def to make the final against Peurto Rico's Smith.

Smith, another American (and yes, I know Puerto Ricans are American citizens) whom I believe wrestled in CA and then their community college system.

On 2/23/2024 at 2:59 PM, Dark Energy said:

Gray gets teched 0-10.  After becoming a mom, she has lost a step or two.  Who can blame her.  Becoming a mom is a huge deal mentally and physically.  

Throw some more shade at the GOAT while you're at it

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

6 minutes ago, Animal197 said:

Is there a reason for so many forfeits? Do teams need to weigh in here to be eligible for the Olympic qualifier next week? My apologies if I missed this elsewhere.

You are exactly right. They made it a requirement that the country represent the weight here if they wanted to participate at the weight next week for the Olympic Qualifier. 

That did not mean it had to be the same person both weeks. Thus you get Spencer Lee at 57 instead of Zane Richards and some guy for Mexico instead of RBY.

And at 65 Puerto Rico (Sebastian Rivera), Mexico (Austin Gomez, and Cuba (I forget the guy's name) will send a different wrestler next week than they sent this week.

The one benefit of sending the same guy both weeks is that he/she could earn ranking points this week that may be beneficial next week.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I winced watching the end of Spencer's match. His opponent seemed to be hell bent on taking his leg with him

i did too, but the guy is entitled to try to win the match, I didn't see anything to make me think he would have preferred to lose and injure Lee as opposed to just lose.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Snyder sleepwalks his way to 2-5 in the first two minutes of his final. Then an absolutely enormous Torres (CUB) hits the wall. Snyder takes the gold 10-5 without looking great.

Exactly, he has me worried 

On 2/23/2024 at 12:31 PM, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Suriano beat the Cuban 3-2 in the first round. It's a round robin, and he'll eventually get a bye in round three because of an injury to the Ecuadorian wrestler. Is that Cubano going to drop down to 57kg next week? Is that allowed? I thought it was not, but don't know for sure. In case it is allowed, him losing to Suriano and then having to lose another 9 pounds in a week. Ouch!

Wasn’t that Joey Silva, representing Puerto Rico?

• Fire 1

thought about making a thread but does not seem worth it. Any concern with snyders performance? silot is young and definitely tough but going down 5-2 at the break against someone you have previously teched the past two years seems mildly concerning. Perhaps silot has just gotten that much better.