Is PSU really getting calls or are we haters?

35 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

For sure. Nolf-Hidlay also comes to mind.

But it's not PSU catching breaks. I think the officiating has been a bit uneven this season. PSU just gets the most attention when a call goes their way because they're PSU. I'm not blaming the refs, either. It's hard to develop "refereeing muscle memory"  when there have been so many rules changes over the past 5 or so years. At least it feels that way.

Hidlay did not have a TD and that was end of the first period.  

The obvious answer is the non-TD call in the JO/Logan match.      * for Steiber

Edited by Threadkilla
Grammar police

23 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Hidlay did not have a TD and that was end of the first period.  

The obvious answer is the non-TD call in the JO/Logan match.      * for Steiber

I know this isn't a PSU example,  But everybody hurts,   sometime,  everybody cries. 

Do PSU guys get calls? Yup. 

Do all superstars in sports get calls? Yup. 

Specific PSU guys get calls because they are elite and Cael in general gets calls because of the program he has built. Refs are human. The best guys will get the benefit of the doubt more times than not and Penn State has had the most best guys for a long time now.  

• Fire 1

As someone who doesn't cheer for PSU, I don't think of myself as a hater but perhaps as a non PSU fan the shoe fits.

I also have wondered this and think it is a combination of a few things

1) PSU has a disproportionate amount highly ranked wrestlers who are in big matches that draw attention.  So it seems like they are involved in getting calls but others have benefited as well.  For example, Dean's win the quarters was big but not the only bad call at NCAAs that year or in other years but we remember it because he won the title.

2) Because they have some of the best wrestlers, their reaction time/wrestling IQ/quick twitch, whatever probably create more 50/50 calls.  

3) Stars do get calls and they probably get the benefit of the doubt on 50/50 calls.

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

To be fair, I believe it might be just having too few life experiences. Have you ever considered being a mentor? I have seen others here who could benefit from a sage elder...👴

🤔

I think it's haterade. 

other than completely blown (and acknowledged) judgement calls (Davis-Kilkeary / Beau-Hardy) (one of which was conflated by a new interpretation of 'reaction time', what pivotal calls went their way that were egregious. 

I didn't think Hayden had the TD on Nolf.

There was a challenge in the Matt Brown - Wilps final that was iffy.

Something weird (i can't remember) happened in the Hidlay-Brooks final.

but i just can't say, en masse, 'psu gets all the calls'.

TBD

18 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I, a self proclaimed PSU hater, began to wonder this. Is Penn state really getting the “good calls” at a disproportionate rate to other schools? 

There are example to point out, but is that my own bias and the forums bias? Or this this actually an issue? 

can't both be true? 

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

Do PSU guys get calls? Yup. 

Do all superstars in sports get calls? Yup. 

Specific PSU guys get calls because they are elite and Cael in general gets calls because of the program he has built. Refs are human. The best guys will get the benefit of the doubt more times than not and Penn State has had the most best guys for a long time now.  

Davis is a superstar? 

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

Davis is a superstar? 

Nope. The dual was at home and Cael is still the coach. They also get calls due to Cael Sanderson and the dominance of the PSU team in general. It's a combination. Davis got the home cooking/Cael Sanderson effect. And I say that as a PSU fan. 

Do the nits get all the calls?

a58a8b18930dffcb5710b72e85860139.gif

... HELL YES, they do!!!

Do the opposition get a call going their way?

vSQYQ&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

When Rec Hall freezes over!!! 

D (the KING of nitwrestlinhaters club) 3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.