Trump keeps begging for donations - Yikes, that doesn't bode well

43 minutes ago, mspart said:

The DA, the judge, and the governor were happy too until......      Oh no, we just screwed ourselves.   Quick Kathy, go out and tell everyone they are not Trump so they won't be treated this way.   Quick, Go!!!

The law of unintended consequences is a thing to behold. 

1.  Pass law giving gig workers minimum wage.   Gig workers make half as much as they did. 

2.  Pass law decriminalizing drug use.   Drug use runs rampant and overdose deaths ensue.   General lawlessness prevails in an effort to the next hit. 

3.  Stop prosecuting shoplifting.   Oh my, shoplifting rates go through the roof and Walmart leaves Portland en toto due to theft.   Walgreens  closes down in poor neighborhoods because they can't take the losses.   And these companies are racist because of this.   How about stop stealing!!

4.  Reducing charges for use of a gun in a felony.   Oh, why oh why are we seeing more armed crime in our city?

5.  No border enforcement.   Oh my, our wonderful sanctuary cities and states are overrun and we can't handle anymore.   They are taking our tax base and we can't provide for our own people.   Ohhhhhhh.

6.  Reduce funding for police.   Oh wow.   How is it that crime has gone up so tremendously?   Oh wait, we just won't report it anymore and therefore crime rates have gone down.   Statistically this may work.   Realistically it is obvious it does not work. 

7.   Pass judgement on a political enemy of gargantuan and unprecedented proportions.   Oh my get the governor out there to say not to worry, no one else will be so pursued.    It was only because he was an enemy of the current regime.   You are not such an enemy (until you are determined to be so).   Wow, why is no one investing in our state anymore?  

The people bring this upon themselves and it only takes a correct vote to change this.   But as seen in Seattle, it takes years for people to realize they have screwed themselves finally, and do something about it.   So now after 10 years we supposedly have a sane City Council.   But I haven't seen or heard of much changing yet.  

mspart

It’s as if someone devised a plan to destroy civilization and then somehow convinced the people to vote for it.  It seems you’d have to obliterate the knowledge or concept of history to do that.  Who would be best positioned and have the time and access to promote this idea?

It is pretty evident we are witnessing the biggest witch hunt of all time. When you have so many different indictments, and so many cases in different courts of law, through so many different juries, in so many different jurisdictions, in front of so many different judges, on so many fronts including fraud, defamation, sexual assault, stealing elections, and so on and so on…and all these cases get judged against you…there is only one logical answer. It is an entire web of radical thug injustice, the biggest ever, some people even say the biggest in the history of the planet!  

You don’t have to be a brainiac to figure this miscarriage of the law out. In fact, you don't even have to watch the trials or read the transcripts.  All you have to do is subscribe to Twitter. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

It is pretty evident we are witnessing the biggest witch hunt of all time. When you have so many different indictments, and so many cases in different courts of law, through so many different juries, in so many different jurisdictions, in front of so many different judges, on so many fronts including fraud, defamation, sexual assault, stealing elections, and so on and so on…and all these cases get judged against you…there is only one logical answer. It is an entire web of radical thug injustice, the biggest ever, some people even say the biggest in the history of the planet!  

You don’t have to be a brainiac to figure this miscarriage of the law out. All you have to do is subscribe to Twitter. 

WR, it is a coincidence that all this has happened to one man.   His current situation will be appealed.  Period.   His issue in GA is a joke of a RICO prosecution.  Most likely brought on to enrich herself and her paramour with 600k that they vacationed on and the like, knowing this would take some time to get moving.   He made out like a bandit at the least.   She was sharing in those spoils.   Corruption right there, and they should be off the case.   In NY, what is normally a misdemeanor is being tried as a felony in a another one of a kind case.   And federally, the classified documents case is a sham as we now know.   Hillary got no prosecution with hard evidence against her.    Biden just got a waiver because he is too old and feeble.   But Trump, we got to get him.    And then the federal election interference case.   He hasn't lost these cases yet.   But you can bet they will be appealed if  he does.  

The American people generally are seeing through all this as a campaign to get rid of a political rival.  It is seen as corruption and hopefully that message is sent to those in power. 

mspar

1 minute ago, mspart said:

WR, it is a coincidence that all this has happened to one man.   His current situation will be appealed.  Period.   His issue in GA is a joke of a RICO prosecution.  Most likely brought on to enrich herself and her paramour with 600k that they vacationed on and the like, knowing this would take some time to get moving.   He made out like a bandit at the least.   She was sharing in those spoils.   Corruption right there, and they should be off the case.   In NY, what is normally a misdemeanor is being tried as a felony in a another one of a kind case.   And federally, the classified documents case is a sham as we now know.   Hillary got no prosecution with hard evidence against her.    Biden just got a waiver because he is too old and feeble.   But Trump, we got to get him.    And then the federal election interference case.   He hasn't lost these cases yet.   But you can bet they will be appealed if  he does.  

The American people generally are seeing through all this as a campaign to get rid of a political rival.  It is seen as corruption and hopefully that message is sent to those in power. 

mspar

Agreed, the biggest coincidence ever, for any president. The most coincidenced president of all time!!

You don’t have to be a brainiac, but if you have a brain, and use it, you might suspect that there might be a thread that ties these indicters, judges, venues, etc together.  But there are no bonus points for finding it.  Better luck next time.  

• Haha 1

This is not without precedence.

Martin Shkreli spent 4 years in prison for securities fraud even though no one lost money, and some investors made money.

Sam Bankman-Fried has been convicted of fraud even though there may be a full recovery in the FTX bankruptcy.

In short, it has never been the case that the lack of losses means there was no fraud.

Yes, it is typical in cases of fraud that there are investors you can point to and say they lost money. But, if you are lucky enough to make money for investors despite your fraud, it does not negate the fraud. Never has. Never will. Luck is no defense.

It is just a horrible idea to have an "investors must lose money" test to establish fraud.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

16 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Just in case you guys didn't know about this, you can search the following database to see which people have donated to which politicians over time (and how much and when, etc).  Tom Brands has donated nothing, while Terry has made two donations shown below:

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/image.thumb.png.e05351641440de9067d7fd1ff275bbbd.png

tightwad ... 🤨

Screenshot_20240220-204238_Chrome.jpg.7ba4bfe0cfe54c7f825c88109fcb2dc6.jpg

• Clown 1

16 hours ago, jross said:

Alex (Trebek), what is intellectual honesty and principled opposition?

You can disagree with and dislike Trump while recognizing unfair treatment. 

Don't really want to wade into this mess, but feel obligated...

How is it that you dopes think the orange turd is being treated unfairly?

I get it, some bunch of dopes throw accusations around and pretend to be smart about law. 

Then the judicial system arrives and makes a professional judgement, exactly as they are supposed to do. 

If you can't tell the difference between the two, then... you are one of the dopes.

12 hours ago, mspart said:

I do not want Trump to be President.   Does that mean I shouldn't call out corrupt government/judicial operations when I see it?   I am off base for calling out corruption.   The judicial system is supposed to be fair and unbiased.   There was no way this was fair and unbiased and it is easy to see if you will see.   I'm not off base.  

mspart

You are seriously sketchy ... very seriously sketchy. The claim that "I do not want Trump to be President" while fighting tooth and nail to support him makes no sense.

Let me say it again - what you're posting here makes no sense.

Art... it's starting to feel like you aren't who you say you are. And your motivations aren't what you claim them to be.

13 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Did he or did he not commit fraud?

no. he didn't ya dumbass. that's the point. 

if you don't recognize this (and other charges) for what it is - 3rd World banana republic bs - then you're a loon. 

TBD

6 hours ago, mspart said:

mspar

... and NOW you're posting about Hilary? You're diggin' deep to support the orange candidate.

C'mon Art. You might as well post about how bad Washington's wooden teeth were. Let history go.

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You are seriously sketchy ... very seriously sketchy. The claim that "I do not want Trump to be President" while fighting tooth and nail to support him makes no sense.

Let me say it again - what you're posting here makes no sense.

Art... it's starting to feel like you aren't who you say you are. And your motivations aren't what you claim them to be.

Let me try break it down for you. I’ll use myself as an example.  Voted for Obama (once).  Didn’t vote for Trump in 16 or 20. Will use my upcoming Nov vote on the person that I feel will best keep Joe Biden out of office.  Unless something changes that appears to be Trump.  Do I want Trump as President ??? No.  But I’ll take him over Biden any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  

• Fire 2

16 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Never said crimes ??

If you go back and read the post I made this comment about. Crimes, from other people that 45 is also accused of committing but in a much more brazen way, were brought up. So, on that subject I used the word but not in reference to the civil case. Wouldn't expect you to read too far into it after you think you could dunk or flex or whatever reason you are the way you are. 

Carry on being a waste of time and space, jr. 

And before you say, 'Nu uh, you are!' Let me add that I am rubber and you are glue! 

Edited by ThreePointTakedown

47 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Let me try break it down for you. I’ll use myself as an example.  Voted for Obama (once).  Didn’t vote for Trump in 16 or 20. Will use my upcoming Nov vote on the person that I feel will best keep Joe Biden out of office.  Unless something changes that appears to be Trump.  Do I want Trump as President ??? No.  But I’ll take him over Biden any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like more often than used to be the case, we are voting against a candidate rather than voting for a candidate. I know that has been the case for me in the past several presidential elections. But I am of the opposite view. I will hold my nose and vote for Biden because I cannot, in good conscience, vote for Trump.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like more often than used to be the case, we are voting against a candidate rather than voting for a candidate. I know that has been the case for me in the past several presidential elections. But I am of the opposite view. I will hold my nose and vote for Biden because I cannot, in good conscience, vote for Trump.

That’s the beauty of America you can do that.  Not a chance in hell I vote for Biden.  

44 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

If you go back and read the post I made this comment about. Crimes, from other people that 45 is also accused of committing but in a much more brazen way, were brought up. So, on that subject I used the word but not in reference to the civil case. Wouldn't expect you to read too far into it after you think you could dunk or flex or whatever reason you are the way you are. 

And before you say, 'Nu uh, you are!' Let me add that I am rubber and you are glue! 

I can only get thru about one sentence of your psycho babble.  I have more fun reading peoples responses to you.  The one where the guy said “you can’t be  a real person” was pretty good.  It made you leave for a week or so. Bhahahahahahahah

• Fire 1

46 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

You said it.  It’s right there in print.  🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

if you're so stupid or uneducated in this topic (GWN)

listen here. it's baseless. it's a which hunt. it's not b/c a crime was committed (as corroborated by the victim (the bank) themselves), it's b/c it's trump.

I think the biggest issue is that it's a selective enforcement. The decision is justified under the law, but the law isn't ever enforced on anybody else and it's clearly being done in this case for political reasons.

He did commit fraud in the sense that he grossly overvalued his wealth, but that's what everybody does. Points to a larger problem in the system imo.