PSU at Iowa match commentary

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah.  I think that's going to be an issue in March.  Not tonight obviously,  lol,  but having to make weight three straight days?  I dunno.  He looks bigger than Deakin.

I was just wondering if it was too late for Mesenbrink and Haines to switch weights.  They could pull it off I think

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah.  I think that's going to be an issue in March.  Not tonight obviously,  lol,  but having to make weight three straight days?  I dunno.  He looks bigger than Deakin.

He should be fine vs the field tournament time.  Everyone is struggling! 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Just now, PortaJohn said:

He should be fine vs the field tournament time.  Everyone is struggling! 

Maybe. I mean, Deakin did it, right?  But the size disparity there was striking to the eye!

That said, if he does lose,  it won't be to Franek, lol. 

Look inside a PSU fans stream-of-consciousness at the midpoint

125 - Cael needs to drill Davis on the got behind and attack the stalling three point wrestler counter.  I think the best counter is the "don't-get-behind-the-wanker-that-uses-it" technque. I'm ok with batting the guys head doing this but it doesn't get you any points.  Rule change should be that when someone goes to three point stance the opposing wrestler should be awarded use of a baseball bat.

133 - Hard to call stalling on top against a guy who wins 11-0.  But this is Carver so maybe.

141 - Bartlett knows how to slow a pace down without going to a 3 point stance.  Carver stalling call.  Surprised that Barlett didn't get called for stalling for not getting that double leg fast enough.  I mean, it is Carver.

149 - Stalll warning for defending a shot against Kasak.  I mean, it is Carver. Kasak looking Cavered.  But he is a true frosh.  Stall against Iowa.  Wait.  This is Carver.  SV.  Tied at 8.  Match of the night!   Forget about Carvered.  OK SV.   But liking Kasak's future!  He was NOT Carvered.  He just might make noise later.

157 - Iowa stalling?  What is happening here.  Levi only has 1:40 riding time after 1.  Levi heavy hips might have broken Franek.  Franek stalling for a point .... Gable's hip must be vibrating wildly in its socket.  12- 0 major.  Whops.  Slumping Haines pace still good enough.

• Fire 1

I think it would be an interesting strategy to put Kennedy out against Mesenbrink and Caliendo against Starocci - accepting that they lose both matches but create more favorable matchups to prevent bonus (the guy with the non-stop motor in Kennedy vs Mesenbrink to hedge the gassing risk) and the guy with superhuman strength (caliendo) up against Starocci to prevent a major bullying

1 minute ago, SocraTease said:

Haines is finally rounding into the form he had last year.  He started the season slow, apparently after some kind of surgery I think.

Penn State has lost two matches, though close losses by two true freshman.

PSU gonna turn up the heat now. Caliendo has a chance because he is big and talented. I still pick PSU to run the upper weights.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

I think it would be an interesting strategy to put Kennedy out against Mesenbrink and Caliendo against Starocci - accepting that they lose both matches but create more favorable matchups to prevent bonus (the guy with the non-stop motor in Kennedy vs Mesenbrink to hedge the gassing risk) and the guy with superhuman strength (caliendo) up against Starocci to prevent a major bullying

Arnold. 

But he's not suited up.

• Fire 1