DeSantis pulls out of the race.

Pretty interesting dynamic this brings out. There are some democrats who would prefer someone other than Biden on the ticket. But there aren’t democrats, even among moderates, who would vote for Trump over Biden. Republicans know this. 

On the other hand, there have already been several prominent republicans come out and said they would not vote for, and even some cases work against Trump. She’s going to be very electable (general election)

vs Trump for the mid to center right, moderates on both sides, and independents. Republicans know this as well. 

MAGA is going to play this game that she’s in liberals pockets. Thats going to play well with democrats who want someone other Biden, and non maga republicans are just going to see the same maga bs they are tired of. 

Not saying anything other I think it makes the Republican race a lot more dynamic. 

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Pretty interesting dynamic this brings out. There are some democrats who would prefer someone other than Biden on the ticket. But there aren’t democrats, even among moderates, who would vote for Trump over Biden. Republicans know this. 

On the other hand, there have already been several prominent republicans come out and said they would not vote for, and even some cases work against Trump. She’s going to be very electable (general election)

vs Trump for the mid to center right, moderates on both sides, and independents. Republicans know this as well. 

MAGA is going to play this game that she’s in liberals pockets. Thats going to play well with democrats who want someone other Biden, and non maga republicans are just going to see the same maga bs they are tired of. 

Not saying anything other I think it makes the Republican race a lot more dynamic. 

If we could forget the primary and go straight to a 3 way race with Halley picking Manchin as running mate, I think she would win.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

The race that’s over is dynamic????

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

2nd place used to win you the vice presidency.   John  Adams I think was happy with that, knowing that George Washington was going to win.   After he got the VP-ship, he thought it was the  most useless job in the history of jobs.   He was a doer and there was really nothing for him to do.

mspart

• Fire 1

42 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

alternatively, you could call your opponent a segregationist and then that opponent could win and ask you to be his VP b/c you check all the identity politics boxes. 

This is true and fair, many politicians do what DeSantis did, including Kamala Harris.  It's just way more embarrassing because Trump hurls personal attacks at all of them and their families and their penis sizes (looking at you, Marco Rubio) and THEN they bow down and kiss the ring.  Biden didn't do anything like that to Harris.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

This is true and fair, many politicians do what DeSantis did, including Kamala Harris.  It's just way more embarrassing because Trump hurls personal attacks at all of them and their families and their penis sizes (looking at you, Marco Rubio) and THEN they bow down and kiss the ring.  Biden didn't do anything like that to Harris.

Nah. Harris did it to him. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Nah. Harris did it to him. 

100%.  I think it's a fair criticism of most politicians, including Harris.  I just think it looks worse when you have Trump out hear hurling extremely personal attacks at you, your family, your height, your name, etc., and then you come groveling back to him.  Not that it looks good on the "regular politicians," just that it looks way worse and weaker when it's like this.  That part isn't an indictment of Trump, but on his "opponents."

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

100%.  I think it's a fair criticism of most politicians, including Harris.  I just think it looks worse when you have Trump out hear hurling extremely personal attacks at you, your family, your height, your name, etc., and then you come groveling back to him.  Not that it looks good on the "regular politicians," just that it looks way worse and weaker when it's like this.  That part isn't an indictment of Trump, but on his "opponents."

I think the way Biden has handled people is far worse than politicians ripping each other.  “You’re full of shit” “I don’t work for you jack” and “you ain’t black if you don’t vote for me” are a far worse look than any name calling or crawling back politicians do.  Just my opinion 

• Haha 1