Rutgers.... Ferrari

Idaho

21 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Sorry I don't do twitter/X...does it just say Boom, or is there a reference to AJ?

It's embedded so you should be able to see the tweet regardless.... It just says "BOOM" ...  it could be a big time recruit they got......or it could be trouble. 

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'm hearing the "BOOM" is a PA hs recruit 

Could be - I agree!

We also know that Rutgers is a viable landing ground for Ferrari. 

Bare minimum Goodale recognizes kids who have things happening away from the room that could be a big problem.  

He knows how that can go, and has seen a number of guys enter and exit the program at different times.

Rutgers also is nowhere near as forgiving for wrestlers in terms of behavior as many bigger brand schools.  What flies at OSU or Iowa would absolutely get you thrown out the door at Rutgers.

The program just doesn’t have that kind of leverage within the school.

Edited by wrestle87

6 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

The program just doesn’t have that kind of leverage within the school

What changed from when Rutgers was recruiting the family this summer?  Surely the splits double bird didn't shock Goodale.  They weren't recruiting boy scouts.

I don't think he ends up at Rutgers either but it seems like Goodale was willing to take them.

30 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Bare minimum Goodale recognizes kids who have things happening away from the room that could be a big problem.  

He knows how that can go, and has seen a number of guys enter and exit the program at different times.

Rutgers also is nowhere near as forgiving for wrestlers in terms of behavior as many bigger brand schools.  What flies at OSU or Iowa would absolutely get you thrown out the door at Rutgers.

The program just doesn’t have that kind of leverage within the school.

What's interesting is that there have been a number of Jersey people on Twitter, Facebook on the various  wrestling pages that say they will welcome him and blah blah blah. That it would be good for AJ to be there.... mostly based on Bergren Cahtolic.  I was thinking that if you can't get into Iowa you can't get into Rutgers....but maybe I read the levels of schools wrong. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

Ayden Smith?  Might be small for college

Was he committed to an Ivy League school previously? This is not a rhetorical question, I actually don't know. But idk about him being too small for college. He's a lifetime 125 which is VERY valuable nowadays and he can freaking scrap. I'm really high on him.

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

What changed from when Rutgers was recruiting the family this summer?  Surely the splits double bird didn't shock Goodale.  They weren't recruiting boy scouts.

I don't think he ends up at Rutgers either but it seems like Goodale was willing to take them.

To my eyes, behaving so badly that the brands brothers aren’t able to integrate you into the fold at Iowa.  It’s one thing to have barbs to throw at okie state, bc most of the world who interacts with that program does, but Iowa is another deal entirely.  That school and that community bends over backwards for its athletes in a special way, and the brands wield their influence rather sizably, the only thing that has to happen is you have to put in the work and make the room better.  Perfect example is austin  desanto, kid was a total liability, but he showed he was willing to work on himself, and he absolutely made the room better, so the Iowa collective figured it out.  The elder brothers seem incapable of winning many people over.  

Besides the boos, it was pretty clear from the way the Iowa wrestlers treated them that the two older brothers were pretty solidly persona non-grata in the room as well.  

Being an NCAA champ who is unwelcome in the two most historic programs in wrestling history is a major red flag.

Also, johnny poz is a tremendous kid.  He’s a bit small for 197, but he could AA.  There’s no way goodale burns the programs current golden boy to import room cancer.

• Fire 2

16 minutes ago, Idaho said:

What's interesting is that there have been a number of Jersey people on Twitter, Facebook on the various  wrestling pages that say they will welcome him and blah blah blah. That it would be good for AJ to be there.... mostly based on Bergren Cahtolic.  I was thinking that if you can't get into Iowa you can't get into Rutgers....but maybe I read the levels of schools wrong. 

But but but He went to Bergen Catholic for a month and Coach Dave Bell loves him!  Bell will convince Goody! He loves the family!

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He claims he did get into Iowa. It sounds like getting rostered was his challenge.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge