If the Iowa AD ...

ionel

Just watched Chael on FRL. He took his bad take (and apparently @SetonHallPirate informed him how bad it was) and turned it into a bit.

Rather than say he was wrong he leaned into it hard and made it so absurd (wink, wink, AJ was being attacked and acted in self defense) that he admitted he was wrong.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Something else to think about…

If you’re the Iowa AD and your football team just had a very strong season (the main thing you’re judged on), and you have what will be one of the biggest stories in sports in March with Caitlin Clark, do you really want to risk it with wrestling? 

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

Something else to think about…

If you’re the Iowa AD and the defense and punter on your football team just had a very strong season (the main thing you’re judged on), and you have what will be one of the biggest stories in sports in March with Caitlin Clark, do you really want to risk it with wrestling? 

Fify

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Fire 1

21 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Hope he and others learn from this. Hope it doesn't come back to bite him in a bad way. 

If his goal is to wrestle in college again, which it might not be, this could work against that effort. So, we'll see. 

All he's learned is that he can get rewarded for bad behavior. Since winning the title in 2021 he's been a whirlwind of nonsense, and some of it is intentionally dangerous to others. I wouldn't expect that to suddenly change.

• Fire 1

39 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

All he's learned is that he can get rewarded for bad behavior. Since winning the title in 2021 he's been a whirlwind of nonsense, and some of it is intentionally dangerous to others. I wouldn't expect that to suddenly change.

We'll see

• Fire 1

Does anyone really think the Brands Bros are gonna take a risk with the Ferraris? Maybe someone with more knowledge of their thinking can shed some light here. It just seems like an over-the-top risk, one not worth taking. If the past -- recent and distant -- is a reliable indicator of the future (and it usually is), then there's about a 99% probability that bringing in that family will lead to problems. Big problems. 

9 minutes ago, MJD said:

Does anyone really think the Brands Bros are gonna take a risk with the Ferraris? Maybe someone with more knowledge of their thinking can shed some light here. It just seems like an over-the-top risk, one not worth taking. If the past -- recent and distant -- is a reliable indicator of the future (and it usually is), then there's about a 99% probability that bringing in that family will lead to problems. Big problems. 

I am amazed, really thought the AD would make that phone call by Tues morning and we'd hear a simply announcement from Brands.  The fact we haven't suggests they are still working to get them in for Spring semester/next week.  

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, MJD said:

They already did...

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

I am amazed, really thought the AD would make that phone call by Tues morning and we'd hear a simply announcement from Brands.  The fact we haven't suggests they are still working to get them in for Spring semester/next week.  

It is feeling that way

• Fire 1

This just seems like a no brainer.   Get rid of them.  

If he doesn't, then he needs to lay down the law and stick to it like with DeSanto.   But the fact eveyrone is silent does not bode well for that either.   How do you control people like that?   You don't.   Then you have to kick them off the team or ruin the brand.   And if that happens, both the AD and Brands are out.   Not a gamble I'd take. 

mspart

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ionel said:

who's IQ is higher Ferrari or Brands? 

2 hours ago, mspart said:

This just seems like a no brainer.

Seems like the best answer to me.

i am an idiot on the internet

7 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Doubt AJ could spell IQ.  Brands would at least get it on the 2nd or 3rd try.

What is Eye Cue

"a Macedonian pop-rock duo consisting of vocalists Bojan Trajkovski (born 1983) and Marija Ivanovska (born 1997), formed in 2008."

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted