PSU vs Lehigh

Pinnacle

13 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

The recurring Lehigh flu. (and I'm actually joking, not mean-spirited; but I do remember they sat some guys against Lehigh in the past and we were told "flu.")

https://victorybellrings.com/2021/12/05/penn-state-wrestling-full-results-lehigh/

2021 dual it was

It certainly makes sense to sit guys based on Cael's philosophy and all the stuff coming up for them.

29 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Likely preparing for Nationals to qulaify for the Olympic Trials.

AB already qualifies with his U23 Gold. 

In post match presser Cael said AB and SVN were not out because of senior nationals. 

im thinking SVN and AB were sick or ate too much turkey

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

does he turn him with two legs in? I've wantched that match a dozen times and don't remember that part. Lewis and gibbons are friends fwiw

Not really.   Gibbons was smart enough to avoid them for the most part.  But he did turn others with them both in.  Off the top of my head, Darryl Burley.  I only said that to point out that it is possible and Gibbons should know that.  I guess though it isn't for 99.99% of wrestlers, lol.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if Cael was letting Beard have a moment during a dual at Rec Hall that was never in doubt. 

You're joking right? Cael literally stated why some guys were out. Likely weight related from Thanksgiving. 

He wouldn't throw a bone to an opposing wrestler even if they were former Penn Staters.

26 minutes ago, wrestlingest2010 said:

You're joking right? Cael literally stated why some guys were out. Likely weight related from Thanksgiving. 

He wouldn't throw a bone to an opposing wrestler even if they were former Penn Staters.

No. I'm not joking. 

Coaches say a lot of things, that doesn't make them true or the actual reason for a decision.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Just watched Mesenbrink’s match. That kid is a terror.

PSU kids generally have good motors. But Mesenbrink is going at a rate that most can’t match for a period, let alone the entire match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect him to beat Carr about 6/10 times at this point currently.  Less confident against O'Toole, but would be great to see

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

PSU kids generally have good motors. But Mesenbrink is going at a rate that most can’t match for a period, let alone the entire match.

There is precedent: Nolf, DT, Zain, et. al. 

• Fire 1

There is precedent: Nolf, DT, Zain, et. al. 

In his post match interview for the Ridge Riley award, Starocci called Mesenbrink a “psycho” on the practice mat. He meant it as a compliment. Context: Truax and Mesenbrink as practice partners.

Carter has wrestled all of the above many times.

12 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

Not really.   Gibbons was smart enough to avoid them for the most part.  But he did turn others with them both in.  Off the top of my head, Darryl Burley.  I only said that to point out that it is possible and Gibbons should know that.  I guess though it isn't for 99.99% of wrestlers, lol.

Towards the end of this?

Even that he basically had to wait for Burley to come up, it’s not like he really generated it himself.  Lewis also wasn’t in that position for very long and for much of the rest of his time on top he was out front/to the side, etc 

But yes I’ve also seen Fix turn a couple  guys (not usually NQ-type guys) from it, but most of the time no.

10 hours ago, Le duke said:

His style is a  Nick Lee/Jason Nolf hybrid

I Don't Agree With What I Posted