125 Pat Smith 

133 Vandee over Burwick 5-2ish score

141 Hardy no contest

149 Lovett looked very sharp

157 Probb, looked healthy, great to see! Won 20-1

165 Match of the day Antrell Taylor beats Bubba Wilson in double OT

174 Brown ton over Thebeau

184 Lenny Pinto over van tassel

197 Allred, looking even better than last year.

Heavy weight no match, assuming its pentz job? Not 100 percent sure there.

If Pentz fits in at heavy weight this looks like a top 5 roster that could qualify everyone and have around 7 potential AAs

• Fire 2

18 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Here's some notes from   the Nebraska  wrestleoffs

125 Pat Smith 

133 Vandee over Burwick 5-2ish score

141 Hardy no contest

149 Lovett looked very sharp

157 Probb, looked healthy, great to see! Won 20-1

165 Match of the day Antrell Taylor beats Bubba Wilson in double OT

174 Brown ton over Thebeau

184 Lenny Pinto over van tassel

197 Allred, looking even better than last year.

Heavy weight no match, assuming its pentz job? Not 100 percent sure there.

If Pentz fits in at heavy weight this looks like a top 5 roster that could qualify everyone and have around 7 potential AAs

Good to hear that Robb is looking healthy. Nice to have you back for the season @jajensen09

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

Wow.  I didn’t know Taylor was going to be up at 165.  Any word on who Lovett and Robb beat?  What about the youngsters—anyone impress?

Yes. That match was amazing. Good scrambles. Either has shot to AA. Also might wonder if Bubba Wilson redshirts and someone drops when Robb graduates.  Lovett wrestled a freshman, can't remember who, ridge hit 3 or 4 cradles. I missed Robb first match. His 2nd match he was a beast on top. Hit a couple tilts. Also had a sweet blast double. Standouts for sure were ridge, Allred and Robb. Vandee wrestled a really a solid match against burwick.  Him and Smith will win alot of matches at 125 and 133. Lenny Pinto had a good match with van tassel. Van tassel is a huge kid! But Lenny was able to find a couple take downs and win the match. Brown ton won a close match against Thebeau. I believe it was a 1 take down match. Brown ton will be exciting at 174. A very loaded roster with lots of youth as well!

Taylor will go back down to 157 next year. Basically forced to go up if he wanted a chance to wrestle this year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilson at 174. I think he’s probably a better option. Also, I believe Pentz is no longer with the team. 

Edited by The Reaper

54 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

Taylor will go back down to 157 next year. Basically forced to go up if he wanted a chance to wrestle this year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilson at 174. I think he’s probably a better option. Also, I believe Pentz is no longer with the team. 

Oh?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

7 hours ago, The Reaper said:

I don't think Wilson is big enough for 174. Not sure if he'd beat brown ton. What source says pentz is no longer with the team? He was at practices I know...

9 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

I don't think Wilson is big enough for 174. Not sure if he'd beat brown ton. What source says pentz is no longer with the team? He was at practices I know...

Well, Taylor is going to be a small 165er. I think Wilson gives them more experience and quite frankly, is probably better then Brown-Ton

1 hour ago, The Reaper said:

Well, Taylor is going to be a small 165er. I think Wilson gives them more experience and quite frankly, is probably better then Brown-Ton

I'm not so sure about that. Taylor is a stud. 174 will be interesting.  Weight class will look alot different 

I thought I heard McDaniel and Kael were talking a gab year in Colorado Springs, but I could be wrong on that.

Is Jagger Condomitti still recovering?  He beat Wilson last year at wrestle offs but was talking time off after multiple concussions, I figured he will be in the mix at 165, if healthy.

Good to hear about Robb, guessing if Taylor is going up then he already knows he doesn't have a shot at 157 which speaks to where Robb is at.

Guessing with Penz gone it will be Harley Andrews.

9 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

I thought I heard McDaniel and Kael were talking a gab year in Colorado Springs, but I could be wrong on that.

Is Jagger Condomitti still recovering?  He beat Wilson last year at wrestle offs but was talking time off after multiple concussions, I figured he will be in the mix at 165, if healthy.

Good to hear about Robb, guessing if Taylor is going up then he already knows he doesn't have a shot at 157 which speaks to where Robb is at.

Guessing with Penz gone it will be Harley Andrews.

I believe you are right. Not sure if jagger is cleared yet.  Something doesn't seem right with this pentz deal