Huskers

jajensen09

10 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Bubba might be eligible for a medical. he had a really serious medical situation totally outside of athletics that forced him to go home (kansas) for a semester or two.

vs. Campbell Friday i'm told we might see Dom Thebeau at 74

Yes I remember that! Some serious stuff. Can Lenny make 174? Or jagger eventually bump up?

I am guessing Lenny could of chosen in the off season to go 174 or 184 and stuck with 184 so he must think it gives him the best chance. 

Van Tressel at 184 doesn't score more points at B1Gs or NCAA than Wilson/Jagger (if healthy) at 174 so put Lenny wherever you think he can score the most.   Since he didn't shrink his body in the offseason, I would keep him at 184 and just deal with the hole, best you can. 

• Fire 1

45 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

I am guessing Lenny could of chosen in the off season to go 174 or 184 and stuck with 184 so he must think it gives him the best chance. 

Van Tressel at 184 doesn't score more points at B1Gs or NCAA than Wilson/Jagger (if healthy) at 174 so put Lenny wherever you think he can score the most.   Since he didn't shrink his body in the offseason, I would keep him at 184 and just deal with the hole, best you can. 

Kid is 🔥🔥🔥

17 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Bubba might be eligible for a medical. he had a really serious medical situation totally outside of athletics that forced him to go home (kansas) for a semester or two.

vs. Campbell Friday i'm told we might see Dom Thebeau at 74

Dom Thebeau? Or Adam? Adam is the older bro, and in his 3rd year (I think???). Dom is a true frosh I believe.

On 11/7/2023 at 2:40 PM, MidwestWrest said:

Dom Thebeau? Or Adam? Adam is the older bro, and in his 3rd year (I think???). Dom is a true frosh I believe.

Thebeau looked really impressive. Maybe huskers found an answer at 174. The rest of dual looked very good. Taylor and Vandee are going to be a real threat 👀.  People saying taylor is too small for 165, idk about that.  Lenny wrestled a close match but won at the end, which might be a moral boost for him wrestling an entire match. Good win by the huskers!

Some quick thoughts from the Husker dual. I echo a lot of what @jajensen09said.

Shoutout to @Husker_Du on the call last night.

125--Caleb Smith very methodical, workmanlike performance

133-Van Dee looked terrific, aggressive all match, he didn't give Heil a chance to breathe at all.

141/149/157--Dominating performances against overmatched opponents

165--Taylor looked like he was shot out of a cannon in the first period and he came really close to getting a first round TF. It looked like a landed a bit awkwardly during a scramble in the 2p and was limping a bit. 3p he got a little gassy but credit to Baker who had a few really good shots during the match and made it a little more respectable at the end.

174--Thebeau looked great, wrecked his guy

184--Pinto got an early TD but then Hopkins controlled most of the rest of the match, Pinto struggled to get out from the bottom when Hopkins took him down. That being said, Pinto had a nice burst at the end with a couple attacks to get the TD and the W at the end.

197--Allred good solid performance

HWT--Some early fireworks with Andrews putting Ghadiali on his back for an early 5 point move, after that Ghadiali really took over. Andrews looks like he maybe weighs 220 out there and he's going to get muscled around a lot. I'm guessing the staff has Andrews eating and working out as much as humanly possible. There is good technique there, he's just really undersized.

On to the Navy Classic! GBR!

• Fire 2

On 11/11/2023 at 5:07 AM, jajensen09 said:

Thebeau looked really impressive. Maybe huskers found an answer at 174. The rest of dual looked very good. Taylor and Vandee are going to be a real threat 👀.  People saying taylor is too small for 165, idk about that.  Lenny wrestled a close match but won at the end, which might be a moral boost for him wrestling an entire match. Good win by the huskers!

Which Thebeau? Adam or Dom?

On 11/11/2023 at 7:23 AM, Xmas32 said:

Some quick thoughts from the Husker dual. I echo a lot of what @jajensen09said.

Shoutout to @Husker_Du on the call last night.

125--Caleb Smith very methodical, workmanlike performance

133-Van Dee looked terrific, aggressive all match, he didn't give Heil a chance to breathe at all.

141/149/157--Dominating performances against overmatched opponents

165--Taylor looked like he was shot out of a cannon in the first period and he came really close to getting a first round TF. It looked like a landed a bit awkwardly during a scramble in the 2p and was limping a bit. 3p he got a little gassy but credit to Baker who had a few really good shots during the match and made it a little more respectable at the end.

174--Thebeau looked great, wrecked his guy

184--Pinto got an early TD but then Hopkins controlled most of the rest of the match, Pinto struggled to get out from the bottom when Hopkins took him down. That being said, Pinto had a nice burst at the end with a couple attacks to get the TD and the W at the end.

197--Allred good solid performance

HWT--Some early fireworks with Andrews putting Ghadiali on his back for an early 5 point move, after that Ghadiali really took over. Andrews looks like he maybe weighs 220 out there and he's going to get muscled around a lot. I'm guessing the staff has Andrews eating and working out as much as humanly possible. There is good technique there, he's just really undersized.

On to the Navy Classic! GBR!

Maybe Nash will come wrestle after semster....? 👀 

48 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Yes sir. Maybe why pentz left? Pure speculation

I would love to see it. He was an SD HS wrestling great. I was under the impression that he was in the 320-330 pound range for football so I would highly doubt it will happen.

50 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Yes sir. Maybe why pentz left? Pure speculation

Just now, Gus said:

I would love to see it. He was an SD HS wrestling great. I was under the impression that he was in the 320-330 pound range for football so I would highly doubt it will happen.

Here is an excerpt from Nebraska's website on Nash. Read here: https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/season/2023/player/nash-hutmacher

"2023 (Junior)
Nash Hutmacher has started every game this season and has set career highs with 33 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 4.0 sacks. Entering the Wisconsin game, Hutmacher is tied for the team lead in TFLs and ranks second in sacks.

Hutmacher totaled tackles at Minnesota, including an eight-yard sack. Against Northern Illinois, Hutmacher recorded six tackles and 2.5 tackles for loss, which included a half sack. He made two tackles against Louisiana Tech. Hutmacher had three tackles and a quarterback hurry against Michigan. He recorded four tackles at Illinois. Hutmacher was a disruptive force against Northwestern, setting career highs with seven tackles, 2.5 TFLs and 2.5 sacks. Hutmacher recorded three tackles at Michigan State, including a half TFL. He had four tackles against Maryland with a two-yard tackle for loss.

Hutmacher is wearing the No. 0 this season, as he was one of 10 Huskers to earn a single-digit number in a team vote selecting him as one of Nebraska's "toughest" players."

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Gus said:

I wouldn't doubt that.  Also with his progress this year,  i wouldn't be surprised to see him get drafted. Nebraska does have a great heavyweight just not on the wrestling team lol

• Fire 2