Huskers

jajensen09

5 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

That’s why I think you’ll see Wilson at 174. I would bet it happens no later than the CKLV tournament, maybe sooner

Man, I thought you were completely wrong about this but after seeing that. Maybe. Idk if Bubba is big enough though.  He was smaller than alot of 165 pounders.

21 minutes ago, Huskersforthewin said:

Where do we think Taylor would rank at 165 with him bumping and up and the same with Wilson at 174 if he would?

I think Taylor is talented enough to slot in at the 8-12 range. I do think bubba would struggle at 174 but may be a better option than Brown Ton. 

51 minutes ago, Gus said:

I think Taylor is talented enough to slot in at the 8-12 range. I do think bubba would struggle at 174 but may be a better option than Brown Ton. 

Agreed.  Wilson at 174 might be better for the team but it may not be what's best for Bubba. He has a redshirt available I believe. Also don't forget Bubba lost wrestleoffs last year and ended up back in the lineup.  Also is there any word on jagger comiditi?

22 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

Agreed.  Wilson at 174 might be better for the team but it may not be what's best for Bubba. He has a redshirt available I believe. Also don't forget Bubba lost wrestleoffs last year and ended up back in the lineup.  Also is there any word on jagger comiditi?

According to the Husker's website Bubba used his redshirt in 19-20 season.  He may not do much at B1Gs or NCAAs but if he wants to start, I think he should bump up.  

Who knows, he has a decent gas tank, maybe if he bulks up, doesn't cut, he might be able have a similar season to last year.

Regardless, 174 and HWT will be holes for the Huskers. 

1 hour ago, Dogbone said:

According to the Husker's website Bubba used his redshirt in 19-20 season.  He may not do much at B1Gs or NCAAs but if he wants to start, I think he should bump up.  

Who knows, he has a decent gas tank, maybe if he bulks up, doesn't cut, he might be able have a similar season to last year.

Regardless, 174 and HWT will be holes for the Huskers. 

The most up to date nebraska roster has Bubba not having a redshirt year. He may have had his redshirt pulled that year. I think a redshirt for Bubba might be beneficial that way he gets extra years at the proper weight. Don't forget jagger Condomitti.  Maybe he could bump up to 174.  

18 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

The most up to date nebraska roster has Bubba not having a redshirt year. He may have had his redshirt pulled that year. I think a redshirt for Bubba might be beneficial that way he gets extra years at the proper weight. Don't forget jagger Condomitti.  Maybe he could bump up to 174.  

Bubba redshirted in 2019-2020, free covid year 2020-2021, redshirt freshman year 2021-2022, sophomore year 2022-2023, junior year 2023-2024, senior year 2024-2025

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Gus said:

Bubba redshirted in 2019-2020, free covid year 2020-2021, redshirt freshman year 2021-2022, sophomore year 2022-2023, junior year 2023-2024, senior year 2024-2025

Wondering why husker website doesn't have that? They are pretty up to date with redshirt labels. He may have gotten a medical 1 year with his head injuries 

36 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Wondering why husker website doesn't have that? They are pretty up to date with redshirt labels. He may have gotten a medical 1 year with his head injuries 

Because at the end of the day for him to come back in 24-25 he would have to go to school.  Not everyone is using that 'free' year... because it isn't actually free.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

The 24-25 season will be Wilson's 6th year as he is only a Jr this year (with the covid free year).   No idea if he will take it. 

I think the confusion is because the website doesn't list him as a "redshirt junior" like it does with Ridge.   Not sure why they are inconsistent but if you click on the bios the website does a really good job of laying out each year, including how @Gus laid it out for Wilson.

Edited by Dogbone

1 hour ago, Dogbone said:

The 24-25 season will be Wilson's 6th year as he is only a Jr this year (with the covid free year).   No idea if he will take it. 

I think the confusion is because the website doesn't list him as a "redshirt junior" like it does with Ridge.   Not sure why they are inconsistent but if you click on the bios the website does a really good job of laying out each year, including how @Gus laid it out for Wilson.

Thank you. So are we saying no matter what after this year he only has 1 year left?

48 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Thank you. So are we saying no matter what after this year he only has 1 year left?

Potentially one year.

That doesn't mean he uses it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me