Trump's 8 Arguments

Trump's legal team filed new arguments last night in the Washington federal election obstruction case.

1. Presidential Immunity - conduct fell within "outer perimeter" of presidential duties.
  2. Selective Prosecution - politically motivated selective and vindictive.
  3. First Amendment - attempt to criminalize core political speech and advocacy
  4. Impeachment Acquittal - case violates separation of powers and double jeopardy.
  5. Due Process - could not be on notice that his conduct was potentially criminal because people challenge election results all the time.
  6. Invalid Conspiracy - defining what he did as deceit or trickery would criminalize vast swaths of citizenry.
  7. Obstruction Law -urging government officials to take certain actions didn't obstruct or impede their duties.
  8. Civil Rights - exercising his own right to contest does not violate others' rights.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

And here I thought that Inmate #PO1135809's ROCK SOLID claim during his "presidency" of " presidential" harassment, which Inmate # PO1135809 said should give him another four years in office,  would be his primary defense. 

Couldn't argue against that sound argument!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Trump's legal team filed new arguments last night in the Washington federal election obstruction case.

1. Presidential Immunity - conduct fell within "outer perimeter" of presidential duties.
  2. Selective Prosecution - politically motivated selective and vindictive.
  3. First Amendment - attempt to criminalize core political speech and advocacy
  4. Impeachment Acquittal - case violates separation of powers and double jeopardy.
  5. Due Process - could not be on notice that his conduct was potentially criminal because people challenge election results all the time.
  6. Invalid Conspiracy - defining what he did as deceit or trickery would criminalize vast swaths of citizenry.
  7. Obstruction Law -urging government officials to take certain actions didn't obstruct or impede their duties.
  8. Civil Rights - exercising his own right to contest does not violate others' rights.

Lawyers lawyering ... there being paid well, correct?  💰 

30 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

His former lawyers would be a great resource for that question.  

Wait, they’re in prison, or under indictment, or in a lawsuit against him, or…..damn. 

But his lawyers will be allowed a phone call, correct?

11 hours ago, mspart said:

This ^

mspart

Don't forget that Trump was the president who decided to assassinate an Iranian top military commander, although being advised against it by basically everyone in the US intelligence and political community due to potential increased instability in the region.

If you think what's been happening since then isn't linked to that specific move... maybe think again.

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Don't forget that Trump was the president who decided to assassinate an Iranian top military commander, although being advised against it by basically everyone in the US intelligence and political community due to potential increased instability in the region.

If you think what's been happening since then isn't linked to that specific move... maybe think again.

And wasn't Obama the President who decided to assassinate a US citizen, what's your point? 

• Fire 1

41 minutes ago, ionel said:

And wasn't Obama the President who decided to assassinate a US citizen, what's your point? 

Whataboutism doesn't offer solutions. Just kicking the can down the road. Making people more tribal. 

The situation in south west asia is a similar situation. Both responsible for violence that shouldn't be tolerated let alone carried out. But still happened. How to fix/prevent it, for next time? ... and go!

14 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

What's my point?

Read my last post... the point is crystal clear. Trump invited more conflict with Iran.

And what did Iran do while he was president?   What has Iran done while Biden has been president?

mspart

I didn't remember that so googled it and found that Iran responded with a futile missile attack on Iraqi/US positions that caused no harm to US servicemen.   Was there more than this?  You said multiple times.   It seems that there was no war with Iran that I recall so tensions did not apparently escalate. 

mspart

35 minutes ago, mspart said:

I didn't remember that so googled it and found that Iran responded with a futile missile attack on Iraqi/US positions that caused no harm to US servicemen.   Was there more than this?  You said multiple times.   It seems that there was no war with Iran that I recall so tensions did not apparently escalate. 

mspart

No one was killed in the attacks on two military bases with about 20 ballistic missiles but it resulted in over 100 injuries and about 60 Purple Hearts.  Not exactly futile and it is the only time the USA has ever been attacked with ballistic missiles.  They also shot down a drone in the Persian gulf resulting in some brash threats of escalation from Trump and many rocket attacks occurred (and continue to occur) from Iranian proxies.  You can decide whether that is closer to conflict or not, but there were certainly times when tensions were higher under Trump.   Pretty sure I know where your narrative will take you.