Aaron Nagao injured?

Jimmy Cinnabon

19 minutes ago, Pish said:

I like your optimism. That being said..

If Messenbrink and Nagao wrestle, I see it 8-2 or 9-1 PSU. Could be shut out if BB takes out Woods (Cass beat Kerk first few times as well)

if no Nagao or Messenbrink it’s still 6-4 PSU (that’s giving Iowa tossup up at 125, 133,141 and 165)  

At tournament it won’t be close

I dont see iowa winning, but at the same times facts are facts. Kerk beat cass because he filled into the weight finally and is just plain and simply better. 

Not the case for bartlett

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Lol at saying Bartlett benefitted from Hardy getting hurt and not acknowledging that Franek only beat Robb in SV when the dude had a life threatening infection…

He did or else hardy would more than likely have beaten him again? Did that infection not exist when levi beat him in the tourney?

Levi also was almost pinned the round before and benefitted from andonian having zero stamina after recovering from injury. The true number 2 in this weight was more than likely Humphries 

6 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Geezus this thread. Most of you are just arguing semantics about what constitutes a toss up, other than the good doctors in the thread diagnosing the amount of effect an infection was having at different points of a 12 hour period. 

I agree some of it is semantics about how people are defining tossup.

But while it may have still impacted Robb in the match vs Haines, he is on record as stating he “didn’t think much of it” on Friday, but it was much worse on Saturday, and after the match with Franek he vomited and was “shaking uncontrollably.”

https://ohsmagnet.com/35827/uncategorized/from-the-championship-mat-to-the-hospital-bed/

On 10/8/2023 at 11:24 AM, Le duke said:

Pardon me for being less than impressed with the development Iowa has done at the middle weights or their bumper crop of practice partners at the HWC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alirez beat Woods in the finals this year.  Gorgeous 6 pointer.  

However, Alirez went out of his way to tell Justin Basch that he knew beating Woods was going to be a daunting task, because Woods had beaten him the year before and had 'gotten a lot better.'

Alirez flipped the results, but I think he really believed that statement.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:36 PM, 1032004 said:

If you’re calling 157 and 165 tossups, then so is 141.

This doesn't make any sense because we literally saw the 141 lb. match happen, and Bartlett never approached scoring an offensive point.  We have not seen either Franek-Haines or even seen Messenbrink wrestle a ranked D1 opponent in Folkstyle.

Alirez beat Woods in the finals this year.  Gorgeous 6 pointer.  
However, Alirez went out of his way to tell Justin Basch that he knew beating Woods was going to be a daunting task, because Woods had beaten him the year before and had 'gotten a lot better.'
Alirez flipped the results, but I think he really believed that statement.

Given that my post was about 157 and 165lb wrestlers (“middleweights”), I’m not sure why you are quoting me and responding with statements about people who wrestle in the 141lb weight class.

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Given that my post was about 157 and 165lb wrestlers (“middleweights”), I’m not sure why you are quoting me and responding with statements about people who wrestle in the 141lb weight class.

... and you were responding to a post that mentioned 141.

Is your Vo2 Max up to 85 yet?  You might want to divert some oxygen to your brain.

... and you were responding to a post that mentioned 141.
Is your Vo2 Max up to 85 yet?  You might want to divert some oxygen to your brain.

And I specifically derided Iowa’s middleweight development when I quoted him.

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

And I specifically derided Iowa’s middleweight development when I quoted him.

You were literally responding to a post that talked about improvement of Iowa's transfers.  I used Woods as an example of a transfer that has improved.

The post also did mention Woods, you chose to ignore him.

You were literally responding to a post that talked about improvement of Iowa's transfers.  I used Woods as an example of a transfer that has improved.
The post also did mention Woods, you chose to ignore him.

Yes. I chose to ignore Woods. You have arrived at my point: Iowa tends to have better lower weights than Penn State and that’s about it.

Congratulations!

15 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I don't know that I agree with this statement. He had a single SV loss to in his opening match to Pletcher his frosh year and would have been the #1 or #2 seed (I can't remember if Lugo or Pletcher won the B1g finals but that was your 1 and 3 seeds). 2021 you may recall that Stanford was cutting the program so he overloaded his academic schedule to graduate from Stanford in 3 years in order to transfer somewhere to wrestle the following year and he quite literally stepped on to the mat to still make R12, and if anything he "regressed" in 2022 finishing "only" 6th place with a return to normalcy 2023 at Iowa.

Did Woods improve as much as the next person with 5 years under their belt? Absolutely. But I don't feel like he took any special leap at Iowa because of Iowa last year. NCAA finalist has always been the expectation for Woods.

i am an idiot on the internet

51 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

So what's the consensus?  Iowa wins by a lot or Iowa wins by a little?

I think Iowa gets 3 wins. 141 and then two out of 125/133/157/165/HWT. 

is starocci going to wrestle for sure? If he doesn’t wrestle does Facundo go 174? I feel like Facundo was pretty long and lean and 165. I wonder if the pull to 165 was difficult and he would make a jump in results going up a weight. He’s surely talented and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him in the mix at 174 if CStarr was gone.