Nelson Brands tweets details on why his NCAA career is over

Jimmy Cinnabon

5 hours ago, RicoSwaff said:

Politics are pretty easy to avoid these days! Bye-golly-gee-youuuuu-betcha!!! 

if I had a dime for every political dispute I’ve had to babysit in the past 2 weeks on my own thing’s comment section, then I would probably have $100…. Which is nowhere near where I have to be in order to pay the electric bill this month! 

COME ON PEOPLE!!! PICK IT UP! THERE AREN’T ENOUGH POLITICAL DEBATES TAKING PLACE IN WRESTLING THREADS THESE DAYS! SLACKERS!!! 🦍 

But you could easily 4x+ your $s with simple bet with JC &/or Ban.  😉

27 minutes ago, ionel said:

COME ON PEOPLE!!! PICK IT UP! THERE AREN’T ENOUGH POLITICAL DEBATES TAKING PLACE IN WRESTLING THREADS THESE DAYS! SLACKERS!!! 🦍 

I think we need more wrestling debates in political threads.  That is where we are really slacking.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Wrestling politicians:  Who wins among the following famous politicians in history who wrestled:  Jim Jordan, Abraham Lincoln, Donald Rumsfeld?

Any other prominent politicians who had a wrestling background we should throw into the mix?

Rumsfeld- no chance.  Did Jordan ever chop wood carry water?  Definitely Lincoln.

• Fire 1

The "Lincoln as a rassler" is probably the most incorrectly overstated thing I've ever come upon that continues to get perpetuated. 

It was a one-time, drunken deal that took place behind a woodshed.  

For that matter,  everyone's a rassler then. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

12 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Wrestling politicians:  Who wins among the following famous politicians in history who wrestled:  Jim Jordan, Abraham Lincoln, Donald Rumsfeld?

Any other prominent politicians who had a wrestling background we should throw into the mix?

Lincoln, Rumsfeld, and Dennis Hastert were all wrestlers, and all three served in the US House of Representatives for Illinois. According to his wikipedia page, Hastert is the highest ranking elected official in U.S. history to serve a prison sentence.

2 minutes ago, PencilNeck said:

Hastert is the highest ranking elected official in U.S. history to serve a prison sentence.

Insert Inspector Clouseau voice now..."he won't be any more."

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, PencilNeck said:

Lincoln, Rumsfeld, and Dennis Hastert were all wrestlers, and all three served in the US House of Representatives for Illinois. According to his wikipedia page, Hastert is the highest ranking elected official in U.S. history to serve a prison sentence.

There's a guy looking to challenge Hastert.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

The "Lincoln as a rassler" is probably the most incorrectly overstated thing I've ever come upon that continues to get perpetuated. 

By that definition, I am.

1 hour ago, PencilNeck said:

He was speaker, so only vp and president above him?  Menendez can't break this record?

5 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

I think we need more wrestling debates in political threads.  That is where we are really slacking.

THERE WE GO!!! Haha that’s it!!! That’s the solution!!! I need to rally the troops and we all need to invade every political forum in existence with wrestling talk!!!

haha awesome post!

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Won't happen.  Secret service agents going to be incarcerated with him?

We shall see how it all plays out.

Either way,  a criminal indicted 91 times on Federal crimes is going to pay for his crimes. 

4 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Insert Inspector Clouseau voice now..."he won't be any more."

Holy moly you are still around?! You’ve been around for decades now! Iowa Preps or DMregister forums or something Way back when. I swear I remember you from way back to when I was posting as a high schooler! Glad to see you are still kickin it!

Just now, RicoSwaff said:

Holy moly you are still around?! You’ve been around for decades now! Iowa Preps or DMregister forums or something Way back when. I swear I remember you from way back to when I was posting as a high schooler! Glad to see you are still kickin it!

Yes,  it's been a long journey,  but hang around here long enough and the puppets will have you turned against me. 

3 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Yes,  it's been a long journey,  but hang around here long enough and the puppets will have you turned against me. 

Meh, takes a lot for me to actively dislike someone…. Maybe if you said you didn’t like ice cream I’d start to lean that way because I know that anyone who doesn’t like ice cream is someone that I will likely disagree with about everything!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

According to the Olympic website Lincoln amassed over 300 victories in 12 years. 

https://olympics.com/en/news/abraham-lincoln-usa-president-wrestling-champion

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Gus said:

According to the Olympic website Lincoln amassed over 300 victories in 12 years. 

Lincoln "Failures" List

Lost job in 1832.
Defeated for state legislature in 1832.
Failed in business in 1833.
Elected to state legislature in 1834.
Sweetheart died in 1835.
Had nervous breakdown in 1836.
Defeated for Speaker in 1838.
Defeated for nomination for Congress in 1843.
Elected to Congress in 1846.
Lost renomination in 1848.
Rejected for land officer in 1849.
Defeated for U.S. Senate in 1854.
Defeated for nomination for Vice President in 1856.
Again defeated for U.S. Senate in 1858.
Elected President in 1860.

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Psst.  Don't tell Ban.  He does not accept authorities (he might call them authoritarians) such as the National Wrestling Hall of Fame and the official Olympics website as sufficiently informed to be cited on the topic.  Nevermind the contemporaneous accounts of eyewitnesses.  Those people had lying eyes.   Lincoln was not declared by Altemeyer to be a wrestler and if Altemeyer did not say it then it is not true.  

• Fire 1