2017-2018: Redshirted 

2018-2019: Competed

2019-2020: Olympic Redshirt

2020-2021: Covid 

2021-2022: Competed

2022-2023: Competed

2023-2024: Olympic redshirt

2024-2025: Competition/graduate from undergrad

The last two entries were someone else's suggestion as to what Vito would do.  I don't think he will do that.  I have no inside information as to Vito's plans.  In his post WC interview, he said wrestling is everything to him, so there's that.

21 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

The last two entries were someone else's suggestion as to what Vito would do.  I don't think he will do that.  I have no inside information as to Vito's plans.  In his post WC interview, he said wrestling is everything to him, so there's that.

Interesting. Maybe he will do the Kyle Snyder partial folkstyle season approach? A full folk season is a terrible idea, but nothing wrong with using the conference tournament/NCAAs as part of his training.  Seems more logical than being 26 years old post olympics and taking classes in year 8 on a college campus.  

19 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

Interesting. Maybe he will do the Kyle Snyder partial folkstyle season approach? A full folk season is a terrible idea, but nothing wrong with using the conference tournament/NCAAs as part of his training.  Seems more logical than being 26 years old post olympics and taking classes in year 8 on a college campus.  

It is still not clear to me that he is interested in dropping to 57kg for the Olympics; maybe he will.  As for a full folk season being a terrible idea:  the full folk season he just had seemed to work out okay for him this year, amirite?

• Fire 1

Kyle Dake just got done with his daily functional pattern movements in his Belgrade Hostel room of red light bulbs and organic fish matter.

He is now in a deep trance, sleeping naked upside down, hanging from copper leg shackles that are wired into the heart of mother Earth.

The New Dawn will not be kind to Sidakov

• Fire 7

38 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

It is still not clear to me that he is interested in dropping to 57kg for the Olympics; maybe he will.  As for a full folk season being a terrible idea:  the full folk season he just had seemed to work out okay for him this year, amirite?

Olympics are a different level compared to non olympics weight WC.  He looks like the best for 57 kg that the U.S. has-it would not be a great idea to risk getting hurt and go through all the weight cutting/travel of a full folkstyle season.  Why don't Dake, Taylor, Snyder, etc wrestle a full season of duals prior to the olympics?

1 minute ago, billyhoyle said:

Olympics are a different level compared to non olympics weight WC.  He looks like the best for 57 kg that the U.S. has-it would not be a great idea to risk getting hurt and go through all the weight cutting/travel of a full folkstyle season.  Why don't Dake, Taylor, Snyder, etc wrestle a full season of duals prior to the olympics?

No one cutting or gaining is “the best.” The six weight handicap brutalizes the globe. 10 weights, 10ish pounds as in years past (until the good weights)

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, bnwtwg said:

No one cutting or gaining is “the best.” The six weight handicap brutalizes the globe. 10 weights, 10ish pounds as in years past (until the good weights)

John Smith and his records aint shit if there are only 6 weights fight me

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

John Smith and his records aint shit if there are only 6 weights fight me

I was going take you out behind the woodshed but he was a definite tweener.  Would have been tough to go down and beat Beloglozov, especially with modern weigh-ins.  Would have been an even taller order to go up and beat Fadzayev.

Nick Lee should be coming up next on Mat C...

Apparently, that's not happening. (UWW wrestling site shows that is was. The next match is whats happening now/Canada's McNeil &  Ukrain's Arushanian.)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

is there another place to view upcoming matches?

i know @nhs67 has included some screenshots that looked like a diff screen than the "upcoming bouts" tab which is blank atm

I was using the UWW site:

https://arena.uww.org/sport-event/show/1ee3cbae-f1ff-6c1c-96f1-d54d04edeeec/live

But as I mentioned earlier, that seemed to blow up, match order/ location wise.

I'm at a loss for other suggestions.

D3

• Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.