Twitter is better

jross

6 minutes ago, headshuck said:

“South Carolina State Treasurer Curtis Loftis says his state has removed the Walt Disney Company from its investment portfolios due to their recent hard-left activism. “I don’t think it’s right that billionaires should be able to use their global resources to try to take a free speech platform away from working-class and middle-class people,” says Loftis. “

https://justthenews.com/videos/curtis-loftis-says-south-carolina-barred-disney-investment-list-over-hard-left-wing-activism

So.....Disney should not be allowed to choose how they invest their money, but South Carolina should?  Is that the State of South Carolina's position?

1 minute ago, jross said:

Eh Wha? ^^^

The people criticize Disney for their reasoning on how they spend their money.  

Is SC also divesting from the analysis that Disney's stock will decrease?

If Disney is like Harvard, the sentiment is...

Its Over Losing Money GIF by BoDoggos

That is not what he said, it is political.  If he is doing the same for all the companies demanding better from x, he is doing a big disservice to the people of South Carolina.

7 minutes ago, jross said:

Eh Wha? ^^^

The people criticize Disney for their reasoning on how they spend their money.  

Is SC also divesting from the analysis that Disney's stock will decrease?

If Disney is like Harvard, the sentiment is...

Its Over Losing Money GIF by BoDoggos

No.  My point is not that South Carolina shouldn't be allowed to divest themselves, it's that they're doing the same thing they're criticizing Disney for doing.  Much like I think it's fine for Disney to choose to spend their money elsewhere, it's fine for SC to choose to spend their money elsewhere (though I would bet it's not so universally a popular position as the official mentioned thinks it is).  I just find it hilarious that he's criticizing Disney for pulling it's money from Twitter (for Twitter doing something they didn't want to be associated with) and doing so by pulling his money away from a company for that company doing something he doesn't want to be associated with.

Disney can say what it wants, it can spend how it wants.  Like consequences for what is said, there are consequences for why Disney pulled advertisements from X.

SC can spend how it wants.  Others can react to why SC was divested in Disney by picking a different treasurer.  I salute SC's reasoning... but I suspect there is more to the story.

I own 210 shares of Disney stock and still pay for the Disney streaming service.  The only reason I haven't divested yet is because I may further paper profit when they pull their head from ass.  

Disney can support freedom of speech AND support ESG without angering their consumers.  "Princess and the Frog" is great.  Is Disney so stupid as to self-sabotage making "Not Snow White and The Not 7 Dwarves?"  Or are activists forcing the race bending?

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, headshuck said:

“South Carolina State Treasurer Curtis Loftis says his state has removed the Walt Disney Company from its investment portfolios due to their recent hard-left activism. “I don’t think it’s right that billionaires should be able to use their global resources to try to take a free speech platform away from working-class and middle-class people,” says Loftis. “

https://justthenews.com/videos/curtis-loftis-says-south-carolina-barred-disney-investment-list-over-hard-left-wing-activism

That is one of the most hilariously uninformed quotes you have ever posted. 

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

12 minutes ago, jross said:

Who are the gang of billionaires? 

He used pronouns instead of names because the only billionaire involved is Elon Musk. You could take every sentence he said and substitute Elon Musk in for every pronoun and it would make as much, or more sense.

28 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The State of South Carolina divesting of Disney stock hurts Disney in no way. That is some chill fire.

You made me actually laugh out loud. I just watched the quick video. The chill fire is hilarious 😆

You've dug deeper than me on the issue that's for sure.

2 hours ago, headshuck said:

Ouch. Disney stock was nearly $200 per share in 2021. Might be a good buy at $90.

$130 is reasonable price target if one assumes the share price returns to pre-covid due to profits from streaming and pent up travel demand.  EPS was $3.53 in March 2019 which boosted the price from $110 to $130.  EPS was -.39 to +.02 when the streaming subscriber count increased and stock price soared to $200 in 2021.  This is when everyone had free cash and was day trading.  EPS was -0.25 in August 2023 and +0.14 in Nov 2023 with the price $78 to $92.  Disney has lost $11 billion on streaming since 2019 and lost subscribers recently before the X drama partly due to content and cost.

Pre-Covid, Disney EPS was last down to +0.15 in 2003 with a share price of $20.  The share holder equity is about 3x higher since 2009.... 

My avg is < $90 and I would have bought 10x more shares in the $60s.  DIS will mint gold again when they get out of their own way.  I'm slightly bearish in 2024 on Disney and would sell if it was at $110.  Am not holding too much to worry about much range... and holding long term is fine if needed.

26 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He is not talking about Disney stock. He is talking about Disney bonds.

Yes.  $105 million dollars of Disney debt instruments will mature as scheduled and will not be replaced.  (likely bonds)

Bad leadership isn't good for the stock either... which South Carolina State Treasurer Curtis Loftis signaled by saying the market cap is half what it was.

21 minutes ago, jross said:

Yes.  $105 million dollars of Disney debt instruments will mature as scheduled and will not be replaced.  (likely bonds)

Bad leadership isn't good for the stock either... which South Carolina State Treasurer Curtis Loftis signaled by saying the market cap is half what it was.

Hs says a lot of things. Like "I don't like to get politocal, but..." That but is the signal that the second half of the sentence will expose the lie of the first half of the sentence.

And what is someone who doesn't want to get political doing on TV like a...oh, what is the word?....oh, right....like a politician?

How is this for Elon Musk news?

SpaceX holds periodic tenders to provide liquidity for its employees and early investors (SpaceX being private means they cannot sell any time they please).

The last tender valued SpaceX at $150 billion. The next tender is said to value it at $175 billion, on par with T Mobile, Nike, or China Mobile.

19 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How is this for Elon Musk news?

SpaceX holds periodic tenders to provide liquidity for its employees and early investors (SpaceX being private means they cannot sell any time they please).

The last tender valued SpaceX at $150 billion. The next tender is said to value it at $175 billion, on par with T Mobile, Nike, or China Mobile.

Oldest son works for Nike, his gf works for SpaceX (both Engs), should I be upping my Christmas present ask?  🙂

• Fire 2