Original TheMat.com forums

Tigerfan

46 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

No, sir! Talk about a biased pool!

Here's how betting works.  Both parties clarify to each other exactly what they are betting on,  both agree,  then seal it with a handshake.  None of which happened with us. 

You changed the conditions and claimed "victory," but I never agreed to the conditions.  Why would I have?! I only engage people in sucker bets, and why would I have EVER agreed to a bet that I'd clearly lose?

B.S.!

By biased... you mean they would side with me. I get it, you lost. We'll do a trial by YOUR peers.

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, BobDole said:

By biased... you mean they would side with me. I get it, you lost. We'll do a trial by YOUR peers.

Because I curiously have so many enemies on here from 20 years ago and they all reinforce each others' confirmation biases. No one could be honest about it. 

If people were informed as to how betting works, no honest person could look at that and agree that we had fully agreed upon the terms of the bet.  Neither of us did. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 minute ago, Ban Basketball said:

Because I curiously have so many enemies on here from 20 years ago and they all reinforce each others' confirmation biases. No one could be honest about it. 

If people were informed as to how betting works, no honest person could look at that and agree that we had fully agreed upon the terms of the bet.  Neither of us did. 

So everyone here that doesn't align with you is not honest? Wow, throwing daggers today. 

Amazing how someone so loving and charismatic can have enemies.

17 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

It ain't a stereotype if it is real.

It is a stereotype BECAUSE it is real.  No one makes up a stereotype just for fun.  Stereotypes are the generalizing of a trait or trend from anecdotal experience to a general population and then back down again to a different sample within the original population from whence the anecdotal experience came.  Hence, our Messiah Barack Obama in describing his grandmother as a Typical White Woman.  He would have described her as a Karen had the term been invented yet.  He used the term as a shorthand because to have listed each of her individual characteristics, beliefs, hopes, behaviors, etc would have taken waaayyyy too long.  Therefore he availed himself of a valid stereotype to advance the narrative to the actual point he wanted to make about his childhood.

3 hours ago, BobDole said:

So everyone here that doesn't align with you is not honest? Wow, throwing daggers today. 

Amazing how someone so loving and charismatic can have enemies.

***duck duck goose** you,  asshole.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 hours ago, ionel said:

We've herein discovered the loophole for the Iowa athletes.  If they never shook hands then there was no bet no gambling so they should be forthwith reinstated immediately!  Someone contact the state's AG office.  🙄

***duck duck goose** goofball stalker.

Do you get notifications on your phone when I post,  goofball?

2 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

It is a stereotype BECAUSE it is real.  No one makes up a stereotype just for fun.  Stereotypes are the generalizing of a trait or trend from anecdotal experience to a general population and then back down again to a different sample within the original population from whence the anecdotal experience came.  Hence, our Messiah Barack Obama in describing his grandmother as a Typical White Woman.  He would have described her as a Karen had the term been invented yet.  He used the term as a shorthand because to have listed each of her individual characteristics, beliefs, hopes, behaviors, etc would have taken waaayyyy too long.  Therefore he availed himself of a valid stereotype to advance the narrative to the actual point he wanted to make about his childhood.

As we teach on my bidness, are stereotypes real? Yes.  Do they apply to everyone in that category? No.

Stop trying to pass off your white power fascism to stupid people,  while cloaking it in,  "well, these is just facts,  underlings."

Edited by Ban Basketball

14 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

white power fascism

Umm, I'm mixed.  But this is a good start to the standard response to a disagreement.  Your ad hominen insult list, however, is a bit lacking.  Good start with racist and fascist.  However, don't forget the rest of the insults:  deplorable, bitter klinger, homophobe, islamophobe, misogynist, male chauvinist pig, xenophobe, sexist, meat eater, American, carbon lover, misgenderer.  

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Umm, I'm mixed.  But this is a good start to the standard response to a disagreement.  Your ad hominen insult list, however, is a bit lacking.  Good start with racist and fascist.  However, don't forget the rest of the insults:  deplorable, bitter klinger, homophobe, islamophobe, misogynist, male chauvinist pig, xenophobe, sexist, meat eater, American, carbon lover, misgenderer.  

Toxic masculinity, creationist, patriot

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Lipdrag said:

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Toxic masculinity, creationist, patriot

Uh, hold on... lemme get someone else involved w/ this abuse-train.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1NZMpC1RAzbj9Tlp47B9

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

Deplorable. Ah, yes, that term so completely misinterpreted by three 30 percenters that I use it as classroom material to illustrate how critical thinking lacks. 

3 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Deplorable. Ah, yes, that term so completely misinterpreted by three 30 percenters that I use it as classroom material to illustrate how critical thinking lacks. 

Where are you teaching where it is permissable to allow your personal political views into your curriculum and instruction? 

44 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Where are you teaching where it is permissable to allow your personal political views into your curriculum and instruction? 

Glad that you asked! 

The reason why authoritarian cancel culture practioners are canceling eggakashun culture today is because of the very myths and dangerous,  deliberate misinformation that you get fed every day, all day long, purely to keep you engaged. 

Here's a little tidbit that these authoritarian spokespersons don't know,  nor do they investigate:  edurtators are prohibited from advocating for any politician or party.  We can CERTAINLY inform students of political facts, and,  in fact,  an eggakated populace SHOULD be informed of such facts,  which I absolutely do.  It's called being a good eggakator, leading to an informed public. 

Not once in 28 years have I told anyone who I vote for,  which party I may align with,  or who they should vote for.  However,  do I tell them the who,  what,  why,  when,  where, and how of politics? Heck,  yes,  my friend.  It's called eggakashun and I'm pretty good at it. 

6 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Glad that you asked! 

The reason why authoritarian cancel culture practioners are canceling eggakashun culture today is because of the very myths and dangerous,  deliberate misinformation that you get fed every day, all day long, purely to keep you engaged. 

Here's a little tidbit that these authoritarian spokespersons don't know,  nor do they investigate:  edurtators are prohibited from advocating for any politician or party.  We can CERTAINLY inform students of political facts, and,  in fact,  an eggakated populace SHOULD be informed of such facts,  which I absolutely do.  It's called being a good eggakator, leading to an informed public. 

Not once in 28 years have I told anyone who I vote for,  which party I may align with,  or who they should vote for.  However,  do I tell them the who,  what,  why,  when,  where, and how of politics? Heck,  yes,  my friend.  It's called eggakashun and I'm pretty good at it. 

So, you are sneaky about the ways that you tell them who you would like them to vote for? Gotcha!

46 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

So, you are sneaky about the ways that you tell them who you would like them to vote for? Gotcha!

Thanks for proving my entire response to you earlier.  A perfect example for me to use in classes!

Thanks for the material!