Republican or not?

jross

14 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

All of that was in spite of anything substantive that he did to make that happen. 

The Black unemployment rate is even lower now,  and,  again,  Biden did nothing to make that happen. 

Politicians aren't the magicians that we think they are. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/trump-signs-executive-order-black-colleges

Trump signs executive order on black colleges

Nation Feb 28, 2017 6:51 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump signed an executive order Tuesday aimed at signaling his commitment to historically black colleges and universities, saying that those schools will be “an absolute priority for this White House.”

HBCU presidents are hoping Congress will bolster Trump’s actions to strengthen the schools with dramatically increased funding in the upcoming federal budget. They are calling for $25 billion for infrastructure, college readiness, financial aid and other priorities. Under President Barack Obama’s administration, historically black colleges and universities received $4 billion over seven years.

“The next step is the budget. You cannot have mission without money,” Thurgood Marshall College Fund President Johnny Taylor told reporters outside the White House after the signing ceremony.

Many of the college presidents also went to Capitol Hill on Tuesday to lobby Congress for more funding. Taylor said the $25 billion is needed to make up for years of underfunding and would cover the country’s more than 100 HBCUs.

Several presidents and HBCU advocacy organizations echoed Taylor’s sentiments.

“This is a great day for my membership and a great day for America,” said Lezli Baskerville, head of the National Association For Equal Opportunity in Education, an umbrella group for public, private and land-grant HBCUs.

This is truly the actions of a racist.  Even the HBCU Presidents were overjoyed and happily took money from the old racist.   Oh and you'll notice that the colleges were underfunded  for years.   Lessee, 8 years before Trump  was Hmmmmmmmmm    Pres Obama.    Nobody ever called him a racist.   But Trump leads for year after year funding increases and current funding increases and he is a racist.   An absurd position really. 

mspart

45 minutes ago, mspart said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/trump-signs-executive-order-black-colleges

Trump signs executive order on black colleges

Nation Feb 28, 2017 6:51 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump signed an executive order Tuesday aimed at signaling his commitment to historically black colleges and universities, saying that those schools will be “an absolute priority for this White House.”

HBCU presidents are hoping Congress will bolster Trump’s actions to strengthen the schools with dramatically increased funding in the upcoming federal budget. They are calling for $25 billion for infrastructure, college readiness, financial aid and other priorities. Under President Barack Obama’s administration, historically black colleges and universities received $4 billion over seven years.

“The next step is the budget. You cannot have mission without money,” Thurgood Marshall College Fund President Johnny Taylor told reporters outside the White House after the signing ceremony.

Many of the college presidents also went to Capitol Hill on Tuesday to lobby Congress for more funding. Taylor said the $25 billion is needed to make up for years of underfunding and would cover the country’s more than 100 HBCUs.

Several presidents and HBCU advocacy organizations echoed Taylor’s sentiments.

“This is a great day for my membership and a great day for America,” said Lezli Baskerville, head of the National Association For Equal Opportunity in Education, an umbrella group for public, private and land-grant HBCUs.

This is truly the actions of a racist.  Even the HBCU Presidents were overjoyed and happily took money from the old racist.   Oh and you'll notice that the colleges were underfunded  for years.   Lessee, 8 years before Trump  was Hmmmmmmmmm    Pres Obama.    Nobody ever called him a racist.   But Trump leads for year after year funding increases and current funding increases and he is a racist.   An absurd position really. 

mspart

That's a curious move,  coming from innate #PO1135809. Must have been something behind that move. 

I'm not sure how that directly led to lower unemployment rates though. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Nice try on diverting.   Not happening.

The above trumps your "Trump is racist" argument.   You can't explain this in any other way (but you'll try no doubt).   The link I provided shows him in the Oval office with a large number of HBCU Presidents.   A racist wouldn't put up with that.   And not only that, Trump signed an Executive Order to fund those colleges.   As a racist, someone must have been twisting his arm, but he was happy to do this and crowed loudly about it.   Congress agreed of course, what else could they do?   Trump the racist brought to the HBCU colleges more federal funding than they have ever had and not on a yearly basis as previously done, but for years to come.    More than any other President had ever done.   And he changed it from yearly to multiple years so the Presidents didn't have to come begging every time.   Now that's just racist if you ask me. 

Ban - I don't know about you but when I think of racist Presidents, this is what I think of.   Go ahead an pick at it, the story is from the racist PBS. 

mspart

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

I don't post "link after link" on here for several reasons. 

If you genuinely were concerned about Miller and Bannon's past with white power groups you'd read it on your own.  Obviously,  you're ok with it.

The only connections they have to bad people are the ones you make. 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, mspart said:

Nice try on diverting.   Not happening.

The above trumps your "Trump is racist" argument.   You can't explain this in any other way (but you'll try no doubt).   The link I provided shows him in the Oval office with a large number of HBCU Presidents.   A racist wouldn't put up with that.   And not only that, Trump signed an Executive Order to fund those colleges.   As a racist, someone must have been twisting his arm, but he was happy to do this and crowed loudly about it.   Congress agreed of course, what else could they do?   Trump the racist brought to the HBCU colleges more federal funding than they have ever had and not on a yearly basis as previously done, but for years to come.    More than any other President had ever done.   And he changed it from yearly to multiple years so the Presidents didn't have to come begging every time.   Now that's just racist if you ask me. 

Ban - I don't know about you but when I think of racist Presidents, this is what I think of.   Go ahead an pick at it, the story is from the racist PBS. 

mspart

I don't necessarily disagree with your post EXCEPT...

...that a racist who is trying to not appear racist who is being advised by a team of highly paid experts might do exactly these things.

Particularly if they are running for President and need to win over a significant number of black voters in order to have any chance of winning.

And - even more importantly - when he's someone who has no concept of ethics or morality and cares only about not losing.

I'm giving Trump no benefit of the doubt. I think he's a creep who we need to be rid of.

You seem to be supporting him. Which is strange, because I thought you didn't like him?

• Fire 1

17 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Funny, but Eric Adams is sounding more and more like Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon these days.  

Yes, Mr. Mayor Adams.  Reality is a heartless teacher.  Sanctuary your way all the way to heaven and leave the rest of us to find our own way there.  And every dimocrat in New York who voted for Biden and Adams can pony up the money to house, feed, clothe, educate, medicate, and placate their new best friends.  But for those of us who knew this was going to be disastrous - leave us and our wallets alone.  Note:  the race of the immigrants is NOT a factor.  If we let in 7,000 Norwegian cardiologist and Swedish bikini team asylum seekers a day and bussed a tiny percentage of them to New York the exact same issues would be in place and the exact same people would be against the policy.  However, I am sure the people who are for the current policy would be against the educated swimclad asylum seekers based on race and their predilection to vote in an uncertain way.

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You're being purposely obtuse. Why try making something out of nothing?

Herschel is a dope, not because of any of his physical characteristics. Just because he's a dope.

What about diversity?  Shouldn't we accept dopes for who they are? We let Ban into our forum life.  

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your post EXCEPT...

...that a racist who is trying to not appear racist who is being advised by a team of highly paid experts might do exactly these things.

Particularly if they are running for President and need to win over a significant number of black voters in order to have any chance of winning.

And - even more importantly - when he's someone who has no concept of ethics or morality and cares only about not losing.

I'm giving Trump no benefit of the doubt. I think he's a creep who we need to be rid of.

You seem to be supporting him. Which is strange, because I thought you didn't like him?

So that’s it, Trump and conservatives are racist because they don’t do racist things.  Democrats do racist things every day, all day, but they’re not racist.

• Fire 3
  • Stalling 1

1 hour ago, ionel said:

What about diversity?  Shouldn't we accept dopes for who they are? We let Ban into our forum life.  

You apparently "have me on ignore," yet EVERY bleeping post you make invokes me in it. 

In addition,  you even stated a thread about me,  all while "ignoring" me. 

I believe someone needs to let some things go and stop obsessing about me.  Do I really live so easily in your head,  man!?

Frightening!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 9/6/2023 at 10:25 AM, Offthemat said:

Florida and the other school districts that are editing the history books and lessons their students are taught are geared toward eliminating the fiction and marxist propaganda.  They still teach history but leave the agenda of division and guilt out.  It was in fact, a black scholar who contributed the fact that skills learned as slaves aided in their ability obtain a livelihood once freed.  It was a black journalist who spent considerable time reporting on Africa, from Africa, and wrote the book Out of America, in which he gives thanks that his ancestors were taken as slaves and refused the offers to be returned to Africa when freed.  He explained that he didn’t desire any connection to Africa; he just wanted to be known as an American.  If they want to teach about slavery, there’s a lot about it in the Bible, as well as most of the world’s history, from the beginning of time to the present day.  

Have I got a deal for you.

I will enslave you, beat you, whip you until your back is in shreds, lynch you if you look at or talk to my woman or any woman I deem you should not look at or talk to, sell you to someone else who will do more of the same or maybe worse, house you in a hovel, feed you poorly, and take your woman for my pleasure.

But you will learn skills that will aide in your ability to obtain a livelihood.

Deal?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

45 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I will enslave you, beat you, whip you until your back is in shreds, lynch you if you look at or talk to my woman or any woman I deem you should not look at or talk to, sell you to someone else who will do more of the same or maybe worse, house you in a hovel, feed you poorly, and take your woman for my pleasure.

But you will learn skills that will aide in your ability to obtain a livelihood.

Deal?

Woke, Marxist propaganda.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Deal?

Nobody ever said it was a good deal, but today, being descended from slaves is so preferred that people are fraudulently claiming to be so. 

6 hours ago, Offthemat said:

So that’s it, Trump and conservatives are racist because they don’t do racist things.  Democrats do racist things every day, all day, but they’re not racist.

Now you are getting it.  Your indoctrination is almost complete.  We had a similar discussion on what is an authoritarian recently.  Humpty Dumpty's take on the meaning of words was quite involved with that discussion also.

6 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Now you are getting it.  Your indoctrination is almost complete.  We had a similar discussion on what is an authoritarian recently.  Humpty Dumpty's take on the meaning of words was quite involved with that discussion also.

Those of us in the bidness use the definitive source of everything authoritarianism as our guide post.

He offers one of his best books completely free.  Anyone concerned about the rise in authoritarianism and its consequences should read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Altemeyer

12 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Slow down there, freight train. 

As I posted, Trump does seem to do many things to convince people he's not racist. That was and is my point.

Yet his words and actions betray him. He's as racist as they come.

(Don't bastardize my post into a D vs R argument that I didn't make - start your own post to discuss that.)

It is absolutely amazing how people will twist things in their mind to create a narrative...even more amazing is they actually believe the stuff they write on here.  Now someone is racist because they don't do racists things...can't make this stuff up.  Is chewing gum racist?  How about walking down the street?  Sewing...that HAS to be racist!?!?

11 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Slow down there, freight train. 

As I posted, Trump does seem to do many things to convince people he's not racist. That was and is my point.

Yet his words and actions betray him. He's as racist as they come.

(Don't bastardize my post into a D vs R argument that I didn't make - start your own post to discuss that.)

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

It is absolutely amazing how people will twist things in their mind to create a narrative...even more amazing is they actually believe the stuff they write on here.  Now someone is racist because they don't do racists things...can't make this stuff up.  Is chewing gum racist?  How about walking down the street?  Sewing...that HAS to be racist!?!?

You can tell he’s racist by his words and his actions that aren’t racist because he’s racist and so are you. Dimocrat theory of relativity. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Sorry,  but GWN is right.  Many actions and beliefs demonstrate either prejudiced,  discriminatory,  or even racist views,  all seemingly benign and unintended.  It's more common that flat-out acts by white power groups,  one of which admittedly lurks among us. 

As for inmate #PO1135809, he openly demonstrates his racism by his past lawsuits,  his open statements,  whom he appointed,  and,  most recently,  whom he associates with. 

See how much learnin' you can do with some of that good ol' fashioned " indoctrination," (whatever that means)? 😉

I always wonder why there is this strange gap in the sequence of posts,  but I forgot that I had to put our resident proud white person and white power advocate on my ignore list. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:14 PM, Ban Basketball said:

Those of us in the bidness use the definitive source of everything authoritarianism as our guide post.

He offers one of his best books completely free.  Anyone concerned about the rise in authoritarianism and its consequences should read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Altemeyer

So authoritarianism predominantly resides on the conservative side?   Yes Brother Bob also treated Left wing, but the Wiki article you provide only mentions that while going on and on about the conservative authoritarianism.   Interesting ignoring of history and current events.   Why would anyone be concerned with authoritarianism on one side rather than on all sides?

NM Governor declaring Albuquerque a gun free zone.   She is a D, not an evil R conservative.   Does this action not even hint at authoritarianism?   It is not a law, she just pulled this one out all on her own and pretends it has the force of law.   You will find what you don't like on all sides,  not just the one you consider evil. 

mspart

• Fire 1