Smokers (Meat)

Husker_Du

34 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Any chicken spatchcockers out there?

be34a414a1d29019e997b6e8ba28c37e.jpg

I've always seen usefulness for the Thanksgiving turkey but have not done it.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

Then I imagine cutting the backbone out would make you faint.

No problem there.  Just breaking that bone with my hands. 

I don't know though; I've never tried. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

18 minutes ago, mspart said:

I smoked the Turkey last year for thanksgiving, used apple chips.   My wife, after tasting, declared that no turkey shall be cooked any other way from now on.    It was incredible. 

mspart

Ok ... I think we all know when Thanksgiving is the year but looking for info on the where😋 

• Fire 1

The year was 2022.   The where, somewhere in WA state, proximate to Seattle, but not in Seattle, but in the woods.  

The year of 2023 - The where will be the same.   You'll have to use your nose.

I just hope I don't mess it up.   But so far, nothing has been messed up in the smoker.  

mspart

51 minutes ago, mspart said:

The year was 2022.   The where, somewhere in WA state, proximate to Seattle, but not in Seattle, but in the woods.  

I just hope I don't mess it up.   But so far, nothing has been messed up in the smoker.  

mspart

Address??  LOL

Edited by Bigbrog

53 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

So Washington's got woods?  Hopefully its a small woods and I don't catch covid and lose my sense of smell.  Maybe I should start wearing a mask in October.  😷 

That might not be a bad idea, but we have outlawed covid in our woods so you should be ok. 

I'll give another hint - Our woods is not west of Seattle. 

There are lots' of woods around here in the Pacific Northwest.

image.thumb.png.7d4240787ae8f37977703679d10b05c5.png

mspart

• Haha 1

Anyone do pork ribs just straight up,  with no wrapping or 3-2-1 method? Been a while for me, but I'm going to this weekend. 

54 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Anyone do pork ribs just straight up,  with no wrapping or 3-2-1 method? Been a while for me, but I'm going to this weekend. 

Yep, I just season my ribs and throw them on the grill. I will mop them with apple cider vinegar a couple of times during the cook and pull them off when the IT reads 202. I personally want my ribs to be tender, smoky and delicious but not quite fall off the bone. 

51 minutes ago, Gus said:

Yep, I just season my ribs and throw them on the grill. I will mop them with apple cider vinegar a couple of times during the cook and pull them off when the IT reads 202. I personally want my ribs to be tender, smoky and delicious but not quite fall off the bone. 

Awesome! Thanks.  They were great that way a long time ago when I did that. 

6 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

IMG_8388.thumb.jpeg.a5eb4e8e8f76b2a147ed264749959e66.jpeg

A little hurricane prep last weekend…

Do you find that the smoke box adds the smoky flavor that you lose by using a pellet grill?  I have a pellet grill and a weber kettle. I use the pellet grill most of the time but if I want true smoky flavor, my weber with charcoal/wood chunks is the go-to.

3 minutes ago, Gus said:

Do you find that the smoke box adds the smoky flavor that you lose by using a pellet grill?  I have a pellet grill and a weber kettle. I use the pellet grill most of the time but if I want true smoky flavor, my weber with charcoal/wood chunks is the go-to.

I’ve never used a pellet grill so can’t really compare. In my unit the smoker (electric oven but not digital) is at the bottom, but for long smokes like butt and brisket, I  cook in the charcoal pit and and run additional smoke up from the smoker. Smoker takes chips, but I like using bigger chunks in the charcoal pit. Gets a better bark. 

• Fire 1