Chittum to Voinivic comparison

BlacknGold

5 hours ago, Le duke said:

Voinovich, likely R16, R12 on a great day.

I could see Chittum be a low AA this year. 5th to 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different weights.  Even if both were the same weight I would favor VV.

149 has a slew of young guns that VV is a part of.  Change of scenery and room he could make a large jump and be in the mid-AA range as well.

Chittum peaked three years ago.  Think Tsirtsis but three years ago was his NC year (potentially).  Now he is up a weight and he hasn't had the horrific tragedy, but he has moved because of Daddy issues and other potential life threatening issues.  I see Chittum as a NQ guy.  The right draw might get him a win or two against softer foes.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Different weights.  Even if both were the same weight I would favor VV.

149 has a slew of young guns that VV is a part of.  Change of scenery and room he could make a large jump and be in the mid-AA range as well.

Chittum peaked three years ago.  Think Tsirtsis but three years ago was his NC year (potentially).  Now he is up a weight and he hasn't had the horrific tragedy, but he has moved because of Daddy issues and other potential life threatening issues.  I see Chittum as a NQ guy.  The right draw might get him a win or two against softer foes.

NQ guy?  Iowa fans were penciling him in finals before the move. 

IMO. CC much better than VV. 

• Fire 3

4 minutes ago, Pish said:

NQ guy?  Iowa fans were penciling him in finals before the move. 

IMO. CC much better than VV. 

I am not an Iowa guy, ergo my opinion on him is the same as it was a week or a month ago.  NQ and needing the right draw to win matches.

Honestly given his style I also wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit banged up and trudging through the season by the time conferences roll around.  I would never hope that or predict that, though.

Until Chit steps on the mat to complete against elite level NCAA folkstyle competition it's hard to make the determination. What is known is that VV had a pretty decent freshman campaign, won 2 matches at the NCAA and had a lot of  1-2 point "good losses" to AA level wrestlers. One thing is for certain... it will be fun if they face each other. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Until Chit steps on the mat to complete against elite level NCAA folkstyle competition it's hard to make the determination. What is known is that VV had a pretty decent freshman campaign, won 2 matches at the NCAA and had a lot of  1-2 point "good losses" to AA level wrestlers. One thing is for certain... it will be fun if they face each other. 

I doubt that happens unfortunately if Chittum remains at 157 for the Cyclones.

I think Chittum is going to be very good. He wrestles a classic Iowa style with high pace and looking to score in bunches. He will be in the mix to AA right out of the gate IMO. Think a 157 pound version of Desanto. VV wrestled everyone pretty close last year but lost most matches against AA level guys. Best wins are Jaden Abas and Kellyn March. VV used to be devastating on top in HS so it will be interesting to see if he gets back to riding and turning more. 

Voinivic looks like more of a project. Good athlete, takes good shots, but chooses to grind and stall too much. Needs to open up his offense. Maybe implement an underhook series to his big physique. Sits on the collar tie too much and needs to mix up his hand fighting. Solid top/bottom game that should develop well. Needs to get better at scrambling 50/50 positions. Had success as a freshman and has tools to improve 

Chittum is more complete imo. Physical, athletic, very hard to score on. Elite counter offense

Edited by BlacknGold

On 5/12/2023 at 12:45 PM, scorenomore said:

VV has always been a hammer on top. Add in some of the Spencer Lee arm bar and tilt and he might be able to put some points up for sure. Agree, neutral scoring is where the work is needed. 

On 5/12/2023 at 9:04 AM, Gus said:

I think Chittum is going to be very good. He wrestles a classic Iowa style with high pace and looking to score in bunches. He will be in the mix to AA right out of the gate IMO. Think a 157 pound version of Desanto. VV wrestled everyone pretty close last year but lost most matches against AA level guys. Best wins are Jaden Abas and Kellyn March. VV used to be devastating on top in HS so it will be interesting to see if he gets back to riding and turning more. 

VV elite top game hasn’t shown up in college at all, I remember him riding out for the win at whose number 1 years ago and thinking he was gonna be elite , but I watched a lot of Ok state last year and forget about turning guys I can’t remember him even picking up a riding time point 

6 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

VV elite top game hasn’t shown up in college at all, I remember him riding out for the win at whose number 1 years ago and thinking he was gonna be elite , but I watched a lot of Ok state last year and forget about turning guys I can’t remember him even picking up a riding time point 

You are probably right.  Who's #1 and high school have been my memories of him.  Haven't watched him much in college.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, CementMixer said:

Yeah he would...but regardless Van Ness will

Chittum wouldn't make 149.  He has already made that publicly known.  Quit being a douche.

• Haha 1