Worst stallers of the last decade

Ironic that the thread is entitled "worst stallers" and all the replies list the best stallers.

Case in point - Dan Dennis; the kid never stalled in his career, so when he needed that skill set in the last 30 seconds of the NCAA finals, he had no ideal how to stall correctly.

Make no mistake - stalling and not getting called for it is a learned skill.

• Fire 5

20 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Starocci is the biggest staller for as dominant as he is, it's ridiculous.

Just like Heil, when they changed the danger zone rules, if they change the top stalling rules this offseason he will take some losses next year.

I would argue that, as long as we have riding time, no top wrestling should ever be considered stalling. It's all offense to earn/secure the riding time point.

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I would argue that, as long as we have riding time, no top wrestling should ever be considered stalling. It's all offense to earn/secure the riding time point.

You missed the punchline, sorry.

While I would enjoy more top wrestling I agree.  The joke is the OP actually making this thread.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

19 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

For me the bigget stallers are:

Glory

Arujau

Alirez

Diakomihalis

Haines

O'Toole

Starocci

Brooks

Bonnacorsi

Parris

At first I read this and was like oh he’s listing all the national champs (slight chuckle in my head). Then, I was like, wait… why is Haines on there?! Took me second and then I literally LOLed! Well done. 

• Fire 2

On 4/15/2023 at 8:37 PM, Gus said:

Cam Amine

When Amine and Lewan scrimmage do they just stand and look at each other for 2 hours in the Michigan room?  The two most boring wrestlers to wrestle back to back in any lineup ever.  Yet they both have AA'd the last two years so until the rules/referees make them change this is what they will do.  I am too lazy to do the research but I believe they both have more stalling calls than takedowns in the past 2 years and especially so in their Big 10/NCAA tournament runs.  Same for having more escapes than takedowns.

• Fire 4

24 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

When Amine and Lewan scrimmage do they just stand and look at each other for 2 hours in the Michigan room?  The two most boring wrestlers to wrestle back to back in any lineup ever.  Yet they both have AA'd ...

AA'd ... I'm wondering how they made weight?  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AOCStallsLikeAMug said:

I don't like the direct that this thread has taken. You all have made a mockery of a serious inquiry and attacked my character. I will be contacting the appropriate moderators to get some of you banned. 

I have seen the error of my ways. For penance I have made a revised and amended list. The top 10 stallers of all time to present, and in the future:

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

Honorable Mention

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

Extremely talented wrestlers who make a living wrestling close matches with many ending in OT. That style sometimes costed these guys as some opponents were able to sneak a late score for the win. 

Cole Mathews

Jason Tsirtsis

Kellen Russell

17 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Ironic that the thread is entitled "worst stallers" and all the replies list the best stallers.

Case in point - Dan Dennis; the kid never stalled in his career, so when he needed that skill set in the last 30 seconds of the NCAA finals, he had no ideal how to stall correctly.

Make no mistake - stalling and not getting called for it is a learned skill.

Agree. “Worst “ or best stallers  ?

1 hour ago, JLStock said:

Extremely talented wrestlers who make a living wrestling close matches with many ending in OT. That style sometimes costed these guys as some opponents were able to sneak a late score for the win. 

Cole Mathews

Jason Tsirtsis

Kellen Russell

Good call on these guys. 

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, AOCStallsLikeAMug said:

I don't like the direct that this thread has taken. You all have made a mockery of a serious inquiry and attacked my character. I will be contacting the appropriate moderators to get some of you banned. 

the-worst509215-mugs.jpg

11 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I have seen the error of my ways. For penance I have made a revised and amended list. The top 10 stallers of all time to present, and in the future:

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

Honorable Mention

@AOCStallsLikeAMug

south park pc principal GIF

• Clown 1

I don't know about the last decade, but Mauller stalls like crazy.  He'll attack weaker wrestlers, but against the best guys he'll just wait and try to counter.  As a Mizzou fan it drives me crazy because he can and has taken top level guys down off of his attacks, he's just extremely hesitant to initiate them.The first time he wrestled ISU's Johnson and pinned him, he stalled the whole match on his feet.  He just go lucky with a counter in SV.

43 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

I don't know about the last decade, but Mauller stalls like crazy.  He'll attack weaker wrestlers, but against the best guys he'll just wait and try to counter.  As a Mizzou fan it drives me crazy because he can and has taken top level guys down off of his attacks, he's just extremely hesitant to initiate them.The first time he wrestled ISU's Johnson and pinned him, he stalled the whole match on his feet.  He just go lucky with a counter in SV.

Jacques is definitely in the same mold.