Additional Forums

Husker_Du

I'd like an Off Topic forum, just for reviving SVV's great Glorious Music Video thread.  It was a great place for us to share music that we all like.

I can also assure those with reservations with me posting that you won't see or hear much from me at all, except for a music thread. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

6 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Already there...

If you mean that a request is already there, I've seen requests for such a forum, but, unless I'm missing it, there's no forum as of yet.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

If this forum grows, maybe give the larger programs like PSU or Iowa their own section to talk about topics that are very specific to the program that the rest of us don't really care about (like recruiting, RTC news, assistant coaching drama, scheduling, etc).

I'm not sure a conference-specific board is necessary because at this point, the majority of the discussion in the general section is about the big 10 anyway.  But there's a lot of team-specific info that probably isn't posted on a national forum. 

Edited by billyhoyle

20 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

LOLOL...I'd just as soon get rid of it.

People are different in many ways.   I do not complain about the lights left on, cupboards left open, an inefficiently loaded dishwasher, or bad grammar... however I stomp my boots when it comes to Forum organization.

10 minutes ago, jross said:

People are different in many ways.   I do not complain about the lights left on, cupboards left open, an inefficiently loaded dishwasher, or bad grammar... however I stomp my boots when it comes to Forum organization.

How do you feel about toilet paper roll direction and toothpaste?

4 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I'm not calling you a liar...

Forks together, spoons together, knives together, same-sized plates together.  If you spend a little time with placement on the loading, you don't have to organize it to put it away.  Just grab and go.  This is the way.  It took me three loads to shut my mouth and never mention it.  It has kept my marriage together for 20 years now.  I can shut up about Music in the 'Other Sports' categories too... but it hurts.

On 10/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, Husker_Du said:

What would you guys like to see added as boards?

Off Topic? (politics, entertainment, social stuff)

Other Sports (football, baseball talk, etc)

Conference Specific Boards? 

Looking for anything the community might want. 

Please do NOT do football or other sports. They might overshadow wrestling even here. There is no shortage of football news or chatter.

15 minutes ago, ionel said:

How do you feel about toilet paper roll direction and toothpaste?

That doesn't bother me.  

I silently twitch at table doilies, table centerpieces, wall hangings on every potential bare space, dirty dishes left in the sink, folding & separating like-sized kids' clothes, and different branded/colored/sized socks.

Why does the butcher block require a candle?

6D4529AE-4673-437E-9683-0721858DFF10.thumb.jpeg.63f33bc99f3515f5a1cb036c4590e88a.jpeg

Edited by jross
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, jross said:

It has kept my marriage together for 20 years now.  I can shut up about Music in the 'Other Sports' categories too... but it hurts.

I just get it ready for the dishwasher and put it away when it's finished. 

I didn't make the music post for me. The song on the other hand...

Per the biggest brain, we have modified the Other Sports to "Non-Wrestling Talk" feel free to discuss all your favorite things outside of wrestling from sports to politics in a civil manner. Willie has expressed interest in testing out the ban feature within 24 hours!

• Fire 1