2023 Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

AJ Burkhart, former National Qualifier from Lehigh has popped up as a started on Kent State's roster (though he has not yet wrestled a match this year).  Meanwhile, Jordan Decatur has also not wrestled a match this year, but is listed as a backup to Billy Meiszner for the Golden Flashes 

He's showing up on WrestleStat but not in the OPC or on the KSU site. I wonder if he's looking to join 2nd semester.

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

He's showing up on WrestleStat but not in the OPC or on the KSU site. I wonder if he's looking to join 2nd semester.

I believe that's the deal. UNC has Eichens on wrestlestat as well at 174 he will be a 2nd semester add for UNC

• 2 weeks later...

What are the odds that Kennedy hits the transfer portal?

I know he is and has been an IOWA guy, but the lineup isn't looking too friendly to him.

149/157 - Voinovich, Focus, Block, Seibrecht
165 - Caliendo
174 - Arnold
184 - Focus
197 - Focus
285 - Kueter

Where does he fit in?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

What are the odds that Kennedy hits the transfer portal?

I know he is and has been an IOWA guy, but the lineup isn't looking too friendly to him.

149/157 - Voinovich, Focus, Block, Seibrecht
165 - Caliendo
174 - Arnold
184 - Focus
197 - Focus
285 - Kueter

Where does he fit in?

Good question--but I guess if he can make 157, I don't see anyone they have that he wouldn't handle after Franek is gone.  And honestly, I'd actually like to see that matchup with Franek once PK gets into wrestling shape.  

3 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

Good question--but I guess if he can make 157, I don't see anyone they have that he wouldn't handle after Franek is gone.  And honestly, I'd actually like to see that matchup with Franek once PK gets into wrestling shape.  

Does anyone know what he weighed in at the Cy-Hawk at?

If it was the full 174lbs, the soonest he could wrestle 165 would be 12/24/23 and the soonest he could wrestle 157 would be 1/14/24.

We don't know what a PK down at 157 looks like.  It could be something like Paddy Gallagher, where we expect him to win a shit tonne of matches, but he just might not function as well at that weight as he does/would at 165lbs.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Does anyone know what he weighed in at the Cy-Hawk at?

If it was the full 174lbs, the soonest he could wrestle 165 would be 12/24/23 and the soonest he could wrestle 157 would be 1/14/24.

We don't know what a PK down at 157 looks like.  It could be something like Paddy Gallagher, where we expect him to win a shit tonne of matches, but he just might not function as well at that weight as he does/would at 165lbs.

He's not wrestling 157 this year with Franek there.    Maybe next year.   Would be kinda crazy if he ends up wrestling 184 this year then 157 next.

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He's not wrestling 157 this year with Franek there.    Maybe next year.   Would be kinda crazy if he ends up wrestling 184 this year then 157 next.

Yeah it would be. 🤣

I rescind my original question about PK.

He is an Iowa guy.  I don't see him not making a go for 157 next season.

If, for whatever reason Arnold does go at 174 this year, I think him wrestling 184 is still a no-brainer, then 157 for next season.

33 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Good luck.  IMO he’s not going to ever wrestle 157 and even if he does I don’t see him having the kind of success everyone here seems to think he’ll have.  

Everyone here doesn't think he will have that success at 157.  If you look legitimately what... four posts before yours I also elude to the same thing.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Everyone here doesn't think he will have that success at 157.  If you look legitimately what... four posts before yours I also elude to the same thing.

I think he could have success at 157. When PK wrestled Peyton Robb at 74kg they looked very similar in size and PK pinned him. It was freestyle and a different weight class so should obviously be taken with a grain of salt but I think he could be successful at 157. 

36 minutes ago, Gus said:

I think he could have success at 157. When PK wrestled Peyton Robb at 74kg they looked very similar in size and PK pinned him. It was freestyle and a different weight class so should obviously be taken with a grain of salt but I think he could be successful at 157. 

A different weight class, but it was a weight that was less than 165lbs... 😛

56 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Considering PK's conditioning at 174 without cutting,  to his gas tank at 157 cutting hard, I am guessing he is good for a solid 3 minutes. 

It is Iowa, so that would be par for the course wouldn't it?  On the ole Spencer Lee diet?

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

It is Iowa, so that would be par for the course wouldn't it?  On the ole Spencer Lee diet?

For a team that used to take pride in their conditioning and push opponents into stalling, they sure haven't looked the same. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

37 minutes ago, Idaho said:

For a team that used to take pride in their conditioning and push opponents into stalling, they sure haven't looked the same. 

PK had his knee scoped and had not been wrestling for some time. His conditioning was bad because he had not been able to compete. He has a good gas tank and he will get it back.

• Fire 2

45 minutes ago, Gus said:

PK had his knee scoped and had not been wrestling for some time. His conditioning was bad because he had not been able to compete. He has a good gas tank and he will get it back.

His gas tank at 174/165 will come back.  At 157 I doubt he’ll be able to go 7 minutes at an elite level.  

4 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

I wonder when the last time PK actually had to cut weight hard. His last few years of high school even he was at 170 or 182.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe his senior year he bumped up to 182 to wrestle some better competition.  He handled Quayn Short in the title match. 

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Legitimately you’ll have to forgive me if I don’t read every comment you make. 

• Haha 1