Session V, Saturday AM discussion

CraigOR

Just now, CraigOR said:

Looks like they will run all of the 7th place matches after the last consi semi final

They always do so that the consi semi guys can have a little bit to recover. 7th place competitors haven't wrestled since last night.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

16 minutes ago, jross said:

Brands got that riding time and then picked down.  Neutral was in my mind.  Great first period from his feet and protect the riding time point.

Yeah, that was a mistake.  I guess Brands lost that new-found offense after that one TD.  

Iowa finally wins one this morning with Big Tony.

Just now, pawrestler said:

We were just saying that here. 10 minutes of how everyone loses but that’s wrestling etc etc 

Glad it's not just me thinking that. They've been hammering that point since the session began. I know that's a common talking point on day 3 but I don't recall it being this in your face. 

1 minute ago, Perry said:

Anyone else feel the ESPN commentary is somewhat digging at Lee not competing today? 

They do something like this every year for this session.  It just feels directed that way because of Spencer MED FFTing.  They are just selling the importance of their broadcast.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

They do something like this every year for this session.  It just feels directed that way because of Spencer MED FFTing.  They are just selling the importance of their broadcast.

WTF?????  Spencer quits on his team and fans, and medically forfeits the rest of the tournament - you're dam* right he should be called out for it by this broadcast and every other one from one coast to the other and everything in between.

2 minutes ago, Rassling said:

WTF?????  Spencer quits on his team and fans, and medically forfeits the rest of the tournament - you're dam* right he should be called out for it by this broadcast and every other one from one coast to the other and everything in between.

They didn't call him out.  People are rearing what they want into the same type.of language they use every year.

And you have no idea why he's not wrestling.  There are numerous posts today complaining about Iowa not caring about his health, but if he's not wrestling due to injury now, he/ they should also be blamed? Can't win with people who are bad faith actors. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

They didn't call him out.  People are rearing what they want into the same type.of language they use every year.

And you have no idea why he's not wrestling.  There are numerous posts today complaining about Iowa not caring about his health, but if he's not wrestling due to injury now, he/ they should also be blamed? Can't win with people who are bad faith actors. 

"Excuses are for WOOSIES" How applicable.  

All kidding aside - I think about the 100's if not 1000's of youth who look up to him. How are they processing him not showing up today?  Even if he can not walk - you get your "team mates" to lift you up and place you on the Iowa bench as a show of support for your "team mates."  There still is time for him to do the right thing before the day is over. Do it Spencer - if not for yourself but for those who supported you including your coach, team mates, fans, friends and family too! I'll be the first to commend you and I'm sure you be blown away over how many others will do the same around the nation. 

Wow... didn't even realize this.

Trent Hilger of Wisconsin, who just toed the line w/ Schultz ASU for 7th/8th place just med forf. out to 8th...

IS a 4 X AA.

Quietly... but notably.

Wow... good for you Trent.

D3

• Fire 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I’d guess most people are disappointed that he’s not weighing in and forfeiting on the mat if he needs to.

Lol. The same people reveling in his loss, mocking him and his mother? He owes us giving 100% of what he had, which he did more than almost anybody every match.  He ended up coming up short in an unprecedented way, and people are going to lecture him on how they would handle it.  Priceless.

• Fire 1