Session IV, Friday PM discussion

CraigOR

Not great work by ESPN tonight. In addition to the unforgiveable cardinal sin of missing a late takedown at 133 there have been a variety of other mistakes.  They didnt realize Lee took top in the second period.  They had little film of Lee after the match.  Burroughs I believe said it was 90 degrees for the NF.  And a couple of others I can't remember. 

• Fire 3

4 minutes ago, dragit said:

Not great work by ESPN tonight. In addition to the unforgiveable cardinal sin of missing a late takedown at 133 there have been a variety of other mistakes.  They didnt realize Lee took top in the second period.  They had little film of Lee after the match.  Burroughs I believe said it was 90 degrees for the NF.  And a couple of others I can't remember. 

Just watch on ESPN+ you get the 8 mats with Sparks and Robles

Just now, dragit said:

They did, however, get the eyeglass crushing....that will live forever.

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

3 All americans for UNC and they showed up with 5 wrestlers. All 5 wrestlers wrestled at or above their seed. Coleman gets it done in March. 

Kudos to UNC... your guys wrestled tough.

D3

• Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, Pipewrench said:

They did, however, get the eyeglass crushing....that will live forever.

At least she didn't start throwing people. Given her athletic accomplishments that was a pretty timid reaction. Shouldn't be as famous as it's going to be meme'd

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Man, if it weren't for Lee, this would have been a great session for Iowa.  Weird thing to write.  For those that couldn't see, what was the score of Lee-Ramos at time of the fall?

Would’ve been 11-7 Ramos if not given the fall. 

1 minute ago, pawrestler said:

Coleman is a great coach. UNC is a great fit for him IMO

Admittedly, I do wish the team overall was better. We’ve had a lot of the same holes in our lineup for a while now and this year the team was less competitive than it’s even been in his tenure. But I can’t deny how he prepares them for March. Our guys show up ready to scrap and always perform well. And we get treated to some wild upsets (Monday over Lavallee, Ness over Shakur Rasheed, Clark over Eierman last year, etc.)

• Fire 1