Aaron Nagao chokes his opponents

CHROMEBIRD

7 hours ago, SocraTease said:

It seems Fix is also known for choking.   Something about 133.  DeSanto was also a dirty wrestler.OSU's Daton Fix to wrestle in World Championships beginning Thursday

... the above picture was posted earlier on pg2 of this said thread by SocraTease,

but we'll play along at home, m'kay?

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

9 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Yup! I'm a big Bucknell/Pitt fan! THAT is my issue with it! I don't have the objectivity that Minnesota fans have!

And dude, take a Xanax! AGAIN, nobody said it was illegal. Just that he applies pressure to the throat...and that it's dirty.

Bucknell has fans? Asking for a friend of course 🙂 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Nagao has a significant BJJ background. I’m sure those tendencies are hard to erase.

Is what he’s doing in those pictures illegal? I feel like no one will actually answer that question and I don’t know.

You can go across the neck to grab the far arm or shoulder but cannot apply pressure to the windpipe or artery. In the past I think the problem was with front headlocks going across the throat. Didn't a college guy pass out in a front headlock a several years ago? The officials check front headlocks but not the Nagao choke from top.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, AOCStallsLikeAMug said:

you think that's bad? AOC literally starts in a windshield wiper position every time he's on bottom. Gives him an easy setup to hit a sit-out. No one ever calls him out on it, but his manlet coach will be the first to cry if the opponent's feet are both in the air for even a millisecond. 

I noticed that too! He's a beast, but I'm surprised he gets away with that. He's like already out.

• Fire 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 4:45 PM, AOCStallsLikeAMug said:

you think that's bad? AOC literally starts in a windshield wiper position every time he's on bottom. Gives him an easy setup to hit a sit-out. No one ever calls him out on it, but his manlet coach will be the first to cry if the opponent's feet are both in the air for even a millisecond. 

On 3/20/2023 at 4:59 PM, lowSingle155 said:

I noticed that too! He's a beast, but I'm surprised he gets away with that. He's like already out.

Perfectly legal.  His knees are on the mat behind the rear starting line and his hands are in front of the forward line.

Anyone can do this.  I have.  I've also coached it.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Husker U said:

I'm sure somebody has already posted this somewhere, but what is the reason for his transfer?  I'm a little surprised with the success he had this year and in his interviews he seemed to really care about his team and partners.  

Apparently, Basch contacted him to see his thoughts on the transfer portal.  He thought about it.  A week later he was in...

No bags of cash have been offered.  Yet.