Big ten finals

Interesting that in a match where Nagao back pedalled for two periods and then didn't try to score from the top when trailing by 3, that you call out the guy who scored by going forward.

Just saw someone trot out “Stallrocci” on social media.

After he beat the undefeated #2 soundly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Just saw someone trot out “Stallrocci” on social media.

After he beat the undefeated #2 soundly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was his last name Trump? 

Edited by ionel

44 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Interesting that in a match where Nagao back pedalled for two periods and then didn't try to score from the top when trailing by 3, that you call out the guy who scored by going forward.

My guess is that 'Backup-Young' was a reference to RBY's matches against Desanto last year - the ones where he backed up and purposely avoided wrestling. If that's the case, he's got a fair point.

2 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

My guess is that 'Backup-Young' was a reference to RBY's matches against Desanto last year - the ones where he backed up and purposely avoided wrestling. If that's the case, he's got a fair point.

How is what happened last year pertinent to the RBY Nagao match? Nagao backed up. RBY moved forward. It looks silly to bring that up at this juncture.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

PSU wins the Big Ten Tournament as expected.

But I can't get behind their general "this isn't a big deal" attitude. First it was that the dual championship didn't matter, then duals didn't matter, now it's the conference tournament that doesn't seem to matter much. 

I hate to say it, but today PSU's "look" was that of being ungrateful for the gifts they have.

I love Penn State and how they wrestle, amazing. But have to agree with that last sentence a bit. I guess it could be that their perspective is so warped because B10 really is small time when you've got world and olympic champs in the room, not to mention too many ncaa titles to count. But they could try to remember that it's still very significant to a lot of their peers, and they themselves should still be proud of it.

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Dean finally got struck by karma for those absolutely absurd calls going his way last year.

If Allred is opposite from Sloan, Nebraska has a good chance at a single finalist at NCAAs

At NCAAs, if either Dean or Kerk fall behind in the final period, the plan is that they will "tag" Bo Nickal, who will easily submit their opponent

Edited by SocraTease

5 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

At NCAAs, if either Dean or Kerk fall behind in the final period, the plan is that they will "tag" Bo Nickal, who will easily submit their opponent

I love when a plan comes together - except for this one to work, it'll require that the opponent be at the level of a below average MMA fighter or be a momma's boy like Jake Paul.

2 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

I honestly thought my original comment might not go over very well. Figured my 1st post on this forum might be my last. Your all good sports but I pray to a higher power.

Long live LImarty 

Ok, you crossed the line with that last comment...🤣

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Honestly I didn't see the first 3/4 of the match.  Went to the kitchen to get something to eat.  I plan my breaks around Backup-Young's matches.  It's worked well for me for 3 or 4 years.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Honestly I didn't see the first 3/4 of the match.  Went to the kitchen to get something to eat.  I plan my breaks around Backup-Young's matches.  It's worked well for me for 3 or 4 years.

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie. 89 takedowns in 16 matches, almost 6 per match. The only takedowns in the last two NCAA and B1G finals have been RBY's.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie. 89 takedowns in 16 matches, almost 6 per match. The only takedowns in the last two NCAA and B1G finals have been RBY's.

Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind's made up.  I'm more of a Tommy Hearns fan than a Ray Leonard fan.  What was that your Dad said about Statistics?

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, BerniePragle said:

Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind's made up.  I'm more of a Tommy Hearns fan than a Ray Leonard fan.  What was that your Dad said about Statistics?

He said so many things.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Figures never lie, but lars always figure.

The accounting firm of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe.

2 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How is what happened last year pertinent to the RBY Nagao match? Nagao backed up. RBY moved forward. It looks silly to bring that up at this juncture.

My reaction time just ain't what it used to be.