Big ten finals

9 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

@Husker_Du tweeted earlier that there were two District XI boys in the Big Ten finals.  That is true and awesome and we are proud.  But also of note from DXI: 

Jonah Neisembaum (Salisbury High) wins ACC at HWT

Brett Ungar (Notre Dame Green Pond) silver medalist for EIWA at 125

Get excited for Ryan Crookham next year

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

After we heard him talking shit in previous interviews, this was some humility from Starocci and something I can relate to in a different way.  Talking about how "this is easy for me compared to anything else I have to deal with" can resonate with anyone who escapes into their job to avoid focusing on struggles of other parts of their life

• Fire 2

Just now, flyingcement said:

After we heard him talking shit in previous interviews, this was some humility from Starocci and something I can relate to in a different way.  Talking about how "this is easy for me compared to anything else I have to deal with" can resonate with anyone who escapes into their job to avoid focusing on struggles of other parts of their life

Agreed. This is the 1st interview Ive heard from him where he didn't come off as a tool

16 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

@Husker_Du tweeted earlier that there were two District XI boys in the Big Ten finals.  That is true and awesome and we are proud.  But also of note from DXI: 

Jonah Neisembaum (Salisbury High) wins ACC at HWT

Brett Ungar (Notre Dame Green Pond) silver medalist for EIWA at 125

I may be misremembering, but didn’t Ungar live in Nj and commute?

Just now, 1032004 said:

There are portions of New Jersey which are part of the same youth wrestling league including, most prominently Phillipsburg and Reigel Ridge.  So while they do end up wrestling high school in different states, we all grew up together

Shitty call by the ref

This action vs stalling call out of bounds is so wack or at least the inconsistency with which refs call it. Labriola kicks out of a single from the middle of the mat, squares up and desperately tries to circle inside and gets called for stalling. Then, Starocci clearly battles Labriola all the way to the edge of the mat, shoots him directly out, and it’s not stalling? So strange.
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

There are portions of New Jersey which are part of the same youth wrestling league including, most prominently Phillipsburg and Reigel Ridge.  So while they do end up wrestling high school in different states, we all grew up together

Flyingcement is right. New Jersey is PA and NY's awkward sibling but family nonetheless 

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

9 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Really? I thought it kind of confirmed what I have long suspected Penn State bordering Cult territory 😂