Is Vito a sleeper at 133?

BaldAt23

14 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

FFS.  Draw a circle.  Write in the circle the name of everyone who has beaten RBY in a folkstyle or freestyle match.  Draw another circle.  Write in the name of everyone who has beaten Fix in a folkstyle or freestyle match.  Are there any names in both circles?  Vito's name is in both circles.  Anyone else?

Seth Gross

• Fire 1

I lost my pool last year with ~55 people in it because I took Vito. 

I'm not a quicker learner, so I may go back to that well and hope someone dug it a bit deeper. That Glory-Vito match in the Semi's was one of the weirder ones I've seen. I thought...for a moment, Vito was the one who'd come out on top in that scramble and was scoring points. But Glory scored there, and then it was over. 

My friends to an upset bracket for March Madness. I don't know how they score it, but it's differently. You can still take a 1 seed, but you get fewer points. If you win, the fewer people who chose that school, the more points they get...and a whole lot of other shit. 

If I was making a pool based on that critera;

My all upset team;

125-Glory
133-Vito (I'd bet the money would be about 55-35-10 RBY, Fix and Vito, so upset).
141-Johnson(I want to go with Alirez, but...tough to call him an upset when he's a likely 2 seed and undefeated...but the quality of wins isn't the best). Bartlett is the better bet, but Johnson is more than capable of a big tourney and winning the title.  
149-Gomez
157-Haines(again, picked him last year, so can't change my flip now).
165-Hamiti-Nobody in the top 4 would shock. Monday would be a slight surprise, but given how deep this weight class is, but also top heavy, Hamiti would be a pretty big surprise).
174-Lewis
I can't see Labriola beating both, so if not Starocci, it's gotta be Lewis.  Not quite Owings vs Gable, but unexpected.
184-Keckhiesen
197-Trumble...but I could see 15 different guys make a run to the finals.
HWT-Kerkvliet
Not much of an upset as he's my favorite anyway but there's less margin for error in this weight. I think this is a 3-horse race and Parris is the favorite, so...there's that.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I lost my pool last year with ~55 people in it because I took Vito. 

I'm not a quicker learner, so I may go back to that well and hope someone dug it a bit deeper. That Glory-Vito match in the Semi's was one of the weirder ones I've seen. I thought...for a moment, Vito was the one who'd come out on top in that scramble and was scoring points. But Glory scored there, and then it was over. 

My friends to an upset bracket for March Madness. I don't know how they score it, but it's differently. You can still take a 1 seed, but you get fewer points. If you win, the fewer people who chose that school, the more points they get...and a whole lot of other shit. 

If I was making a pool based on that critera;

My all upset team;

125-Glory
133-Vito (I'd bet the money would be about 55-35-10 RBY, Fix and Vito, so upset).
141-Johnson(I want to go with Alirez, but...tough to call him an upset when he's a likely 2 seed and undefeated...but the quality of wins isn't the best). Bartlett is the better bet, but Johnson is more than capable of a big tourney and winning the title.  
149-Gomez
157-Haines(again, picked him last year, so can't change my flip now).
165-Hamiti-Nobody in the top 4 would shock. Monday would be a slight surprise, but given how deep this weight class is, but also top heavy, Hamiti would be a pretty big surprise).
174-Lewis
I can't see Labriola beating both, so if not Starocci, it's gotta be Lewis.  Not quite Owings vs Gable, but unexpected.
184-Keckhiesen
197-Trumble...but I could see 15 different guys make a run to the finals.
HWT-Kerkvliet
Not much of an upset as he's my favorite anyway but there's less margin for error in this weight. I think this is a 3-horse race and Parris is the favorite, so...there's that.

Assuming you are talking about Paniro Johnson in your 141 assessment? He is at 149 this year. Maybe a guy like Ryan Jack or Allan Hart would fit 

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, ionel said:

5728eec491058428008c07e1?width=1000&form

Jimmy Johns...man, I love that shit. My buddy opened one and wanted me to go in on it with him. Maybe I should have...he's done great and I'd have made my money back just by eating that #4 I think? #8? Whatever has the salami, ham and whatever else. 

And that bread is SO good!

On 2/28/2023 at 8:02 AM, Gus said:

Assuming you are talking about Paniro Johnson in your 141 assessment? He is at 149 this year. Maybe a guy like Ryan Jack or Allan Hart would fit 

What the hell? I swore I replied to this.

Anyway, no, I'm talking about Paniro Johnson at 141. How big of an upset would it be if he dropped to 141 and won it there? Huh? 

No, obviously I screwed up. Which is bad given what the kid has done this year. Taking it to Gomez pretty good, losing a SV 3-1 match to Yianni. He's got some other good wins and some tough, close losses. 

I'll go with Jack there. That NC State team is looking good. Next year moreso than this year is going to be their best year with that whole lineup back, but Jack at 41, Scott at 57 and Trumble at 97 could all cause some havoc. I'd take Scott out due to the drubbing he took at the hands of Andonian, but that feels a lot like Vito-Glory last year. Andonian just blitzed him with the throw to and 6 right out of the gate, then the cradle.

If Andonian can get that gas tank all the way back, he's gonna be a real threat at '57. Monster on top, obviously can hit he big moves, but he's also so slick. He hit a TD over Scott where it was like a schuck from an overhook. But I don't think that qualifies as an upset.

Also, Hart might be the type of guy who can make a run. He's tough on top. He's just not real explosive and he doesn't seem like he's got that shot that he can score with in the 3rd or OT vs the better Wrestlers. So his matches would have to follow a similar theme. Winning with RT and defense and that usually bites you in the ass at some point. 

Anyway, my bad. I'll go with 

On 2/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, Threadkilla said:

I drive through there every week..  Wykoff run..  

I didn't think I was going to make it back to State College Monday night coming back from Coudersport. Super dicey. Only car on the road. no tire tracks until I got behind the plow at Quehanna.

47 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

I didn't think I was going to make it back to State College Monday night coming back from Coudersport. Super dicey. Only car on the road. no tire tracks until I got behind the plow at Quehanna.

That's my route.  It's preety smooth sailing from Coudy until you get to Sinnemahoning then it gets real sketchy in the winter.  

As others have said, Vito is not a sleeper. An underdog, yes.

Draw a circle, place a Gumby action figure in to be Vito (obviously) and then add a Pokey horse to be Fix (again, obviously.) Toss in a fast-moving Jart as RBY and boom - you've got the results of the semifinal match on the top half of the bracket (if Vito were to get the 4 seed) leaving the two remaining characters for the finals. It's so simple. Don't overthink it.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JeanGuy said:

59 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

That's my route.  It's preety smooth sailing from Coudy until you get to Sinnemahoning then it gets real sketchy in the winter.  

That's a beautiful drive.  I've been through there a few times but always in the daylight on a nice day.  It's not the end of the earth, but you can see the end from there.  I'll pass in the snow, esp at night.

• Fire 1

• 3 weeks later...