Iowa State vs Wisconsin predictions

flyingcement

7 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

I'll be on the call for this one. i'll take Carr over Hamiti. i want to say people picking Hamiti are crazy. if hamiti wins i'll come back and edit this after @BobDole changes the settings. 

another thing i'm interested to see is who ISU sends at 174. Broderson lost in wrestle offs. not sure what to make of it. overall his results are solid but i'd be lying if i said im kinda hoping they put MJ Gaitan in. 

Admins have full immunity to edit without restrictions.

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

On the one hand you're probably right overall that my picks were a bit biased toward Iowa State based on consensus.  Not intentionally so, but looking at them after the fact, it does seem to be.  On the other hand, Hamiti over Carr and Zargo over Swiderski are probably not as common for most folks (I know you were the first to voice the former, but I think we are in the minority)

What has swiderski done?

I'll im aware of is that he got a push from Flo, and lazy four eyed ignorant dorks like Pyles do this based on which coaches take the time to bully them.

• Haha 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

What has swiderski done?

I'll im aware of is that he got a push from Flo, and lazy four eyed ignorant dorks like Pyles do this based on which coaches take the time to bully them.

Swiderski went and beat Mendez twice in convincing fashion while Mendez was running train on the senior circuit.  Swiderski talked and walked the walk there and he kept on talking when it came ti wrestling as a true frosh.  I have my concerns that he has been lifting hard and heavy to get bigger, faster, and stronger and he outgrew 141.  He was 145+ the last two high school seasons, bumping to 160 for the team a lot.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Evidence above where I tested out the hide function, my reply disappeared for a time then somehow administratively reappeared.  🤔

One might overlook the need to type a reason for hiding and select 'Save' after they choose 'hide' from the ... option.

image.thumb.png.546331a3ea67207826cfeb05c6780a34.png

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Swiderski went and beat Mendez twice in convincing fashion while Mendez was running train on the senior circuit.  Swiderski talked and walked the walk there and he kept on talking when it came ti wrestling as a true frosh.  I have my concerns that he has been lifting hard and heavy to get bigger, faster, and stronger and he outgrew 141.  He was 145+ the last two high school seasons, bumping to 160 for the team a lot.

Not convinced. Thank you for the info though.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, jross said:

One might overlook the need to type a reason for hiding and select 'Save' after they choose 'hide' from the ... option.

image.thumb.png.546331a3ea67207826cfeb05c6780a34.png

I did, typed "just for fun" knowing that would get Bob's attention 😉 then Save.  

Like said it disappeared and then later came back, figured Bob thought I'd had "just enough fun."  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

🙂

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 6:00 PM, flyingcement said:

125: Eric Barnett dec Kysen Terukina 3-0

133: Zach Redding dec Taylor Lamont 3-3 (upset alert!)

141: Joey Zargo dec Casey Swiderski 6-3 (another upset sort of)

149: Austin Gomez dec Paniro Johnson 9-3

157: Garret Model dec Jason Kraisser 12-3

165: Dean Hamiti dec David Carr 15-3

174: Julien Brodersen major dec Graham Calhoun / Josh Otto 15-7

184: Marcus Coleman major dec Tyler Dow 15-11

197: Yonger Bastida dec Braxton Amos 15-14

285: Trent Hillger dec Sam Schuyler 18-17

Wisconsin by a hair

I don't see Lamont doing much at Wiscy

12 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I predicted Redding to win, but thought it was an upset prediction and it would be by one or two points.  This is a surprise.  Redding was at 141 last year and Lamont was at 125.  You can see some size difference between them still.

I did not think for one second it was far enough away from a toss-up to be an upset for the reason you said specifically.  Also, Lamont is very much still a 125lber.  He doesn't look as if he has added any functional size to be a true 133lber.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me