Iowa v PSU - Jan. 27, 2023

Wrestleknownothing

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I couldn't help but notice you deleted the qualifier.

?????   

You mean the "Best Pizza in Iowa" qualifier?
I recall my first trip to Des Moines, to do work for Casey's on the west side, and they told me of their Pizza.  I didn't believe them---because they are Gas Station/Convenience Stores.  Boy was I shock---in a good way. 

Edited by Holtfan

5 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The highlight for PSU is when Max Dean secures the bow and arrow on Jacob Warner, pauses to give a knowing nod to the crowd, and then proceeds to empty every arrow in the quiver on poor Warner before securing a pinfall of his own.

This makes me think of the bow and arrow he put on Amos.  It looked brutal.  When he put his far knee into Amos's back it looked like he could have put a ton of leverage into it.  He could have just extended his body to put an amazing about of leverage into Amos's back.  It looked like he started to and then took his left knee out of that position, postured up and tried to touch Amos's foot to his head.  He came alarming close to succeeding.

This makes me think of the bow and arrow he put on Amos.  It looked brutal.  When he put his far knee into Amos's back it looked like he could have put a ton of leverage into it.  He could have just extended his body to put an amazing about of leverage into Amos's back.  It looked like he started to and then took his left knee out of that position, postured up and tried to touch Amos's foot to his head.  He came alarming close to succeeding.

Watch Haines vs Model. I thought Model’s foot was about to touch the back of his head. That was the best/worst I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Watch Haines vs Model. I thought Model’s foot was about to touch the back of his head. That was the best/worst I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alas, that was not a selected match.  I actually think when Dean switched to the touching the foot to the head strategy he did Amos a favor.  When he had his left knee in he could probably generate more force because he could his legs too.  The head-to-foot technique was mostly arms.  Although he may have also made the right call as the referee may have put a stop to it if he really ranked on it in that position.