12,000 calories a day

Caveira

Something a bit more than this:

Phelps eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
For breakfast, he had three fried egg sandwiches, with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, fried onions and mayonnaise, followed by three chocolate-chip pancakes. That was not all, after sandwiches and pancakes, it was time for a five-egg omelette, three sugar-coated slices of French toast, a bowl of grits, and two cups of coffee to wash down everything.

However, on the way to training if he felt like having anything more he would stop and have a go.

For lunch, he would have half-kilogram of pasta, two large ham and cheese sandwiches on white bread smothered with mayonnaise, and another set of energy drinks.

Whereas for dinner, add a pound of pasta with carbonara sauce, a large pizza, and energy drinks.

This would make up around 10,000 calories a day which should ideally feed five average men a day!

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

It takes a lot of dedication.  I don't put on weight naturally.  I stress starve typically and need to make dedicated effort to regain weight after losing it during periods of stress.  Naturally my appetite is very low.  

F*&$# You!!  🙂

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Caveira said:

In the wis v psu dual.   They just said hilger went from 215 to 265 over the summer.  He was on a 12,000 calorie daily diet?   What does that even look like.  

Culver’s was one of the scrolling mat side ads. So about ten or twelve triple bacon butter burgers.

Reminds me of a story.  When I was in high school our 250 lber was legendary for eating.  He always said when he got home from school, he would eat at his Gramas across the street, then have supper at home.  One of the other kids on the team had a car and used to give us a ride home after practice.  One night we went to the Red Barn fast food joint, like Mickey Ds.  When the girl asked what we wanted, the 250 lber said "Give me 6 Big Macs".  She said they didn't have Big Macs, they had Big Barneys.  He said "Give me 6 of them too".

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

It takes a lot of dedication.  I don't put on weight naturally.  I stress starve typically and need to make dedicated effort to regain weight after losing it during periods of stress.  Naturally my appetite is very low.  

I feel that. I can barely eat during tournaments

4 hours ago, Caveira said:

In the wis v psu dual.   They just said hilger went from 215 to 265 over the summer.  He was on a 12,000 calorie daily diet?   What does that even look like.  

Watch any of the many strongman daily diet videos to see what it looks like. I, for one, don't believe it. It would be nearly impossible to sustain that kind of diet daily. Phelps could do it because he swam for hours on end. The strongmen can do it because they are juiced up and spend half the day in the gym. And even then they struggle more with eating that many calories than anything else they do. No doubt Hilger was eating an incredible amount of food to gain that much weight, but 12,000 calories everyday is an exaggeration. 

Just now, Crotalus said:

Watch any of the many strongman daily diet videos to see what it looks like. I, for one, don't believe it. It would be nearly impossible to sustain that kind of diet daily. Phelps could do it because he swam for hours on end. The strongmen can do it because they are juiced up and spend half the day in the gym. And even then they struggle more with eating that many calories than anything else they do. No doubt Hilger was eating an incredible amount of food to gain that much weight, but 12,000 calories everyday is an exaggeration. 

Lineman in FB have this struggle also.  Tough to maintain 350 lbs, I guess.

4 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I am telling you guys, there is something wrong here. Cement doesn't fly and people in the US do not struggle to put on weight. 

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

There was a great article on ESPN two years ago about the unnatural amount of weight gain required to be an offensive lineman in the NFL. Great read if you have the time:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29399747/how-nfl-offensive-linemen-escape-5000-calorie-lunch-transform-retirement

Soonbto be Hall of Famer Joe Thomas BETWEEN meals for example:

Thomas finds a McDonald's on the GPS. It will be quick -- just a bit of fuel between lunch and dinner. He orders two double cheeseburgers, two McChickens, a double quarter-pounder with cheese, one large order of fries and a large Dr. Pepper.

"Or another sugary drink," he said recently. "Just to add 500 calories, the easy way."

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

Phelps swam a lot.  A real lot.  But spending large amounts of time in the water also has thermogenic effects that go beyond just the (considerable) exercise of elite swimmers.

I heard a study quoted on a podcast.  It was either Attia or Huberman.  Can't remember.

Phelps swam a lot.  A real lot.  But spending large amounts of time in the water also has thermogenic effects that go beyond just the (considerable) exercise of elite swimmers.
I heard a study quoted on a podcast.  It was either Attia or Huberman.  Can't remember.

Attia does some good stuff.

Here’s a bicycle ride that blows my mind. By my calcs, this is 7000+ calories burned in about 5.5hrs.

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/kristoff-averages-insane-345-watts-for-5-hours-26-minutes-to-win-gent-wevelgem/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, flyingcement said:

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Well @flyingcement lives a lot closer to the ocean than I do so ...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, manatree said:

Culver’s was one of the scrolling mat side ads. So about ten or twelve triple bacon butter burgers.

I always said I could have been a GREAT HWT!

Seriously though...I don't get how people can move after some of these meals. They just had a buy a Quarter pounder, get one for a buck. Well...I don't go to McDonalds often, but I can't pass up a deal like that!

So, two Quarter Pounders with Cheese.

I was on my back drooling 20 minutes later and felt like I could feel my stomach tearing(and I'm not a little guy). 

And yet, I've seen my Dad, a 55 year old man put away 2 Quarter Pounders, a Big Mac, a Flurry(large fry and a coke)...and then go to his 2 pound bag of M and Ms. He's 6'1 180 and has the energy of a 20 year old.

• Fire 1