Mesenbrick Vs Sasso

CowboyYe2024

I don't know that this needs to happen, though.  Unless Sasso is lights out what he was before, jumping two weights and going against Mesenbrink is just a health hazard waiting to happen.

• Bob 1
  • Jagger 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't know that this needs to happen, though.  Unless Sasso is lights out what he was before, jumping two weights and going against Mesenbrink is just a health hazard waiting to happen.

Although, I think MM did get cradled at least once last year, maybe even in a match that he won by tech?

Banking on Sasso to be as successful as he had been is a big stretch.  Up 2 weights (weight classes do matter), and surviving a serious gunshot would to his core (which his style relies upon immensely).  

I wish him the best and would love to see the Cinderella story of the comeback, but it's a LOT to overcome.  

I do not think this is a close match personally. I do think if sammy is at his best there could be some fun positions to watch though. I remember nico ruiz I believe cradling Messenbrink at the black knight and then hepner locked up two I believe in the dual but did not get a turn. Sammy probably has the best crack down corner sit cradle I have ever seen so I would love to see that position play out especially if we are getting to see big Hoss Sammy. Being realistic it's hard to imagine Sammy being back to 100% I would love if he is but even at that even though I think 70kg was his optimal weight thats still 11lbs down from 165.

I would predict Mesenbrink by MD even if Sasso was 100%.

Sasso’s game worked great at 149 because he was absolutely huge for the weight. He was taller and longer than everyone he wrestled. He won’t have that advantage over Mesenbrink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Jagger 1

12 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I think sasso is sort of modest in term of talent. He does everything pretty well, but thats not how you win NCAAs...

I don't think Sasso is capable of generating enough of his own offense to beat Mesenbrink. Sure, he might be able to beat him in a scramble off of MM's shot. He might lock up a cradle, and might be able to deck him.

But unless he's able to score early and build up several minutes of riding time, Mesenbrink will run him down. If MM scores first, game over, in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I don't think Sasso is capable of generating enough of his own offense to beat Mesenbrink. Sure, he might be able to beat him in a scramble off of MM's shot. He might lock up a cradle, and might be able to deck him.

But unless he's able to score early and build up several minutes of riding time, Mesenbrink will run him down. If MM scores first, game over, in my opinion.

he's not gonna build a lead on him or cradle him, and riding him up to weights is not gonna happen either. Some people cut weight cause they have to.

Edited by Hammerlock3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."