Tyreek Hill

Bigbrog

So what are everyone's thoughts on this?  Now that the body cam footage is coming out, I can see why he was pulled out of the car.  Not sure how people think if you give the cops attitude for no reason and don't listen to their instructions these things won't happen??

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

So what are everyone's thoughts on this?  Now that the body cam footage is coming out, I can see why he was pulled out of the car.  Not sure how people think if you give the cops attitude for no reason and don't listen to their instructions these things won't happen??

Is it true he was going 100 mph in a working zone? When you don't roll down your window then you have the balls to tell the cop to just give you your ticket so you can go . Then you just roll up your very dark tinted window. Tyreek was using some really poor judgement. 

15 minutes ago, ionel said:

If the cops did something wrong I'd be curious to know what?  I didn't see anything.  

Depends on what their policy says about how to act in this situation. The cops got on the muscle fast. One of them was placed on administrative duties amid the investigation, suggesting those in charge at least have some questions.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Isn’t reckless endangerment larger than a misdemeanor usually?   I’ve always been taught by family/friends I know in law enforcement…….  That you can be taken to the station and held if your x over the speed limit.  I forgot x as I don’t drive like that….. but 10/15+ over the speed limit you can be physically arrested and charged with reckless endangerment.  

Now…. That info is old.  And before the defund the police and the steal up to $1000 with no penalty …. No cash bail crazies took over.   So that.  

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Depends on what their policy says about how to act in this situation. The cops got on the muscle fast. One of them was placed on administrative duties amid the investigation, suggesting those in charge at least have some questions.

Seems sop in a high profile case till investigation conclusions.  

• Bob 1

Just watched the vid.  I don’t know how one could argue he should not have been arrested…. Especially going 100mph (if true)….   Where was he supposedly speeding.  On the highway/interstate or urban streets.  There is a sidewalk so this seems cray cray dangerous if he was doing 100mph there.  Also looks like rush hour ish traffic?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTFRBN5Kc/

The fact that some of y'all are ok with how the cops treated a guy just because they didn't like his attitude is wild.  Especially given how they start and escalate the physical contact for no reason at all. He's getting out of the car.

Miami-Dade police are renowned throughout the state for a problem with brutality and accountability.

• Fire 1

Like.  No reason at all?   Is driving 100+ mph endangering peoples lives a reason?  Is demanding  approx 7 times to get out of the car and not complying nothing?  Is acting like an unpredictable crazy person no reason at all?    

• Bob 2

I'm surprised those tinted side windows are legal in the state.  Those didn't just look dark they looked impossible to see thru.  Most states I've lived in do not allow as dark of tint on the driver side window as the rear passenger window.  

• Bob 1

I think Tyreek felt he was too important to be treated such.    I would say driving 100mph is reason to pull someone over.   Refusal to comply with police orders is a reason to pull someone out of the car.  Was it a black man driving 100mph or was it just an individual driving 100mph.   Apparently the windows were so tinted Tyreek couldn't be seen so how did the minority racial cop know the driver was a minority racial person?

Seems like Tyreek was out of line here. 

mspart

• Bob 1

36 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Like.  No reason at all?   Is driving 100+ mph endangering peoples lives a reason?  Is demanding  approx 7 times to get out of the car and not complying nothing?  Is acting like an unpredictable crazy person no reason at all?    

Yes, there was no reason to physically grab him and throw him to the ground.  They told him to get out of the car, and he was getting out of the car.  I'm not saying he was pleasant with them, but it's weird to see the First Amendment Warriors in here saying it's ok to treat someone this way due to words.  And don't tell me it's because of the driving pattern, because it very CLEARLY was not the driving pattern that got him pulled out of the car, it was the attitude that they didn't like.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yes, there was no reason to physically grab him and throw him to the ground.  They told him to get out of the car, and he was getting out of the car.  I'm not saying he was pleasant with them, but it's weird to see the First Amendment Warriors in here saying it's ok to treat someone this way due to words.  And don't tell me it's because of the driving pattern, because it very CLEARLY was not the driving pattern that got him pulled out of the car, it was the attitude that they didn't like.

I missed/didn't see any "throw to the ground."  Was it a full 4 point back exposure move?  Me thinks you are overstating a bit.  

How does that First Amendment come into play when someone won't follow instructions?

Edited by ionel
  • Bob 1

33 minutes ago, ionel said:

I missed/didn't see any "throw to the ground."  Was it a full 4 point back exposure move?  Me thinks you are overstating a bit.  

How does that First Amendment come into play when someone won't follow instructions?

He was following instructions.  He's literally stepping out of the car when they grab him and throw him to the ground.  The door was opened at 57 seconds of the video, and his foot is stepping out immediately, and they have already grabbed him.  The lengths some will go to justify trampling on people's rights is bananas.  This all happened because they didn't like how they were spoken to.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/dolphins/2024/09/09/police-release-video-of-confrontation-with-miami-dolphins-tyreek-hill/75152073007/

Edited by VakAttack
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

He was following instructions.  He's literally stepping out of the car when they grab him and throw him to the ground.  The lengths some will go to justify trampling on people's rights is bananas.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/dolphins/2024/09/09/police-release-video-of-confrontation-with-miami-dolphins-tyreek-hill/75152073007/

Ok i watched it again, still saw no throw.

I still don't get the First Amendment thing.  Are you saying because we have free speech we can simply talk over instruction thus not needing to comply because we are talking and police can't abridge such.  Or are you saying Tyreek views his car as his church/religion and as such there can be no law requiring him to exit his car/church?

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Tyreek has only himself to blame here.   If he had acted like anyone should when pulled over by a cop, he wouldn't have had this problem.    But he decided to lip off and give attitude.   So he got attitude right back.    I did not see any bumps or scrapes on him so I think he is ok.   Big guy that's for sure.  

There's just no reason to act like that when pulled over by a cop unless you are trying to start something.   What that would accomplish I don't know, but he does not look like he is in the right here.   How were his rights trampled?   First Amendment has nothing to do with this.   He was driving against the law (100mph) and got caught and was mad about it.   Be a man, accept responsibility and do what you are told.   If he had, this would have ended differently I think.   It was his choice.  

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

The fact that some of y'all are ok with how the cops treated a guy just because they didn't like his attitude is wild.  Especially given how they start and escalate the physical contact for no reason at all. He's getting out of the car.

Miami-Dade police are renowned throughout the state for a problem with brutality and accountability.

i didn't watch any video.

i just know if i was doing 105 in 35, the cop would be very angry with me. no matter my attitude after the fact.

• Bob 1

27 minutes ago, mspart said:

I did not see any bumps or scrapes on him so I think he is ok.  

He evidently didn't break a leg, hard to run 80 yd on a broken leg.

I've always been a fan of his football ability, loved watching him play.  Was not a fan of what he did to his girl friend he got the same consequences as AJ.  Same with this interaction, not a fan of it.