Are Republicans Insecure About Their Masculinity?

I've noticed a growing trend of Republicans gravitating toward leaders that are "strong." When I say "strong," I really mean, rigid, unwilling to admit mistakes, unwilling to compromise, aggressive toward anybody that disagrees with them, and doing whatever it takes to "win," including lying about anything and everything. They also complained constantly about Biden's physical weakness and health, insisting that we need somebody that is strong. So, I don't think this is strong but Republicans really like these types of people. 

Evidence? Look at the GOP nominee. Also, look at the people that spoke at the RNC, such as Hulk Hogan and the President of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Dana White. Trump called Kim Jong Un a "real boss" or something to that effect, and is very much a fan of combat sports. Shakes his fist and says "fight" when he's grazed in the ear by a bullet, and the Republicans LOVE it. His minions call him Braveheart and a "tough SOB" instead of talking about his actual policies. I could go on and on. 

They also have a fascination with general military service, even though it is basically just another job, unless you've been in actual combat, special forces, etc. 

A disproportionate amount of Republicans (by far) think women shouldn't have rights over their own bodies, think women should stay home and get pregnant and stay in the kitchen (or better yet, actually get pregnant IN the kitchen. 

MANY members of their party campaign on an image of a tough guy wearing cowboy boots and cowboy hat and/or carrying a rifle. 

I"m just wondering where this insecurity comes from? Discuss. 

Edited by red viking
  • Fire 1

Boy, you hit all the stereotypes there didn't you?  

Interestingly, this is how the press is trying to portray Walz, so I think a little projection is going on here.  Tough, Hunter, Coach, Teacher, wears Carhart gear.   Tough guy. 

mspart

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

Boy, you hit all the stereotypes there didn't you?  

Interestingly, this is how the press is trying to portray Walz, so I think a little projection is going on here.  Tough, Hunter, Coach, Teacher, wears Carhart gear.   Tough guy. 

mspart

Maybe a little. I do recall him/them bragging about his military record. Don't remember the Carharts or hunting. I forgot to mention all the hunting photos of Republicans, wearing their camouflage. I know people have mentioned him being a football coach. Teachers aren't typically thought of as "tough guys" though so I don't know why you threw that in there. 

1 minute ago, red viking said:

Teachers aren't typically thought of as "tough guys" though so I don't know why you threw that in there. 

Aren't most high school football and wrestling coaches teachers?

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, red viking said:

Maybe a little. I do recall him/them bragging about his military record. Don't remember the Carharts or hunting. I forgot to mention all the hunting photos of Republicans, wearing their camouflage. I know people have mentioned him being a football coach. Teachers aren't typically thought of as "tough guys" though so I don't know why you threw that in there. 

https://www.gq.com/story/tim-walz-workwear-style-2024-election

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/08/nx-s1-5067043/tim-walz-carhartt-camo

Wears Carhart.  Makes it look natural!!

https://www.animals24-7.org/2024/08/07/demo-vp-nominee-tim-walz-hunts-but-loves-cats-is-hated-by-gun-lobby/

He hunts even.

RV, you seem to be not too informed about your VP candidate.   This is what the Ds are trying to sell.   And now you are saying this is an R thing.    It appears to be a D thing.  Again, projection. 

mspart

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, mspart said:

https://www.gq.com/story/tim-walz-workwear-style-2024-election

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/08/nx-s1-5067043/tim-walz-carhartt-camo

Wears Carhart.  Makes it look natural!!

https://www.animals24-7.org/2024/08/07/demo-vp-nominee-tim-walz-hunts-but-loves-cats-is-hated-by-gun-lobby/

He hunts even.

RV, you seem to be not too informed about your VP candidate.   This is what the Ds are trying to sell.   And now you are saying this is an R thing.    It appears to be a D thing.  Again, projection. 

mspart

LOL. You know the GOPs use those images WAY more than Democrats. I admit that maybe he's using those. I just haven't been following him (or Vance) since he's at the bottom of the ticket. 

Not really a projection based upon 2024 Presidential election, or at all. I've pointed this out on the Open Mat Forum a bunchy of times (when it existed). 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Weren't vikings tough guys?  Aren't red vikings with horns projecting an even tougher image?  What is up with that ... insecurity?  🤔

Mascot for my college. I also have red hair, so that's where that came from. 

I don't try to sell myself as a true "viking" but maybe I would if I were a winger. 

Edited by red viking

1 hour ago, red viking said:

I've noticed a growing trend of Republicans gravitating toward leaders that are "strong." When I say "strong," I really mean, rigid, unwilling to admit mistakes, unwilling to compromise, aggressive toward anybody that disagrees with them, and doing whatever it takes to "win," including lying about anything and everything. They also complained constantly about Biden's physical weakness and health, insisting that we need somebody that is strong. So, I don't think this is strong but Republicans really like these types of people. 

Evidence? Look at the GOP nominee. Also, look at the people that spoke at the RNC, such as Hulk Hogan and the President of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Dana White. Trump called Kim Jong Un a "real boss" or something to that effect, and is very much a fan of combat sports. Shakes his fist and says "fight" when he's grazed in the ear by a bullet, and the Republicans LOVE it. His minions call him Braveheart and a "tough SOB" instead of talking about his actual policies. I could go on and on. 

They also have a fascination with general military service, even though it is basically just another job, unless you've been in actual combat, special forces, etc. 

A disproportionate amount of Republicans (by far) think women shouldn't have rights over their own bodies, think women should stay home and get pregnant and stay in the kitchen (or better yet, actually get pregnant IN the kitchen. 

MANY members of their party campaign on an image of a tough guy wearing cowboy boots and cowboy hat and/or carrying a rifle. 

Who really cares??

And you taking the time to type out all of this crap says a lot more about you than a guy that wears a cowboy hat and boots and votes republican.  Who is the insecure one??

• Bob 2

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

Who really cares??

And you taking the time to type out all of this crap says a lot more about you than a guy that wears a cowboy hat and boots and votes republican.  Who is the insecure one??

Wondering what is going on with the Republican psychology. I think it's fascinating. 

Why you getting all  worked up. This thread hit you in a soft spot, huh? 

• Fire 1

Just now, red viking said:

Wondering what is going on with the Republican psychology. I think it's fascinating. 

Why you getting all  worked up. This thread hit you in a soft spot, huh? 

LOL...why do you think I am all worked up...because I called you out on your b.s.??  Get some thicker skin dude.

What if someone was to do the exact same thing about democrat voters??  How many names would you and your ilk (RL/TPTD/UB) call that person...I bet a lot those names would end with 'ist" or "ism".  And the point I am making is both would be, like yours is, very stupid!!

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL...why do you think I am all worked up...because I called you out on your b.s.??  Get some thicker skin dude.

What if someone was to do the exact same thing about democrat voters??  How many names would you and your ilk (RL/TPTD/UB) call that person...I bet a lot those names would end with 'ist" or "ism".  And the point I am making is both would be, like yours is, very stupid!!

If all these guys run on their masculinity, it obviously must work. A lot of the wingers out there must really like candidates that ooze masculinity.  Maybe a lot more important than their actual policies. Just wondering why. Again, fascinating. 

Do you want to align your voting with Hulk Hogan? What an intellectual that guy is. 

3 minutes ago, red viking said:

If all these guys run on their masculinity, it obviously must work. A lot of the wingers out there must really like candidates that ooze masculinity.  Maybe a lot more important than their actual policies. Just wondering why. Again, fascinating. 

Do you want to align your voting with Hulk Hogan? What an intellectual that guy is. 

You just can't stop can you??  Why are you afraid of masculinity??

Maybe unlike you, I don't align my voting based on anyone else...it is my personal choice and base it mainly on policy and definitely not party

Jimi - a great guitar player who died way too early of self destruction.   This was perhaps a more lucid  moment.

He is buried not too far from where I live.   https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jimi-hendrixs-remains-moved-190935/

I have been to his memorial a number of times through the years.   He was born in Renton WA.   He is buried in Renton WA. 

Funny story, he played with the Isley brothers for a short time.   They were at a concert and another band was there and they were a little worried that they had two guitar players.   But one of the band said, "They've got 2 guitar players, but we've got Jimi"   You can see this recalled in this interview;  

mspart

2 hours ago, red viking said:

Ma’am, you sure you’re in the right spot? This here’s a wrestling forum, not a dance studio.

Ain't nothing wrong with protecting future tricycle motors.  

If @red viking woke up on the other side...

I’ve noticed that Democrats are all about electing leaders who are the very definition of “woke.” When I say “woke,” I mean they’re quick to jump on every new bandwagon, are all about virtue signaling, and can’t get enough of debating the latest social issue, even if it means turning every conversation into a game of ideological one-upmanship. They’ve been dissing Trump for being stuck in the past while they’re busy riding the wave of the latest trend, like it’s a contest to see who can be the most outraged.

Evidence? Just look at the Democratic hopefuls. They’re always surrounded by celebs and activists who champion the latest causes like they’re winning trophies. They’re more interested in posting their “I’m so progressive” selfies than actually discussing practical policies. They cheer on the loudest voices on social media and act like they’re saving the world one hashtag at a time. I could go on and on.

And don’t get me started on their obsession with identity politics! It’s like a never-ending parade of who’s the most enlightened, even if it means ignoring common sense or practical solutions.

A huge chunk of Democrats seem to think that running on a platform of feel-good slogans and social justice is the ultimate answer, without always considering how to make those ideas work in the real world.

MANY of them campaign on a “look how woke I am” image, complete with activist chic and a side of social media outrage.

I’m just wondering if this is really about progress or if it’s just a never-ending quest for ideological brownie points. 

Discuss.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, jross said:

If @red viking woke up on the other side...

I’ve noticed that Democrats are all about electing leaders who are the very definition of “woke.” When I say “woke,” I mean they’re quick to jump on every new bandwagon, are all about virtue signaling, and can’t get enough of debating the latest social issue, even if it means turning every conversation into a game of ideological one-upmanship. They’ve been dissing Trump for being stuck in the past while they’re busy riding the wave of the latest trend, like it’s a contest to see who can be the most outraged.

Evidence? Just look at the Democratic hopefuls. They’re always surrounded by celebs and activists who champion the latest causes like they’re winning trophies. They’re more interested in posting their “I’m so progressive” selfies than actually discussing practical policies. They cheer on the loudest voices on social media and act like they’re saving the world one hashtag at a time. I could go on and on.

And don’t get me started on their obsession with identity politics! It’s like a never-ending parade of who’s the most enlightened, even if it means ignoring common sense or practical solutions.

A huge chunk of Democrats seem to think that running on a platform of feel-good slogans and social justice is the ultimate answer, without always considering how to make those ideas work in the real world.

MANY of them campaign on a “look how woke I am” image, complete with activist chic and a side of social media outrage.

I’m just wondering if this is really about progress or if it’s just a never-ending quest for ideological brownie points. 

Discuss.

I think you have spelled this out very well.   Nothing left to discuss. 

mspart

5 hours ago, red viking said:

Biden. Biden. Biden. Biden insisted he was strong.  He makes up lies about himself and his upbringing.. .he isn't secure in his masculinity.

now.. do walz

Trump doesn't have any.

A majority of Dems think women should be ok with men taking their place.

talk to corn pop.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Caveira said:

Woke.  Woke ist.   Haha.   Hehe.    Heeee heee.  Gotta be the super woke or whatever 

I mean don’t just fall out of a coconut tree and bonk your head.  

What is even more telling is watch the other women's faces when she says what she says and starts laughing extremely awkwardly.

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, Caveira said:

Woke.  Woke ist.   Haha.   Hehe.    Heeee heee.  Gotta be the super woke or whatever 

I mean don’t just fall out of a coconut tree and bonk your head.  

Maybe she was confused and meant to say: you have to stay drunk.

I really feel like it could've been woke or drunk.  

🙅‍♀️

• Bob 1