David Taylor kicks started Jordan Williams off the team!

poke1

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

You pearl clutchers crack me up. Its college wrestling. This happens. Kicking a young man off the team who is in need of help is lame. Taylor is going to lose the team. Countdown to self destruction initiated. 

I always root for the guys who are in these type of situations

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

You pearl clutchers crack me up. Its college wrestling. This happens. Kicking a young man off the team who is in need of help is lame. Taylor is going to lose the team. Countdown to self destruction initiated. 

No he won't. Cael did the exact same thing when he started at PSU.

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

You may be speaking of the young man Garrett Grice.  However, ISU is founded on the principles of forgiveness as taught by Jesus Christ.  Oklahoma State teaches the values of eye for an eye, as consistent with the Ionel Principles 🍌

Wait a minute ... have you read my book?  

• Jagger 1

11 hours ago, poke1 said:

Jordan Williams was dismissed from the team due to being arrested for Public intoxication.

Looks like The Unicorn runs a tighter ship than Carl.  Ed Ruth never would have survived a Tuesday night food run to Taco Bell under DT's watch.

1 hour ago, WrestlingRash said:

If I got multiple DUI’s at my job I would get canned. 

• Bob 1
  • Potato 1

1 hour ago, billyhoyle said:

Not right away (long at first ,Ruth, the Alton’s could party) he made plenty of exceptions in his time at PSU , seems Taylor is jumping right into the Pat pop way of doing business 

Edited by Antitroll2828
  • Bob 1

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

Not really... Ruth only got a one-month suspension (mid-Nov to mid-Dec).  I'm sure PSU's schedule had a lot of events in that timeframe.

https://onwardstate.com/2013/12/02/top-ranked-penn-state-wrestler-ed-ruth-charged-with-dui/

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Not right away (long at first ,Ruth, the Alton’s could party) he made plenty of exceptions in his time at PSU , seems Taylor is jumping right into the Pat pop way of doing business 

Did I say that Cael didn't make exceptions and was lenient for his star athletes? When he took over the job, he was strict on drinking so he could clean house.  Obviously he wasn't going to kick his best wrestlers off of the team, and neither will Taylor. 

13 hours ago, Rassling said:

Nothing like broadcasting rare bad behavior from our wrestlers. It certainly promotes the brand and helps us grow, NOT. Meanwhile 99% of our wrestlers live right and do the right things. That’s what I want to hear more about. Do the right thing and delete the thread. 

Um, having spent a lifetime with wrestlers, these are gently inaccurate percentages.

Also, this is great for OSU, just part of continuing to signal and reinforce the culture shift.  There is a lot of pent up bad blood from the end of J Smith’s coaching tenure, you hear it in every interview coming out of that time period.  There's also no question that the room culture DT wrestled in and brings with him is polar opposite to what happened under J Smith.

Some guys want, even need, an outlet for their wild energy, they are by no means rare in wrestling.  But, that’s not welcome at all programs.  This is great for the sport.  Slowly chipping away at the meat head d-bag public image that so many people assume when they hear you wrestled.

I am NOT calling jordan williams that, or any other names, at all.  At that age partying is exceedingly common, especially during the summer.

He will find a home no problem.  

• Bob 2

3 hours ago, WrestlingRash said:

This is wishful thinking.  There will be turnover, but DT is the one able to demand quality, OSU is going to be right at the top for recruiting.  PSU has shown it’s better to not put up with behavior.  The “this is a privilege” approach engenders the gratitude that keeps PSU at the top.  

If you could go back, Cael would probably take a different tack with the Alton’s.  They didn’t exactly work out as recruits.  Having a reputation for hitting the fizzy wheat juice and potato water has a way of limiting progress.

• Bob 1

I see a lot of holier than thou takes on Williams , a lot of grown ass adults judging this kid but the reality is the kids father is in prison , his mother isn’t in his life and he doesn’t have much guidance , Coleman Scott and his wife were his support system last year and checked on him daily to try and keep him in line then after one year at school his support system is gone , I would bet 95 percent of you have no idea what’s it’s like to be 18 and have no parents to help you and no support system ( nevermind while wrestling D1 at one of the most prestigious programs in the sport) ,save your judgements and just hope this young man finds a place where he can get it right because the talent is there and he’s a great kid overall 

• Bob 6
  • Fire 4

7 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Did I say that Cael didn't make exceptions and was lenient for his star athletes? When he took over the job, he was strict on drinking so he could clean house.  Obviously he wasn't going to kick his best wrestlers off of the team, and neither will Taylor. 

Carl was only strict toward Bubba Jenkins... and that was to ensure a starting sport at 157 for his kid brother.

Edited by lu_alum
  • Bob 2

Maybe he should transfer to Oregon State.   They are pretty tolerant of this sort of behavior.   Or at least they were back in 2010 with Michael Mangrum.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/osu-wrestler-makes-deal-to-avoid-jail-time/283-414176626

And Oregon State's projected starter for 2025 is ranked # 88 at 149 lbs according to WS.

Edited by Thumper

29 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I see a lot of holier than thou takes on Williams , a lot of grown ass adults judging this kid but the reality is the kids father is in prison , his mother isn’t in his life and he doesn’t have much guidance , Coleman Scott and his wife were his support system last year and checked on him daily to try and keep him in line then after one year at school his support system is gone , I would bet 95 percent of you have no idea what’s it’s like to be 18 and have no parents to help you and no support system ( nevermind while wrestling D1 at one of the most prestigious programs in the sport) ,save your judgements and just hope this young man finds a place where he can get it right because the talent is there and he’s a great kid overall 

I don't see a bunch of people on this thread "hating" on Jordan Williams. I personally hope that he gets things figured out and has success elsewhere (i.e. Chance Marsteller). It is unfortunate that his family situation is difficult. I can wish him well on his future endeavors and hope that he changes his lifestyle while still understanding why OK State needed to cut ties with him and move on to ensure they set up a culture in line with the coaching staffs values and principles. This was not Williams first mistake so it is understandable what Taylor and Co. did in my opinion. 

• Bob 3

31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Maybe he should transfer to Oregon State.   They are pretty tolerant of this sort of behavior.   Or at least they were back in 2010 with Michael Mangrum.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/osu-wrestler-makes-deal-to-avoid-jail-time/283-414176626

And Oregon State's projected starter for 2025 is ranked # 88 at 149 lbs according to WS.

Who was the coach in 2010 and is he still there?  

12 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

DT setting a tone and letting the guys know there's a new boss in town.

Of course, if Williams were a national championship contender there would probably be third and fourth chances. Life isn't fair.

• Brain 1

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Sooo… Williams to Ohio State?

• Bob 1