Olympic Wrestling ... Day 5

3 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

The challenge cost her the match, no doubt, but that was a very good challenge. There was zero amplitude on that "throw," and she was never exposed. Should NOT have been a four-point technique for KGZ. Even the judge making the call did not sound sure of himself. Not the usual "Challenge LOST." More of a "challenge lost." 

I wondered if they were challenging whether it was a 4pt move. The video certainly looked like it went past 90 on exposure - thought maybe they were looking for 2 + 2 so a takedown would win. Just wasn't worth the risk. 

5 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

probably the best single match I have seen Kyle wrestle in a long time looked absolutely dialed.

8zqg28.jpg

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, Gus said:

Mongolia loses and Parris is done

Yep. What a wasted opportunity. Can't get that back!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

6 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

The challenge cost her the match, no doubt, but that was a very good challenge. There was zero amplitude on that "throw," and she was never exposed. Should NOT have been a four-point technique for KGZ. Even the judge making the call did not sound sure of himself. Not the usual "Challenge LOST." More of a "challenge lost." 

It didn’t have the amplitude but that doesn’t matter. She was on her hands and feet and definitely exposed… 4 all day. Her knee was close to being down which would make it only 2, so I’m assuming that’s what they challenged, but I could tell it was up even in full speed

Do we start a 'If we sent Gwiazdowski this ne'er would'a happened thread somewhere?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Do we start a 'If we sent Gwiazdowski this ne'er would'a happened thread somewhere?

No but we can start the ‘every time gable isn’t the US HWT rep for the next ten years it’s a wasted opportunity’ thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 2

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

It didn’t have the amplitude but that doesn’t matter. She was on her hands and feet and definitely exposed… 4 all day. Her knee was close to being down which would make it only 2, so I’m assuming that’s what they challenged, but I could tell it was up even in full speed

It looked she confirmed with her coach, "why not?". Like you said before, she should've known that, and known the risk. 

• Brain 1

No but we can start the ‘every time gable isn’t the US HWT rep for the next ten years it’s a wasted opportunity’ thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of Gable, he’s been with the NFL Bills for quite a while now. I wonder if he’ll make the roster?

1 minute ago, denger said:

It looked she confirmed with her coach, "why not?". Like you said before, she should've known that, and known the risk. 

Exactly. Unfortunately, the “why not?” Is because if you don’t challenge, a takedown and step out wins it. Lesson learned… hopefully she gets pulled back

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, headshuck said:

Speaking of Gable, he’s been with the NFL Bills for quite a while now. I wonder if he’ll make the roster?

... no.

D3

26 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Dake giving up that pushout shows how overrated he is.  Someone should ask Cael if they even practice that situation.  Got lucky in that match

Allisee is nonsense

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1