Olympic wrestling... Day 1

Still not sure I believe top Lopez is/was better than top Karelin, but five gold medals will speak for themselves.

Lopez's positioning is top notch, his low gut is unstoppable, and he is so good at conserving energy. Wonder if he will have any thoughts on 2028 after these games are said and done.

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

5 minutes ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

Still not sure I believe top Lopez is/was better than top Karelin, but five gold medals will speak for themselves.

Lopez's positioning is top notch, his low gut is unstoppable, and he is so good at conserving energy. Wonder if he will have any thoughts on 2028 after these games are said and done.

Would love to see 45-46 y/o Lopez make a 2028 run. Great storyline for him and the sport.

8 minutes ago, Quaker118 said:

When she wins the gold at 20 she is potentially on her way to being the most storied American freestyle wrestler in history!

Probably getting a bit ahead of yourself there.

16 minutes ago, Quaker118 said:

When she wins the gold at 20 she is potentially on her way to being the most storied American freestyle wrestler in history!

If Elor wins out, she'll be the new youngest US wrestler to get Olympic gold. Snyder was 20yrs 9mo 1dy when he won in Rio and Cejudo was 21yrs 6mo 10dy. Elor will be 20yrs 7mo 5dy. Gotta ease up on the GOAT talk, though.

• Fire 1

Does peacock hate Greco too?  No announcers for most of what I watched (although it’s always nice to hear [mention=17]Jason Bryant[/mention] in the background)
Whoever was announcing Elor’s match seemed confused about the slipped throw rule

Can you explain the slip throw rule? I am unaware.

Sent from my F92 E 5G using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Is Elor the best wrestler in America?

Amit Elor is the current P4P best wrestler in the world. Her coronation ceremony kicks off at the conclusion of the 15th match on Mat B tomorrow afternoon.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Does peacock hate Greco too?  No announcers for most of what I watched (although it’s always nice to hear @Jason Bryant in the background)

Whoever was announcing Elor’s match seemed confused about the slipped throw rule

12 minutes ago, boathead said:

Can you explain the slip throw rule? I am unaware.

Were you the announcer?

There were announcers but hard to hear the first session. Much better semis. Burroughs and whoever the other one is.

Basically, if you take a serious risk- generally a throw attempt and it literally slips off and you end up directly on the mat with the opponent on top not having done anything to earn it- no points.

Were you the announcer?

There were announcers but hard to hear the first session. Much better semis. Burroughs and whoever the other one is.

Basically, if you take a serious risk- generally a throw attempt and it literally slips off and you end up directly on the mat with the opponent on top not having done anything to earn it- no points.
Thanks my dude.

Sent from my F92 E 5G using Tapatalk