Olympic Boxing Controversy

Hey, let's give it the ole Austin Powers Test...

austin-powers-the-spy-who-shagged-me.gif

BUT, at times, it doesn't always work that way...

eab3tp.gif

(woops!)

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

If there were defined levels set by the governing body that she exceeded, then yes I would be OK with excluding her. 

That doesn’t make her a man though.

I do see the organization that DQ’d her from worlds is now saying it was not a testosterone test, but they aren’t saying what kind of test it actually was.  I’ve read several accusations of corruption from that organization which is probably worth mentioning though.

7 hours ago, skandar said:

Glad to see more of you revealing yourself as trash humans. The boxer is a woman and has always been a woman. Can the mods explain why this topic is allowed to stay open? What does it have to do with international wrestling?

didn’t they both test as having xy chromosones…ie males? either you are abot or a troll…another institution ruined…the Olympics were trashed long ago…why on a wrestling forum? Because we have 6 weights to wrestle when there should be 10…you the saviors of science should understand a bell curve and see immediately that 6 weights do not represent the male species while 6 might be appropriate for women…you should also recognize that dudes punching women in the face is massively uncool

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, Ched64 said:

didn’t they both test as having xy chromosones…ie males? either you are abot or a troll…another institution ruined…the Olympics were trashed long ago…why on a wrestling forum? Because we have 6 weights to wrestle when there should be 10…you the saviors of science should understand a bell curve and see immediately that 6 weights do not represent the male species while 6 might be appropriate for women…you should also recognize that dudes punching women in the face is massively uncool

No

• Bob 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

As a former boxing fan, I’m grateful to have grown up watching what became of Suger Ray Lenard, Oscar De Le Hoya, George Foreman, Muhammad Ali, etc after their Olympic wins. My Dad and I would have never in a million years dreamed of such a day as this.

Lol. 

Let's remember that there are groups dedicated to sowing social discord in the American population by creating and promoting divisive content that may or may not be based in any kind of truth. It's literally their job to push our buttons and make us argue, y'all. There's questionable validity to this story and as such there's no reason to get worked up about it.

• Bob 3
  • Fire 1

22 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

She's not trans. She's not even a dominant boxer. She didn't even medal in 2020. Her best finish is silver. People have lost their minds.

She likely has a chromosome disorder that gives her high testosterone.

Uncle B has a legit point.  Haven't found anything indicating Imane was born male.  It's important to remember to have all the facts before we claim foul.  Algeria has strict laws agains homosexuality and transgenders

• Bob 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

he first thing I saw about this was on FB. The poster added the xy aspect. He posted an article. The article said this one was dqed for testosterone. Wasn't clear about the other. I believe the quote was from IBA official. The official added that there were a number of others dqed for XY (I think he may have said over 20 but I would guess not just from that event).

Edited by gimpeltf
  • Bob 1

21 hours ago, BuckyBadger said:

In the case that this is a biological woman who happens to have abnormally high levels of testosterone, I would say it is different than a Leah Thomas situation. It’s an area of gray area as far as I’m concerned. 

But there are two things that don’t really make sense in this case.

1. A testosterone test is not a test of gender and the IBA said they both failed gender tests. 

2. The way the Italian forfeited mid bout is very weird. To me that would suggest she sensed something abnormally dangerous. It’s possible she is just using it as an excuse to quit. But if not, it doesn’t make sense.

Interested to hear how you would explain these two @uncle bernard@1032004 

It is not the first time she has quit in a bout similar to that.

Just wanted to chime in again and say ***duck** all of you dumb bigots. You’re all trash and hope you live miserable rotten lives. You’re the reason this sport is dying. The world will be better off when you’re dead and gone. I can only hope it’s sooner than later.

To the mods, ***duck** you too. It all applies to you for enabling this trash.

• Clown 4

31 minutes ago, skandar said:

Just wanted to chime in again and say ***duck** all of you dumb bigots. You’re all trash and hope you live miserable rotten lives. You’re the reason this sport is dying. The world will be better off when you’re dead and gone. I can only hope it’s sooner than later.

It sounds like you are the one filled with hate. Your comment is trash, but I don’t think the world would be better off when you are dead and gone.

• Bob 2

3 minutes ago, ExBSUfan said:

It sounds like you are the one filled with hate. Your comment is trash, but I don’t think the world would be better off when you are dead and gone.

You’re right! I do have lots of hate for bigots, racists, homophobes, and all types of people who choose to treat other humans poorly simply because they don’t like how that person was born. I hate that such a great sport of full of those types of people.

• Bob 2
  • Poopy 1
  • Clown 1

11 minutes ago, skandar said:

You’re right! I do have lots of hate for bigots, racists, homophobes, and all types of people who choose to treat other humans poorly simply because they don’t like how that person was born. I hate that such a great sport of full of those types of people.

You sure? It just sounds like you hate someone who has a different opinion than you do. As deplorable as it is to be racist or a bigot, it’s still just a person’s opinion, nothing more nothing less, and wishing death on somebody else does not help your cause. Keep fighting the good fight, but do it differently if you want people to actually pay attention and listen to your opinion.

• Bob 1
  • Clown 1

21 minutes ago, skandar said:

Objecting to biological men competing against biological women is bigotry, racist, and homophobic?  

• Bob 2
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, skandar said:

Wow! That escalated quickly. It’s sad that there can’t be understanding on both sides. If you are the one crying that there’s too much hate, start the change with yourself. Try to understand people with a different perspective than you. Some people saw a headline or a meme and believed that a biological male was physically beating a woman. I’d hope everyone would be upset if that was the case. Now I wish people didn’t jump to conclusions without knowing all the details, but if you consider what people believe, it’s easier to be understanding. Maybe they aren’t a bad person… maybe they just don’t know the truth. In this instance, it seems like no one really knows the whole truth yet so it’s best to be understanding on both sides

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

Bernard has this one right. She has never had any issues with testing before or after the one match with a Russian where they won’t say anything about the “test” they ran to besides it wasn’t testosterone. The testing organization, whose head is Russian, is so corrupt that the IOC banned them and is running the boxing tournament themselves. 

It shouldn’t be getting any more press because it’s completely false.

• Bob 1

It's horrible what some influencers--like Musk--have done to her. Khelif was born a woman, intersexual (what used to be called hermaphrodite). She has identified as a woman her whole life, and her birth certificate lists her as female. Algeria wouldn't let her represent the country if she were trans, as that's illegal there. Khelif has worked hard to get to this point, and deserves respect.

• Bob 2

3 hours ago, ExBSUfan said:

You sure? It just sounds like you hate someone who has a different opinion than you do. As deplorable as it is to be racist or a bigot, it’s still just a person’s opinion, nothing more nothing less, and wishing death on somebody else does not help your cause. Keep fighting the good fight, but do it differently if you want people to actually pay attention and listen to your opinion.

lol when your opinion is the same as Hitler’s I’m totally fine with hating you.

• Clown 2

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Objecting to biological men competing against biological women is bigotry, racist, and homophobic?  

Yeah except the boxer isn’t and has never been a biological man. Learn about what the ***duck** you’re talking about dumbass

• Poopy 1

18 minutes ago, skandar said:

Yeah except the boxer isn’t and has never been a biological man. Learn about what the ***duck** you’re talking about dumbass

5 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Uncle B has a legit point.  Haven't found anything indicating Imane was born male.  It's important to remember to have all the facts before we claim foul.  Algeria has strict laws agains homosexuality and transgenders

Learn to read through the thread dumbass

• Bob 1