Its over. Joe Biden is stepping down

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

scared shitless lol

pretending to laugh as a show of fake confidence makes it look like you post to serve your ego and not your knowledge.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I didn’t see the dimocrat ballot, but the Republican ballot didn’t have any vice presidents on it.  Trump didn’t even choose his till last week and Biden could have changed his, as some dims wanted.  So I don’t think you can honestly say she got any votes. 

I have to say it... You're posting like a rotten little hateful bastard. 

Can't bring yourself to have a meaningful post without insulting the other participants in the election. It's pathetic.

In no world, and in no conceivable way, does a shitty post insulting the 'other' party improve anything or anyone in any meaningful way.

It's become obvious.

You aren't looking for positivity, you're just a hateful bastard trying to stir up trouble that helps nobody in the US.

What country did you say you were from, again?

Edited by RockLobster
  • Clown 3

Thank you President Biden for your service. Not only the last 4 years but your entire career. I speak for many Americans when I say that I appreciate your patriotism and love for your country. You put the country's best interest ahead of your own in this incredibly important moment in American history. We know that your opponent would never do something like that, regardless of his age or health. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clown 2

1 hour ago, red viking said:

Thank you President Biden for your service. Not only the last 4 years but your entire career. I speak for many Americans when I say that I appreciate your patriotism and love for your country. You put the country's best interest ahead of your own in this incredibly important moment in American history. We know that your opponent would never do something like that, regardless of his age or health. 

Joe was forced out. He was given the ultimatum step down or we will do this the hard way. The Democrat leaders new there was no path to victory with Joe. The Democrat leaders had to force him out because all of the down ballots in the Senate and the Congress were being affected, plus all the donor money was drying up. With Biden they could lose all 3. The Presidency, The Senate and the Congress. I'm not sure being forced out is being very heroic.

Just a quick timeline for everyone to consider: Biden says 20x that he’s not dropping out and that he won’t be pushed out by party elites. He gets COVID. Goes out of sight for a few days. His campaign co-chair says emphatically that Joe is NOT leaving the race. Period. A few hours later his X account posts that he IS leaving the race via a screenshot document with absolutely no proof that he’s behind it. Joe Biden’s campaign aides and staff say that they found out via X.com, not from the Biden’s. 24 hours later, Joe still hasn’t shown his face to confirm that it’s his statement but Kamala secured enough delegates to be the nominee within those 24 hours since his post.

Biden's X.com account now has a Kamala ad as his profile header, their campaign HQ has been redone to eliminate Biden name. Kamala holds a small event where she begins to say that he’s on a "recor…." Then says "phone" and we hear a strange back and forth that feels totally unnatural. All of this is via phone like we’re living in the 1940’s glued to the radio for news. No visual is shown of him. All of this occurs with no proof that it’s Joe. Maybe he did this but even if he did, this is BIZARRE and yet the media is pretending it’s normal.

https://x.com/robbystarbuck/status/1815573763443827103

--------------

We hear this framing about a great job performed...

We don't hear how Joe Biden's health is.  Is he going to be okay?

• Bob 1

10 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Joe was forced out. He was given the ultimatum step down or we will do this the hard way. The Democrat leaders new there was no path to victory with Joe. The Democrat leaders had to force him out because all of the down ballots in the Senate and the Congress were being affected, plus all the donor money was drying up. With Biden they could lose all 3. The Presidency, The Senate and the Congress. I'm not sure being forced out is being very heroic.

He wasn't forced out. They did put pressure on him. Trump would NOT have done the same thing if the same thing happened to him. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, jross said:

Just a quick timeline for everyone to consider: Biden says 20x that he’s not dropping out and that he won’t be pushed out by party elites. He gets COVID. Goes out of sight for a few days. His campaign co-chair says emphatically that Joe is NOT leaving the race. Period. A few hours later his X account posts that he IS leaving the race via a screenshot document with absolutely no proof that he’s behind it. Joe Biden’s campaign aides and staff say that they found out via X.com, not from the Biden’s. 24 hours later, Joe still hasn’t shown his face to confirm that it’s his statement but Kamala secured enough delegates to be the nominee within those 24 hours since his post.

Biden's X.com account now has a Kamala ad as his profile header, their campaign HQ has been redone to eliminate Biden name. Kamala holds a small event where she begins to say that he’s on a "recor…." Then says "phone" and we hear a strange back and forth that feels totally unnatural. All of this is via phone like we’re living in the 1940’s glued to the radio for news. No visual is shown of him. All of this occurs with no proof that it’s Joe. Maybe he did this but even if he did, this is BIZARRE and yet the media is pretending it’s normal.

https://x.com/robbystarbuck/status/1815573763443827103

--------------

We hear this framing about a great job performed...

We don't hear how Joe Biden's health is.  Is he going to be okay?

What specifically is so bizarre? A candidate needs to insist on staying in until he/she decides to get out. You can't say "well, I'm thinking of dropping out" and then stay in the race because that would be political suicide. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Kind of disappointed that Biden didn't address the nation when he decided to step down

Probably because he had COVID and is in a weakened condition with a potentially raspy voice. 

• Fire 1

57 minutes ago, red viking said:

What specifically is so bizarre? A candidate needs to insist on staying in until he/she decides to get out. You can't say "well, I'm thinking of dropping out" and then stay in the race because that would be political suicide. 

Pelosi gave him 3 weeks to step down or we will force you out. Please do a little research. The big donors were cutting off the money to his campaign if he did not step down. All the media outlets had been reporting this. Many of the donors had already turned off the money.

Yes, it is a fact the Ds were turning on him.   No money, losing support in Congress.   It wouldn't take much with his Hunter issues to force him out.   A little arm twisting and he decided that would not be worth it.  

mspart

• Poopy 1

32 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Pelosi gave him 3 weeks to step down or we will force you out. Please do a little research. The big donors were cutting off the money to his campaign if he did not step down. All the media outlets had been reporting this. Many of the donors had already turned off the money.

OK. but what's so "bizarre" about any of that (assuming that you are correct, which is a big assumption because none of us were privy to Pelosi's conversation w/ him)? 

18 minutes ago, mspart said:

Yes, it is a fact the Ds were turning on him.   No money, losing support in Congress.   It wouldn't take much with his Hunter issues to force him out.   A little arm twisting and he decided that would not be worth it.  

mspart

Hunter has zero to do with any of this. 

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

scared shitless lol

Uncle B and @WrestlingRasta are you guys just teasing the posters on this thread or in general you think maga supporters are freaking out?  I've never voted for trump and never will but this election is pretty much in the bag.  At this point it's Dems trying to hold on to as many seats in the House and Senate.  All the indicators are there that Trump is far ahead on the electoral map.  But I get it.  It's a ln election year so both sides have to go full delusional 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

Uncle B and @WrestlingRasta are you guys just teasing the posters on this thread or in general you think maga supporters are freaking out?  I've never voted for trump and never will but this election is pretty much in the bag.  At this point it's Dems trying to hold on to as many seats in the House and Senate.  All the indicators are there that Trump is far ahead on the electoral map.  But I get it.  It's a ln election year so both sides have to go full delusional 

I don't have a dog in the race, but yes I see MAGA freaking out.  I see: "he can't drop out" (why would they want him to not drop out), but then also "he has to leave now".   But mostly I see them not wanting him to drop out, when they spent the last three and a half years not wanting him as pres.

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Very early to say it's I the bag. With a new candidate, there are a lot of wild cards. However, the fact that she's a black woman does make it very difficult for her. A LOT of bigots out there that would rather see a felon rather than a minority. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, red viking said:

Very early to say it's I the bag. With a new candidate, there are a lot of wild cards. However, the fact that she's a black woman does make it very difficult for her. A LOT of bigots out there that would rather see a felon rather than a minority. 

Dumb take and this is the first and last time I will ever converse with you.  

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Poopy 1

12 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I don't have a dog in the race, but yes I see MAGA freaking out.  I see: "he can't drop out" (why would they want him to not drop out), but then also "he has to leave now".   But mostly I see them not wanting him to drop out, when they spent the last three and a half years not wanting him as pres.

That's pretty comical 

• Poopy 1

23 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

That's great that you are able to see the gross hypocrisy here. 

28 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

This^^

I was just chatting with a friend last night and we both are not a fan of either Trump or Biden/Harris, but it is clear the Dems are just trying to stop the huge hole in the damn...conceding the presidential election and focusing on not losing to many seats....regrouping and then looking for a much much better candidate to run in 4 years...we both said we sure hope they find one!  Same with the R's!  Will be interesting to see how this JD Vance turns out to be.

• Fire 1

50 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I just find it laughable the Democrats who are crying "Trump will end Democracy, Trump will end are Democracy". Then the Democrats absolutely destroy democracy by hand selecting Kamala for the Democrat nominee for President. There isn't one democrat voter or independent voter that voted for her to be the nominee. But in the long run it was better to be hypocritical than to have a total Jerry Springer moment at the DNC Convention. It would have not gone well.