Its over. Joe Biden is stepping down

Paul158

Bottom line: 

Running against a guy who can't remember his own name gave Republicans far too much confidence in this election. He picked a horrible VP who is already floundering and he's still Donald Trump, an 80 year old who barely speaks coherently with extremely high unfavorable who underperforms most other Republicans. 

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Why'd he pull out of the debate?

What debate?  Had it started and he pulled out before walking up to the stage? Where, when was this debate scheduled for?

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Why'd he pull out of the debate?

LOL...he didn't pull out of any debate?  Name the date and time of the debate he pulled out of??  Didn't think you could.

I'll repeat again because some of you like to accuse people of things that aren't true...I do not like Trump....but I hate when people spew false things just because of political reasons...all his campaign said is he will wait until after the DNC.  Which seems like a logic thing to say.

• Bob 2

5 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL...he didn't pull out of any debate?  Name the date and time of the debate he pulled out of??  Didn't think you could.

I'll repeat again because some of you like to accuse people of things that aren't true...I do not like Trump....but I hate when people spew false things just because of political reasons...all his campaign said is he will wait until after the DNC.  Which seems like a logic thing to say.

So uncle B lies just like CNN. 

17 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Not true. The polls in 2020 were pretty solid and the Republicans underperformed in 2022.

In 2020 the polls were accurate in picking the winners but in 46 of 50 state Trump over performed by an average of 2% points compared to the polls.  So @Paul158 is correct.  Now I'm done

• Bob 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

40 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Semantics and cope. He went from agreeing to debate Harris to "well, I'll decide after the DNC." There was a second debate scheduled and he is not committing to that debate.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Semantics and cope. He went from agreeing to debate Harris to "well, I'll decide after the DNC." There was a second debate scheduled and he is not committing to that debate.

So you admit to lying about him "pulling out of the debate?" 

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

So you admit to lying about him "pulling out of the debate?" 

No, he was committed to debating Biden September 10th on ABC. Now, he has withdrawn his commitment to that debate.

56 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

September 10th on ABC. 

28 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

No, he was committed to debating Biden September 10th on ABC. Now, he has withdrawn his commitment to that debate.

September 10th on ABC. 

Yeah, I am with those guys on this one. If Biden is no longer running there no longer is a debate. Once a Democratic nominee is determined with some greater degree of certainty, then I am sure Trump will be raring to go. He has never shied away from going after another candidate. Hell, he is even work shopping nicknames for Harris. Which is such third grade playground bullshit, but his base eats third grade playground shit up. The only thing they like better is second grade playground bullshit.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 7/25/2024 at 1:22 PM, WrestlingRasta said:

Unless it's rape, it's not without consent.

I disagree. 

So you're in favor of punishing someone for choosing to have sex and becoming pregnant? But just one half of them. 

The choice to have sex is not a choice to get or remain pregnant. We know this because some people that want to and would otherwise choose to become pregnant cannot. Some people are not even aware that pregnancy may be a result of sex. 

33 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I disagree. 

So you're in favor of punishing someone for choosing to have sex and becoming pregnant? But just one half of them. 

The choice to have sex is not a choice to get or remain pregnant. We know this because some people that want to and would otherwise choose to become pregnant cannot. Some people are not even aware that pregnancy may be a result of sex. 

I guess there in lies the fundamental difference between you and I….you think of it as a punishment.  It is not punishment. It is responsible for your actions.  No matter how you try to slice it, the person (except in the case of rape/sexual abuse) made a decision, a choice. And yes, you (that person) are responsible for the results, whatever they may be, of that choice. In this case it happens to be creating another living being. And yes, you are responsible for the care of that living being, because it is SOLELY there as a result of the choice you made, and can only live, for a period of time, under your direct care, which means….sharing your body. That’s how the fetus develops and grows until it no longer needs your body. There are then procedures for, should you need to or choose to, choose not to care for that being beyond the point that you are the only one on the planet that can. I’m not saying there aren’t scenarios in which I’m okay/for abortion.  I’m saying this argument of punishment and without consent is just……bullshit. 

Let me ask you this, and I would appreciate a direct answer without dancing around or moving the goal posts. Who in this scenario had more of a choice…the living being that created the action, or the living being that was the result?  

• Bob 1
  • Brain 2