Bo Bassett Narrows His College List..........From 80 to 73

1 hour ago, 11986 said:

I don't think going into the military is mandatory if you go to the Citadel. But then again why go to a military school if you have no intention of going that route?

we also know of course he's not going to the Citadel

Yup.  But Bassett’s “list” is getting people to talk about schools that probably wouldn’t be talked about otherwise!

• Bob 2

14 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Maybe this is fun, but let's be real.  I will eat my hat if the final four teams are not Penn State, Iowa, OSU, and tOSU.

That's a bold statement cause you've gotta hit the exacta on that final four.  Can you post the before pic of the hat?  😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

That's a bold statement cause you've gotta hit the exacta on that final four.  Can you post the before pic of the hat?  😉

I want a video of the entire hat eating....

"Tortilla chip sombreros or any type of edible hat are excluded as they were invented way after the phrase, 'I will eat my hat if...'" - Jackie Chiles 

• Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

22 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Maybe this is fun, but let's be real.  I will eat my hat if the final four teams are not Penn State, Iowa, OSU, and tOSU.

Being as you said 'AND' I will take that bet.

You are ignoring the money behind Michigan (as well as the Olympic/World aspirations) on top of his having family at Rutgers.  It is more likely one of those sneaks in to the Top 4 than the four you listed being the Top 4.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Being as you said 'AND' I will take that bet.

You are ignoring the money behind Michigan (as well as the Olympic/World aspirations) on top of his having family at Rutgers.  It is more likely one of those sneaks in to the Top 4 than the four you listed being the Top 4.

I think the 4 @Bulldog listed are the favorites for top 4.  Just not enough to offer to eat my hat

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 9:22 AM, Idaho said:

I want a video of the entire hat eating....

Obviously, the idiom/figurative speech of "eating one's hat" is a bit much for some of you to wrap your heads around; rest assured, I will arrange some sort of hat-eating restitution if I am wrong.  

FWIW, I have zero insight into the Bassett camp's mind. I simply went with the top four of pretty much every elite-level recruit and set aside Michigan in favor of the new Taylor-led Cowboys.

Edited by Bulldog

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

Obviously, the idiom/figurative speech of "eating one's hat" is a bit much for some of you to wrap your heads around; rest assured, I will arrange some sort of hat-eating restitution if I am wrong.  

FWIW, I have zero insight into the Bassett camp's mind. I simply went with the top four of pretty much every elite-level recruit and set aside Michigan in favor of the new Taylor-led Cowboys.

It's not the figure of speech that it a bit much for us to wrap our minds around, it's your lack of knowledge on the history of betting on this board. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I like Michigan's odds of at least being in the final four. If Bassett is serious about Olympic/world freestyle, which I assume he is, Michigan currently ranks second only to Penn State in that area. Oklahoma State might build that side up quickly, but Iowa has fallen off substantially (outside of Lee) and Ohio State is practically non-existent.

On 7/3/2024 at 1:36 PM, 11986 said:

I don't think going into the military is mandatory if you go to the Citadel. But then again why go to a military school if you have no intention of going that route?

we also know of course he's not going to the Citadel

There were a boat load of kids who were in the Corps of Cadets at Virginia Tech who had no intention of going into the military after graduation.

Which sounds absolutely ridiculous to me, unless they were getting a non-military funded scholarship to be in it. Talk about a total buzzkill during college.

• Bob 1

13 minutes ago, Le duke said:

There were a boat load of kids who were in the Corps of Cadets at Virginia Tech who had no intention of going into the military after graduation.

Which sounds absolutely ridiculous to me, unless they were getting a non-military funded scholarship to be in it. Talk about a total buzzkill during college.

If you go to one of the military academies, I am pretty sure you have to go in for four years after graduation and if you don't you have to pay back your tuition.

Would be interesting to see who actually pays their tuition at these other non-academy schools

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

If you go to one of the military academies, I am pretty sure you have to go in for four years after graduation and if you don't you have to pay back your tuition.

Would be interesting to see who actually pays their tuition at these other non-academy schools

ROTC get a cost of living and books stipend I believe. 

• Bob 1

On 7/3/2024 at 4:42 PM, 1032004 said:

Yup.  But Bassett’s “list” is getting people to talk about schools that probably wouldn’t be talked about otherwise!

They are also getting talked about as early rejects. Not the best publicity IMO.

We also talked about the handful of teams that did not even make the list

42 minutes ago, Jim L said:

They are also getting talked about as early rejects. Not the best publicity IMO.

We also talked about the handful of teams that did not even make the list

But that’s not really negative IMO because no one was actually expecting him to consider those places

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

But that’s not really negative IMO because no one was actually expecting him to consider those places

Well its not good.

If my team is not expecting to be in serious consideration, getting on the list and dropped early just seems to re-enforce that we are nowhere to being a school that top rated wrestlers should consider.

Cherry picking from google:

Virginia Tech is regarded as a “senior military college”, like VMI, TT, Citadel.

75% of the kids in the Corps of Cadets are on a military commission track, AKA ROTC scholarship. So, 25% of them are NOT, at any point, on scholarship. So, student loans, parents, etc.

1,200 enrolled in the Corps of Cadets out of 29,000 undergraduate students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jim L said:

Well its not good.

If my team is not expecting to be in serious consideration, getting on the list and dropped early just seems to re-enforce that we are nowhere to being a school that top rated wrestlers should consider.

Disagree.  I think the “no press is bad press” line applies here.  The Gardner Webb coach sure didn’t seem to have his feelings hurt, and thanks to Bo Bassett more people were able to learn of his comedic talents.

Edited by 1032004
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Disagree.  I think the “no press is bad press” line applies here.  The Gardner Webb coach sure didn’t seem to have his feelings hurt, and thanks to Bo Bassett more people were able to learn of his comedic talents.

amen

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Tonight, a list of schools who have pulled their offers to Bo off of the table.  These are schools did not deem him as a good cultural fit for their room or team.   He will not be notified by them

2 hours ago, Greenwave said:

Tonight, a list of schools who have pulled their offers to Bo off of the table.  These are schools did not deem him as a good cultural fit for their room or team.   He will not be notified by them

womp womp

On 7/4/2024 at 8:58 AM, Bulldog said:

Your probably going to have to put that hat in a Jersey Mikes submarine

On 7/5/2024 at 8:54 AM, Bulldog said:

I dont think any saw a ""figure of speech" thing here this seemed pretty direct and simple: eat hat.

No one is gonna forget this, this thread will be bumped as long as necessary, said eatery had better be live on YouTube.  If all you have is a bunch of old dirty sweaty hats I'd suggest you go buy one thats more tasty.  🤠

PS: maybe the good folks at Flo will broadcast this event.

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 1