Carrol in the portal?

15 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Could be a lot of things in addtion to coaching relationships and even NIL.  Where does he fit in a lineup?  Just a wild guess but not sure 197 over NCAA season is sustainable for him.  MI wonder if he sees more success as a smaller 285 like Feldman and so many others.   Wasn't Snyder better up?  Is Snyder taller than Carroll?  

- He and Merrill create an almost untenable log jam

-197 for four years probably seems awful

- Attended 3 high schools and committed to three colleges

- New coach; he liked the old one.  Prob thinks it was a raw deal.

In retrospect, the writing may have been on the wall.  DT was probably about the most likely of all coaches to be able to fix things, but even that wasn't destined to work.

7 minutes ago, Gus said:

I figured he was talking about Thompson since he was caught smoking pot in the bathroom at a wrestling tournament in high school lol. 

Oh shit! With that being public knowledge(I did not know), you'd think Flo would have bumped him down a bit on the big board. He was number 4 in 2023. If you're brazen enough to smoke in bathrooms at tournaments you're in, you probably won't stop when you get to college. 

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

He tweeted this before DT came in.   

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Loyal and true to his fourth program?

Maybe folks are missing what he's really talking about, coach lager.  🙅‍♀️

c23d20cdc8376c141b56a15ba86c23a2_c_13495

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Loyal and true to his fourth program?

Right? I LOLed when I saw his "my coach!" post during the hiring process. That post was a head scratcher, and this is a head scratcher too. Best of luck to him though he seems like a good kid... just a bit emo lol

Edited by alex1fly
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gus said:

Who has all left? I know Sammy Alvarez left. He was stuck behind Jamison and Williams in the lineup. Now we have Carrol entering the portal. They have brought in this offseason - Hamiti, Hendrickson, Amine, Fish and then Kody Routledge just flipped his commitment from Nebraska to OKSt. I think that Carrol and Cody Merrill are very similar in body type in that they will be big, strong 197 pounders but may struggle with the length issues at heavyweight.

Some of those guys came in before DT. He might be one up right now. 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Probably a combination of things...but not the loyalty thing. Don't buy he was outraged to be a crucial part of the trendiest program and have the best practice partner for him on earth show up...

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Carroll will put the freshman Merrill in a cradle to will the title.  Then he will take off his ankle bands and shoot them Cowboy style from the hip right in front of Taylor

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

- He and Merrill create an almost untenable log jam

-197 for four years probably seems awful

- Attended 3 high schools and committed to three colleges

- New coach; he liked the old one.  Prob thinks it was a raw deal.

In retrospect, the writing may have been on the wall.  DT was probably about the most likely of all coaches to be able to fix things, but even that wasn't destined to work.

These are very big considerations alone - and abovious there may be others.

• Bob 1

30 minutes ago, poke1 said:

Just got word that Carroll and Chris Perry were tight.  So I would think he might go wherever Perry lands.

Carroll and Perry to Wisconsin? Bono and Reader just tweeted about something BIG. Seth Gross stepped down from the assistant coaching position. 

1 minute ago, Chestcrusher said:

Carroll and Perry to Wisconsin? Bono and Reader just tweeted about something BIG. Seth Gross stepped down from the assistant coaching position. 

On the Hawkeye board it was suggested that Tony Cassioppi is taking the open job at Wisconsin 

6 minutes ago, Chestcrusher said:

Sorry meant Scott not Perry. Scott takes over when/if Bono loses the job. 

3 hours ago, pokemonster said:

I'm seeing that it was a disagreement on "lifestyle choices", in other words, partying / drinking. Is DT implementing a zero tolerance policy?

i doubt it cause that would be dumb, probably more like a "be ready for practice" policy.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WildTurk said:

Carroll will put the freshman Merrill in a cradle to will the title.  Then he will take off his ankle bands and shoot them Cowboy style from the hip right in front of Taylor

While that would be haunting for Taylor with Carroll’s his wing span and chest size I’d be surprised if he could put anyone in a cradle. 

Edited by MadMardigain

11 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i doubt it cause that would be dumb, probably more like a "be ready for practice" policy.

Maybe...or maybe he did a random test and Carroll popped. I don't know.

I don't think Weed is a big deal anymore. I think if you're likely to go and work and get the extra workouts in, you're going to. I really don't buy the stereotypical 90s stoners thing. 

I also can't imagine being at a tournament and smoking. I'm one of those guys who gets SUPER paranoid and just can't/don't smoke pot. I've heard people say this type will help with pain and not make you paranoid and I've seen enough studies and former NFL players talk about the pain management aspect, but I don't know.