Parco to Iowa....

26 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

I'm an ASU fan and I don't like this one bit. 

Larkin will plug right in at 149. Not much of a drop off. 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

You think Larkin is an AA out of the gate?

He doesn’t look like an easily scouted, one trick pony sort of guy.

As long as he can get out from bottom, his neutral offense will take him pretty far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 4

1 hour ago, SunDevil said:

I can’t see Larkin not going to 157 if Teemer is not there. 

I don’t understand why people keep saying this. He’s been wrestling free at 65kg or 143lb….

1 hour ago, Bardamu911 said:

You think Larkin is an AA out of the gate?

Definitely a threat. He’s shown that he can beat high level guys in freestyle like Kolozdik, Lugo and Mendez

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Larkin will plug right in at 149. Not much of a drop off. 

It may not create a hole at 149, but it indirectly creates an additional hole at one of the upper weights. They could have plugged Larkin in at 157, even as a one year stop gap, and bumped everyone up a weight. Now, due to Parco leaving and ASUs inactivity in the portal, you’ll likely have a huge hole at two of 174, 184, and 197.

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

ASU is getting a really intriguing 184. solid at worst. 

Ruiz will be fine at 174. 

Billy Janzer?  What about Valencia?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Yep, to to the Squawkeyes, look good, get worn down and beat up in the room and stagnate even with great talent.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

27 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

Yep, to to the Squawkeyes, look good, get worn down and beat up in the room and stagnate even with great talent.

Started his college career with  a prototypical Iowa style coach, so he is probably used to it.  Probably safer in the Iowa room than PSU these days.  I saw more braces on PSU wrestlers at nationals than the Hawks, and that doesn't even take into account SVN or the worn out Nagao.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

It may not create a hole at 149, but it indirectly creates an additional hole at one of the upper weights. They could have plugged Larkin in at 157, even as a one year stop gap, and bumped everyone up a weight. Now, due to Parco leaving and ASUs inactivity in the portal, you’ll likely have a huge hole at two of 174, 184, and 197.

Who was bumping to 197? There is a hole there regardless of 149-184 -McLane probably gets squeezed out. 

Edited by Idaho

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Who was bumping to 197? There is a hole there regardless of 149-184 -McLane probably gets squeezed out. 

Maybe we see Valencia there in an effort to grow in to 86 KG for Mexico?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Maybe we see Valencia there in an effort to grow in to 86 KG for Mexico?

He would be very small for 197, but he might be the best option. We have seen other guys jump weights like that.  He won't beat Ruiz out at 174 and as noted, a transfer coming in at 184. 

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Started his college career with  a prototypical Iowa style coach, so he is probably used to it.  Probably safer in the Iowa room than PSU these days.  I saw more braces on PSU wrestlers at nationals than the Hawks, and that doesn't even take into account SVN or the worn out Nagao.

You may have something here. Iowa training is known to be hard on guys and transfers who come in don't seem to get any better - Real Woods being a good example. He seemed to lose more than he gained.

Penn State may be hurting themselves with the limited schedule. Yep, winning Titles but doing the fans no favors. All the "fun", but not in seeing a lot of actual wrestling.

The Sport probably sees more injury than any other than Gymnsatics and everyone competes while hurting. 

I prefer the Penn State mentality to the Iowa Grinders but somewhere we need to see more competition dates.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.