Oklahoma state projected line up

6 minutes ago, TheJimReaper said:

Tbf i think Doucet is the only one that happened to. 

Probably the most prolific...but I am guessing it has happened to several who were penciled in and the team brought someone in after the window closed. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The Oklahoma State gents have 45 days from the hire of DT or the retirement of John Smith?

30 days from the day after Smith's announcement, which was April 11. So that window closed May 14.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

35 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I think you might be correct- the fall 15 day portal might only be for spring sports. 

Spring and fall get a 15 day window and a 30 day window beginning the day after their championship. Winter gets a single 45 day window.

34 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Man...pretty tough for guys who stayed, then transfers come in and take their spot and they are stuck with no way to transfer or compete anywhere.

Yes, it creates a situation where everyone in a winter sport should always enter the portal as a protective measure. Then they have the option to stay without losing the option to transfer.

20 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Probably the most prolific...but I am guessing it has happened to several who were penciled in and the team brought someone in after the window closed. 

Maybe Thompson, but most feel he needs a redshirt year.  The pencil was broken at 165, there wasn’t anybody, and the 157 was small for the weight last year.  

49 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Man...pretty tough for guys who stayed, then transfers come in and take their spot and they are stuck with no way to transfer or compete anywhere.

Isn't that a possibility at every school, regardless of if they get a new coach or not? Unless you win the national title, there's always a chance your coaching staff will recruit over you (whether that means stud high school kids or transfer portal). It's part of the game. It's the coaches job to win, literally. If you don't do that, they'll find someone who will.

• Bob 1

37 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Maybe Thompson, but most feel he needs a redshirt year.  The pencil was broken at 165, there wasn’t anybody, and the 157 was small for the weight last year.  

Wasn't Thompson high school class of 2023?  Wouldn't he be off redshirt next year?

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

30 days from the day after Smith's announcement, which was April 11. So that window closed May 14.

Damn.  That is shitty for Doucet and Surber.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, Winners Circle said:

Isn't that a possibility at every school, regardless of if they get a new coach or not? Unless you win the national title, there's always a chance your coaching staff will recruit over you (whether that means stud high school kids or transfer portal). It's part of the game. It's the coaches job to win, literally. If you don't do that, they'll find someone who will.

Sure - you can lose your spot at anytime....but that's not the point. The point is that when they come in after the window closes to enter the portal,  they have no options. 

28 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Curious between the two (Carroll/Merrill) which one will have to suck down to '97 to stay in the lineup moving forward after the '24 season. 

As far as stature and international career go, I think Carroll is better served at 92/97 kg so 197 feels like the best fit for that. I think Merill has a bit more room to grow without jeopardizing athleticism. Carroll is a large fella, but he did not look particularly sucked out to me making 213 so I think if he is diligent with his dieting he can do it. J'den cox use to make 189.

My prediction for next season for Oklahoma state. In parenthesis are where each wrestler was ranked throughout last season and then where I see them finishing at Nationals.

125 Spratley- (10th-12th)  5th-8th

133 Hughes- (redshirted) 3rd-5th

141 Jamison- (8th-10th) 6th-8th

149 Williams- (12th-15th) 6th-8th

157 Travis- (10th-15th) 8th

165 Fish- (need help with his last years ranking)  7th or 8th

174 Hamiti- (5th- 8th) 3rd- 5th

184 Plott- (2nd-3rd) 2nd

197 Carroll- (redshirted) 5th-7th

HWT Hendrickson- (2nd-4th) 2nd

As you can see I'm a little OSU bias and have all 10 being All Americans.  So do you agree with me not being to far off in my predictions?  I would love to hear from you all if you think I'm way out of line or am I just wishful thinking.

4 minutes ago, poke1 said:

My prediction for next season for Oklahoma state. In parenthesis are where each wrestler was ranked throughout last season and then where I see them finishing at Nationals.

125 Spratley- (10th-12th)  5th-8th

133 Hughes- (redshirted) 3rd-5th

141 Jamison- (8th-10th) 6th-8th

149 Williams- (12th-15th) 6th-8th

157 Travis- (10th-15th) 8th

165 Fish- (need help with his last years ranking)  7th or 8th

174 Hamiti- (5th- 8th) 3rd- 5th

184 Plott- (2nd-3rd) 2nd

197 Carroll- (redshirted) 5th-7th

HWT Hendrickson- (2nd-4th) 2nd

As you can see I'm a little OSU bias and have all 10 being All Americans.  So do you agree with me not being to far off in my predictions?  I would love to hear from you all if you think I'm way out of line or am I just wishful thinking.

Fish was r16 r12 the year prior. I do not think any of these are outrageous outside of maybe Hughes but that weight has cleared out and it remains to be seen if Bailey and Crookham can make 133 again I think Crookham will but Im not sure about Bailey. I'm probably going to be the worlds biggest Dean Hamiti gasser until proven otherwise after being in a good room and working with DT. I would set their O/U for AA's at 6.5

18 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Fish was r16 r12 the year prior. I do not think any of these are outrageous outside of maybe Hughes but that weight has cleared out and it remains to be seen if Bailey and Crookham can make 133 again I think Crookham will but Im not sure about Bailey. I'm probably going to be the worlds biggest Dean Hamiti gasser until proven otherwise after being in a good room and working with DT. I would set their O/U for AA's at 6.5

fair enough! I'll just have to refer to this post after Nationals next year to see how accurate my predictions are.

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

I wonder if DT will get Hamiti over the hump to finish strong. Man did he look good against MM until the comeback.

3 minutes ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

I wonder if DT will get Hamiti over the hump to finish strong. Man did he look good against MM until the comeback.

hopefully the tank is better not cutting as much weight, Olejnik made a jump going there with John I have to think that Dean will do the same if not an even bigger jump with DT.

• Bob 1

10 minutes ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

I feel like Hamiti is right there already. Looked like he got hurt late in the MM match, the way he hobbled off the mat.

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

I'll take the under

• Fire 1

39 minutes ago, SoonerKing said:

I'll take the under

I think you have 4 locks 174-285 and then 6 blood round low AA type guys although I think Jordan Williams makes a jump this year.

6 hours ago, Idaho said:

By next year someone else is going to sue NCAA and everyone will get a fly guaranteed 5 years to compete with min $100k/yr NIL.

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

By next year someone else is going to sue NCAA and everyone will get a fly guaranteed 5 years to compete with min $100k/yr NIL.

Yep... 24/7 open portal....NIL guaranteed.... No eligibility requirements for "student" athletes.... As I have said, they will wrestle two periods for one team, transfer to the opposing school between the 2nd and 3rd, and then defeat themselves in overtime. 

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1
  • Potato 1