Taylor's Assistants at OKST

10 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I certainly can.  What I have difficulty with is hypocrisy...

A driving factor for that might be that both of the Brands Bros are closer to 60 than 50, whereas Gilman hasn't even hit 30 yet.

You expect a young spitfire who becomes a coach to have his moments... you don't expect two older, aging spitfires to still be that way after years and years of criticisms for being that way.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

A driving factor for that might be that both of the Brands Bros are closer to 60 than 50, whereas Gilman hasn't even hit 30 yet.

You expect a young spitfire who becomes a coach to have his moments... you don't expect two older, aging spitfires to still be that way after years and years of criticisms for being that way.

True.  I mellowed out a bit in my later years.

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

True.  I mellowed out a bit in my later years.

I have kind of not since I found these BBS a decade or so ago.

I was more mellow in my earlier years.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I have kind of not since I found these BBS a decade or so ago.

I was more mellow in my earlier years.

For me, it was being a ref and then a wrestling parent .  I got to see what idiots coaches and parents could be, and realized I had been idiot #1 as a coach (but was a pretty calm and relaxed wrestling dad, thankfully).  When I returned to coaching, I calmed down significantly.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Honestly a lot of coaches in-match antics aren’t all that different from theirs, the Brands probably just get more flack because it’s Iowa and there are two of them.   Manning, Schwab, Bono a few off the top of my head.  Manning might be the worst complainer of them all.

• Bob 2

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Honestly a lot of coaches in-match antics aren’t all that different from theirs, the Brands probably just get more flack because it’s Iowa and there are two of them.   Manning, Schwab, Bono a few off the top of my head.  Manning might be the worst complainer of them all.

There are semantics that can be used for it...

Manning whinges... it's like he pisses and moans just to piss and moan sometimes.

Bono is a turdbiscuit meathead.

Schwab is a champion for the people (and his athletes) - always.

The Brands Bros get heated, pissed off, and breath fire.  They often don't stop breathing fire until a day or two later.

Different levels there.  Those levels are also driven by their off-mat personas and antics because, and lets be honest, most people haven't actually watched Manning or Bono or Schwab in a dual setting.

You are 100% spot on with a resounding reason being that it is because it's Iowa.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Cowboy08 said:

what is the relationship between Gilman and DT?  Surprised to see this combo, Gilman hasn't been at NLWC that long and from different areas/teams/weights but he was rumored to go the second DT got the job

I'm also curious about this 

2 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

what is the relationship between Gilman and DT?  Surprised to see this combo, Gilman hasn't been at NLWC that long and from different areas/teams/weights but he was rumored to go the second DT got the job

13 minutes ago, BarSeries said:

I'm also curious about this 

Who in this pic looks ready to transfer to Cowboy World?  And walking in with the 2nd best swagger.   Gilman prob best guy around to work with light weighs, Kennedy lower mid, they need someone upper.  Also seems Gilman has had an attitude change for the better.  🤠

GNLI-OdW0AA05yW?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Who in this pic looks ready to transfer to Cowboy World?  And walking in with the 2nd best swagger.   Gilman prob best guy around to work with light weighs, Kennedy lower mid, they need someone upper.  Also seems Gilman has had an attitude change for the better.  🤠

Gilman said, "Cowboy? Shit I can fit in with that."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Swear I saw one of the Brands bros spit at the ref at the last Iowa OSU dual lol

37 minutes ago, ionel said:

So who's private jet were they flying on?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

I'm guessing they got a NetJets.

Or could've been Richison's

Well the AD bothered to thank Scott, Perry, Caldwell and Harding for their service....that was nice....don't think he should have reminded them not to try and steal any staples on the way out.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Is the big guy Eric Thompson?   I thought it was Shane Gillis initially.   Colton Schultz coach.  

42 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

37 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'm guessing they got a NetJets.

Or could've been Richison's

Sounds like Richison's jet. 

sounds like Caldwell, Fix and might be staying in Stillwater.  I'm hopeful for Freestyle Coach Zo sticks around also. Fingers crossed!

• Bob 1