Penn State fans booing Jordan Burroughs

18 minutes ago, skandar said:

Lmaooo what are you even talking about? Messenbrink started the after the whistle antics. Burroughs retaliated. Only of them got booed. Thats a fact. No ones talking about “pushing the pace” or “challenging” JB lol. Who said anything about me being in charge of USA wrestling 😂 😂

Whatever argument youre having in your head isn’t taking place in reality. Take your meds today?

You literally pointed to JB's accomplishments as the reason why Messenbrink shouldn't push the pace. But you're right. How dare Messenrbink try to challenge JB. Who the heck does this kid (your words) think he is?

• Clown 1

1 minute ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

You literally pointed to JB's accomplishments as the reason why Messenbrink shouldn't push the pace. But you're right. How dare Messenrbink try to challenge JB. Who the heck does this kid (your words) think he is?

Again…pushing someone’s head into the mat after the whistle is not “pushing the pace”. I haven’t commented on anything Messenbrink did while actually wrestling during live action.

• Bob 1

18 hours ago, oldschool said:

JB was kind of asking for it. nothing wrong on his part; I would've been dragging my feet on every whistle if I was 15 years older than my opponent as well, but that's not the type of move that'll get the crowd on your side.

I feel like folks are trying to make this a "penn state disrespects JB" thing whereas I see it more as a "crowd boos guy who's obviously taking his sweet time" game. would've happened if it wasn't penn state and would've happened if it wasn't JB.

It absolutely wouldn't have happened if it wasn't a PSU wrestler and it wasn't JB.

But who cares that it happened.  It's completely okay to root for one wrestler over another.  If PSU fans booed JB in the olympics while he represented the USA, then I'd raise an eyebrow.  But this?  This is nothing.  PSU fans cheered for their guy and against the opponent.  That makes them like all other fans.

Edited by boconnell
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, skandar said:

Lmaooo what are you even talking about? Messenbrink started the after the whistle antics. Burroughs retaliated. Only of them got booed. Thats a fact. No ones talking about “pushing the pace” or “challenging” JB lol. Who said anything about me being in charge of USA wrestling 😂 😂

Whatever argument youre having in your head isn’t taking place in reality. Take your meds today?

Yep.  Messenbrink did nothing the whole match then got fake tough at the end.  JB then got fake tough in retaliation.  The ref awarded a penalty point.  End of story.  

3 hours ago, JuanMogen said:

"Ambassador for the sport" is some chatgpt level, no-substance having, nonsense filler words that the old, fat, bald dorks who watch this sport say to sound like they have their finger on the pulse. Its like talking wrestling technique and saying to use your "hips" or "core" as much as possible.

Exactly 

9 hours ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

Messenbrink doesnt retaliate. JB shoved him and got in his face. Desanto would have reacted very differently. No one ever has had to PHYSICALLY restrain Messenbrink. He doesnt trying to start actual fights. Big big difference. 

I think the DeSanto comp is fine...once you get past the Drexel and just go to the Iowa Wrestling time frame.

They're both maniacal competitors with non-stop motors and you won't see them give up a TD on the edge because they THINK it's just going to be a step out or on the Collegiate level because they let him. 

This comparison is poisoned by the dirty shit from the NCAAs Desanto's Freshmen year vs Micic, but if you ignore that, I can see why people think that. They'll go from physical banging and diving and faking and just non-stop constant movement...which is again not fun to deal with even from a bad Wrestler(I can only imagine how much it sucks from a great Wrestler). 

I see why people would take it as a sign of disrespect to MM....but give me the guy who Wrestles to the Whistle, who runs back to the center, who's holding absolutely NOTHING back and who genuinely seems like he's having more fun out there than a pig in shit. 

Again, all of this should be a non-story. The people taking sides, talking about JB talking smack during his career, I don't recall that other than with Dake who would generally be the one to initiate. He's 35, this was a last gasp for him and he's done. He's had such an incredible career, lets not take shots at him...and lets not take shots at PSU FANS rooting for PSU fans(short of taunting JB as he's walking off and that sounds like a very small number of assholes). 

27 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

I think the DeSanto comp is fine...once you get past the Drexel and just go to the Iowa Wrestling time frame.

They're both maniacal competitors with non-stop motors and you won't see them give up a TD on the edge because they THINK it's just going to be a step out or on the Collegiate level because they let him. 

This comparison is poisoned by the dirty shit from the NCAAs Desanto's Freshmen year vs Micic, but if you ignore that, I can see why people think that. They'll go from physical banging and diving and faking and just non-stop constant movement...which is again not fun to deal with even from a bad Wrestler(I can only imagine how much it sucks from a great Wrestler). 

I see why people would take it as a sign of disrespect to MM....but give me the guy who Wrestles to the Whistle, who runs back to the center, who's holding absolutely NOTHING back and who genuinely seems like he's having more fun out there than a pig in shit. 

Again, all of this should be a non-story. The people taking sides, talking about JB talking smack during his career, I don't recall that other than with Dake who would generally be the one to initiate. He's 35, this was a last gasp for him and he's done. He's had such an incredible career, lets not take shots at him...and lets not take shots at PSU FANS rooting for PSU fans(short of taunting JB as he's walking off and that sounds like a very small number of assholes). 

No. Even after the Iowa transfer. Him taunting the opposing team bench, him running up to the commentary table. Screaming in Lizaks face. Desanto still had a dirty edge while at Iowa, nothing like Messenbrink. Big big difference. Anyone this thinks they're similar outside of the gastank is an idiot. Messenbrink is the exact Wrestler you WANT be be and the exact Wrestler you don't want to face. He's not going to hurt you but he will require every ounce of your ability to beat him. He is EXACT what ever Wrestler should strive to be. If you hate him then you clearly dont want USA to be the best wrestlers possible.

Edited by BIGTENFANBOY
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, skandar said:

He’s had countless appearances and interviews with huge programs. He’s been nothing but gracious, charming, articulate and engaging in all of them.

Harken back to the 2016 Freestyle World Cup. Yazdani was at 74kg for Iran at that time, and everyone was very excited about the JB/Yazdani matchup. JB's wife was giving birth to one of his kids at the time, and he decided to skip the World Cup event. His choice, but it certainly appeared to me as a duck. The Iran team, perhaps even Yazdani specifically, presented JB with a gift, a sign of respect. I saw JB do an interview in which he referred to the gift as a way to thank him for not wrestling in the World Cup, as if it were a bribe or something. This was the absolute opposite of "gracious, charming, articulate and engaging". It was actually responding to a sign of respect with an overt sign of disrespect on the international stage. Yazdani was prepared to face Burroughs, and Hassan was at the top of his game at 74kg at that time. The results? Iran beat the US in the finals of the 2016 Freestyle World Cup, and it came down to the 74kg match. 

2016 Freestyle World Cup Hassan Yazdanicharati IRI tf Alex Dieringer USA, 10-0

I think if Dieringer had scored even one point, the result of the tournament would have been different, because team points were increased for shutouts.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Poopy 2

3 hours ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

No. Even after the Iowa transfer. Him taunting the opposing team bench, him running up to the commentary table. Screaming in Lizaks face. Desanto still had a dirty edge while at Iowa, nothing like Messenbrink. Big big difference. Anyone this thinks they're similar outside of the gastank is an idiot. Messenbrink is the exact Wrestler you WANT be be and the exact Wrestler you don't want to face. He's not going to hurt you but he will require every ounce of your ability to beat him. He is EXACT what ever Wrestler should strive to be. If you hate him then you clearly dont want USA to be the best wrestlers possible.

Don’t forget when Desanto told the ncaa woman that he d kill her if she touched him 

2 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

Harken back to the 2016 Freestyle World Cup. Yazdani was at 74kg for Iran at that time, and everyone was very excited about the JB/Yazdani matchup. JB's wife was giving birth to one of his kids at the time, and he decided to skip the World Cup event. His choice, but it certainly appeared to me as a duck. The Iran team, perhaps even Yazdani specifically, presented JB with a gift, a sign of respect. I saw JB do an interview in which he referred to the gift as a way to thank him for not wrestling in the World Cup, as if it were a bribe or something. This was the absolute opposite of "gracious, charming, articulate and engaging". It was actually responding to a sign of respect with an overt sign of disrespect on the international stage. Yazdani was prepared to face Burroughs, and Hassan was at the top of his game at 74kg at that time. The results? Iran beat the US in the finals of the 2016 Freestyle World Cup, and it came down to the 74kg match. 

2016 Freestyle World Cup Hassan Yazdanicharati IRI tf Alex Dieringer USA, 10-0

I think if Dieringer had scored even one point, the result of the tournament would have been different, because team points were increased for shutouts.

lol no one gives a shit about the World Cup first of all. You’re going to criticize him for skipping a tournament no one cares about for the birth of a child? Are you kidding? Have anything to back up your quote? Was it wrestling media(which would be irrelevant in this conversation) or mainstream media? How about the context? Was he making an obvious joke that only someone who’s already biased against him would take as disrespectful? Is that why he’s still one of the most beloved foreign wrestlers within Iran? He didn’t owe Yazdani anything. He thought they’d wrestle like two months later at the Olympics.

Edited by skandar

just went back to watch Mesenbrink-Burroughs again. Mesenbrink was being a dick throughout.  That's fine (honestly, I'm a fan of both him and the antics), but if you're going to be a dick, sometimes you're going to get popped, lol. 

Burroughs is not a saint nor a sportsman nor lovable.  He's got an arrogance and a hard edge to him, but he's never claimed otherwise, he's a ruthless competitor who explicitly says that the guy he's wrestling is trying to take something away from him.  That's part of what made him a great champion and the leader of a golden age in American wrestling, a career and a role that demands respect.  And off the mat he appears to be a true family man, grounds for more respect.  

i rewatched the Burroughs/Nolf ending and Burroughs walk out.  I slowed it down, There were some boo's but he wasn't getting booed at least by the folks on camera, You can hear, thank you Jordan and you are the GOAT Jordan until he walked in/near the tunnel and one fan accosted him and he responded.     A couple bad apples doesn't make a bad fan base.

You people make it sound like it was a Biden rally,   That's booing.

• Clown 1

9 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

i rewatched the Burroughs/Nolf ending and Burroughs walk out.  I slowed it down, There were some boo's but he wasn't getting booed at least by the folks on camera, You can hear, thank you Jordan and you are the GOAT Jordan until he walked in/near the tunnel and one fan accosted him and he responded.     A couple bad apples doesn't make a bad fan base.

You people make it sound like it was a Biden rally,   That's booing.

Any fan base that reveres Joepa is a bad fan base.  Arrogant, cocky, self centered idiots, we are!

Edited by The Kid

8 hours ago, skandar said:

lol no one gives a shit about the World Cup first of all. You’re going to criticize him for skipping a tournament no one cares about for the birth of a child? Are you kidding? Have anything to back up your quote? Was it wrestling media(which would be irrelevant in this conversation) or mainstream media? How about the context? Was he making an obvious joke that only someone who’s already biased against him would take as disrespectful? Is that why he’s still one of the most beloved foreign wrestlers within Iran? He didn’t owe Yazdani anything. He thought they’d wrestle like two months later at the Olympics.

He's criticizing him for accepting and gift and then shitting on the person who gave it to him. JB fan boys are pathetic. He talks so much shit. This is what happens when you talk shit and then walk into the lions den. You get booed and heckled.

PSU fans haven't forgotten JB talking about himself at nationals immediately after Carter wins a historic 4th title. Before any kind of congratulations or any kind of talk about a potential 5th title JB HAD to talk about himself and his goals to take out starocci in the coming weeks and yes he mentioned going after an injury. No one loves JB more than JB not even you knob slobberers.

I'm not going to list all the reasons JB isn't getting love and is getting booed but it's not out of nowhere.

• Poopy 2

10 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

He's criticizing him for accepting and gift and then shitting on the person who gave it to him. JB fan boys are pathetic. He talks so much shit. This is what happens when you talk shit and then walk into the lions den. You get booed and heckled.

PSU fans haven't forgotten JB talking about himself at nationals immediately after Carter wins a historic 4th title. Before any kind of congratulations or any kind of talk about a potential 5th title JB HAD to talk about himself and his goals to take out starocci in the coming weeks and yes he mentioned going after an injury. No one loves JB more than JB not even you knob slobberers.

I'm not going to list all the reasons JB isn't getting love and is getting booed but it's not out of nowhere.

Penn State versus JB is hilarious. He lives three hours away from State College. You guys should be trying to convince him to move, or at least to work out in State College sometimes, or help prep guys for specific matches. I’m sure there’s mutual respect. 

39 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

lol this tournament had nothing to do with PSU. These were all Americans wrestling to represent the country. Sorry you and the idiot Pennsylvania fans are too dumb to comprehend that. 

JB was literally answering a question. He didn’t bring it up. Carter “piss on his grave/spit on his face” Starocci is the one of the biggest trash bags in the sport. You’re all the dumbest hypocrites I’ve even seen.

• Bob 1

It’s clear that wrestling fans don’t understand trash talk. 

Yesterday (in the NBA playoffs) Ant Edwards hit an impressive three over Kevin Durant and then asked him “What the **** did I tell you, old *** *****?!”

Durant just laughed it off. After the game Ant said Durant was his favorite player ever.

• Haha 1