Coaching Carousel

On 9/20/2024 at 12:43 PM, Winners Circle said:

https://gocolumbialions.com/news/2024/9/18/jeff-buxton-hired-as-assistant-wrestling-coach.aspx

Columbia assembling a nice staff. They have a lot of factors working against them (location, Ivy League, administration). So to see them assemble a nice staff is good. Wish these guys the best.

I agree. I wish that staff got their start somewhere else(not to mention the shit show at the end of spring semester). Wasn't there a factor of Pritzlaff's kid moving to New York(someone said that on here)? Maybe that implies that this is not a long term commitment.

• Brain 1

On 9/20/2024 at 12:43 PM, Winners Circle said:

https://gocolumbialions.com/news/2024/9/18/jeff-buxton-hired-as-assistant-wrestling-coach.aspx

Columbia assembling a nice staff. They have a lot of factors working against them (location, Ivy League, administration). So to see them assemble a nice staff is good. Wish these guys the best.

I’m not sure the location really works against them.  NYC isn’t for everyone, but could be attractive to some especially those that might want to work there after college.  And as far as wrestling recruits it’s a short drive to a lot of strong areas.

Columbia just hired Greg Bulsak as an Assistant Coach. Bulsak was an All American at 197 for Rutgers. That's quite a staff at Columbia: Pritzlaff 2- Time National Champ and World Bronze Medalist, Rivera 4-Time All American, World Silver Medalist and Olympic Bronze Medalist, Buxton member of the Hall of Fame who coached 12 national champs and 41 All Americans, and 1-Time All American Bulsak. Over the next few years, it will be interesting to see their recruiting results. Clearly an All Star coaching staff

• Bob 2

18 hours ago, grapevine said:

Columbia just hired Greg Bulsak as an Assistant Coach. Bulsak was an All American at 197 for Rutgers. That's quite a staff at Columbia: Pritzlaff 2- Time National Champ and World Bronze Medalist, Rivera 4-Time All American, World Silver Medalist and Olympic Bronze Medalist, Buxton member of the Hall of Fame who coached 12 national champs and 41 All Americans, and 1-Time All American Bulsak. Over the next few years, it will be interesting to see their recruiting results. Clearly an All Star coaching staff

That implies, Goodale didn't offer him the assistant's job when Pritzlaff left.  Surely, his involvement helped Rutgers recruiting this past year.

17 hours ago, bracketbuster said:

No mention of this on the LIU website even though the tweet came out on September 27 but the timing seems strange so close to the season. Lots of positive comments from the LIU wrestlers about their coach.

Per Earl's article, "Sources close to the LIU program attribute this move to indifference from the administration towards the wrestling team."

On 10/5/2024 at 1:04 AM, Jason Bryant said:

LIU has some real staffing issues as a whole. They are on their third SID in less than two seasons. Tons of sports spread across two campuses.

Has an interim coach been named? The season starts in about 3 weeks and no HC? Is the assistant coach still there? 

On 10/5/2024 at 1:04 AM, Jason Bryant said:

LIU has some real staffing issues as a whole. They are on their third SID in less than two seasons. Tons of sports spread across two campuses.

Doesn't that one SID cover all 30-something of their sports?

Also, I'm not going to have much faith in any institution that has cross-country based on one campus, and track & field based on the other campus, which is 25 miles away in New York City traffic.

Has an interim coach been named? The season starts in about 3 weeks and no HC? Is the assistant coach still there? 

I emailed the new SID last week and asked that very same question - no response.
  • Bob 2
  • Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

On 9/18/2024 at 2:35 PM, poorwrestler said:

Love this hire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very disappointing they did not acknowledge his graduation after seven arduous years at Iowa University med school with the proper headline "assistant coach DR. Michael Kemerererer"

i am an idiot on the internet

17 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

I emailed the new SID last week and asked that very same question - no response.

Intermat forum tentacles reach far and wide. Who here has contact with a wrestler on the team? What is happening? Who is leading practices? What is the plan going forward? Are the wrestlers being told anything?